• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
  3. Gamexplain Super Preview Discussion of MUA3

User Info: NightMareBunny

NightMareBunny
4 weeks ago#1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLuSYrXZTDE
Booping In The Scoop

User Info: ChimiChanga

ChimiChanga
4 weeks ago#2
https://i.imgtc.ws/1iWNKQ1.jpg

Looks like the trials characters are Elektra, Magneto, Loki and supposedly Thanos.
Error 404: Signature not found

User Info: xyonray

xyonray
4 weeks ago#3
They played TWO infinity trials before saying they're not fun.... wow okkkk

User Info: jmmiller33

jmmiller33
4 weeks ago#4
I have to say, I really like the way that they arranged the select screen according to team and affiliation. Avengers as a row on top, but also Black Panther adjacent to Storm, then mutants (including Scarlet Witch) all together, with Deadpool adjacent since he's affiliated even though not a mutant, Spidey characters together, Guardians together, Netflix Defenders together, 'Marvel' characters (Carol and Kamala) together, but also Kamala and Crystal (apparently the only Inhumans) adjacent to one another, Midnight Sons (and Midnight Daughters -- i.e., Elsa) together, and -- seemingly -- bad guys Loki and Thanos together in the upper right corner.

EDIT: Also, I just noticed that both Hulk and Doctor Strange (classic, founding Defenders) are adjacent to the Netflix Defenders.

The previous games had the characters arranged in an apparently random mixture. I like this team-based arrangement. It fits very nicely with the overall concept of the game, which is that as you travel around the Marvel 'universe' you are not only unlocking individual characters, but in most cases a whole team in each stage.

I would add that this in-game select screen pretty much definitively rules out any remaining expectation for Vision (not on the Avengers row, not adjacent to Scarlet Witch) or further Inhumans, at least outside of the expansion pass. EDIT: Also, Ant-Man, who would be next to Wasp.

It seems possible that they could add two spaces next to Crystal and Kamala if they wanted to include Black Bolt and Medusa in the MK pack (i.e., a space between Crystal and Luke, and a space between Kamala and Doctor Strange). I think the MK pack will sadly not have Inhumans, but I'm just saying it's at least possible to add those spaces to the select screen in a logical way.

User Info: 7656198

4 weeks ago#5
He expected to see Magneto as DLC lol. Guess that's because he thinks the Trials are dumb and pointless...
PSN: Snycher
Twitch @Snycherus & YouTube @Snycher

User Info: Azztec

Azztec
4 weeks ago#6
jmmiller33 posted...
I think the MK pack will sadly not have Inhumans, but I'm just saying it's at least possible to add those spaces to the select screen in a logical way.

Maybe if there are plans for further packs down the line we can get a dedicated Inhumans pack. I would love to get Black Bolt and Medusa, but there are definitely a few others I wouldn't mind getting my hands on. Karnak for another hand to hand combatant, and Gorgon (or I suppose Quake is a more popular alternative).
"So suave, I could charm the pants off Donald Duck"
Gamertag/PSN id: Azzerrific

User Info: SoopaMan2K

SoopaMan2K
4 weeks ago#7
ChimiChanga posted...

Looks like the trials characters are Elektra, Magneto, Loki and supposedly Thanos.

Are you certain or "You" want it to be Thanos? Loki is sort of believable, though.

The Trials are mostly color variations, ISO's, and other things like EXP Cubes etc.
PSN, XBLGT, NNID: SoopaMan2K

User Info: BCJMU99

BCJMU99
4 weeks ago#8
Getting pumped for this!! Finally will play my Switch again!
Gamertag/PSN:TheCrenshaw / Switch:SW-3006-9908-4697
Currently Playing: RANDOM gaming! (Borderlands 2,State of Decay 2, Gears of War 4)

User Info: Sephirothe88

Sephirothe88
4 weeks ago#9
>trashxplain
KDF, always and forever
inb4deleted/closedbyxboxlover

User Info: richy90

richy90
4 weeks ago#10
SoopaMan2K posted...
ChimiChanga posted...

Are you certain or "You" want it to be Thanos? Loki is sort of believable, though.

The Trials are mostly color variations, ISO's, and other things like EXP Cubes etc.

There are enough arguments to be pretty sure it's Thanos, if you have been following last news.

Yes, he sucks. But he's also likely.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
  3. Gamexplain Super Preview Discussion of MUA3
  • Topic Archived