• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
  3. I wonder if the game will reach 50 playable characters?

User Info: jmmiller33

jmmiller33
3 weeks ago#1
Do you think that the game will reach 50 playable characters? - Results (48 votes)
No, I don't think it will reach 50, even if it gets close
16.67% (8 votes)
Yes, I think it will reach 50 if you include the announced expansion pass
72.92% (35 votes)
I think it might reach 50, but only if there is further DLC after the expansion pass
10.42% (5 votes)
This poll is now closed.
There are 34 confirmed playable characters as of today (June 20):

https://marvelultimatealliance3.nintendo.com/heroes/

I'm making an educated guess that the expansion pass has 12 characters in it, because

i. It would be odd to explicitly promise Fantastic Four content and then only do 2 or 3 of the members

ii. It would also be odd to have 4 characters in the FF pack and less characters in the other two packs

iii. 5 or 6 characters per pack, plus more story content, is an awful lot to expect for $20

So, starting from the educated guess (note: I'm not claiming certainty) that the expansion pass has 12, that means that there would be no less than 46 playable characters in the total game (34 + 12).

So my question is: Do you think that Team Ninja will hit the total of 50 playables?

Or to put it differently: Do you think that there are still 4 more to be revealed in the base roster?

34 + 4 + 12 = 50

I would add here that if it does end up being 50, that's crazy (in a good way) considering that MUA1 had 36 characters (including all system exclusives) and MUA2 had 30.

I could actually imagine that when Team Ninja/Nintendo/Marvel were originally sitting together in front of a dry erase board hashing out the basic scope of the game, and figuring out how many characters they could reasonably complete within the realities of schedule and budget, they decided on the nice round number of 50.

User Info: km1990b

km1990b
3 weeks ago#2
It would be really amazing if the game had 50 playable characters. Honestly, this game will be a spiritual successor to Marvel Heroes for me and as far as I am concerned, the more playable characters the better.

User Info: regmckie

regmckie
3 weeks ago#3
I would of course love to have as many characters as possible, but I feel like 50 is really pushing it. The 12 additional characters (4 for each upcoming DLC) sounds reasonable. Despite what some people think, I really don't think that they'll have 5 or 6 characters per DLC; 4 sounds just right.

I do think that there will be 50+ characters though, if they do decide to continue adding more DLC content.
Life is 10% action and 90% reaction

User Info: bionicflmer

bionicflmer
3 weeks ago#4
I can't see any more than 36-38 in the initial roster
and no more than 12 in these first 3 DLC packs
so maybe 50 or just shy of it

User Info: jmmiller33

jmmiller33
3 weeks ago#5
km1990b posted...
It would be really amazing if the game had 50 playable characters.

Only two things are necessary to hit the number 50

- If the expansion pass has 12
- If there are 4 more in the base roster (i.e., base roster of 38)

I think it's a possibility.

User Info: Mandobard

Mandobard
3 weeks ago#6
Considering we don’t have the full base roster yet, and combine that with the dlc(that we also don’t know the scope or size of) yeah we’lol likely pass 50 pretty handily

User Info: TheYoshi

TheYoshi
3 weeks ago#7
If they really do have 12 characters in the expansion pass, $20 feels like a steal.

User Info: bionicflmer

bionicflmer
3 weeks ago#8
TheYoshi posted...
If they really do have 12 characters in the expansion pass, $20 feels like a steal.

yeah, I have a feeling we will only get 8 characters
2 marvel knights, 2 X-men and the f4
that's only an assumption but it's what I foresee along with the modes and levels that they would let go for $19.99

User Info: richy90

richy90
3 weeks ago#9
km1990b posted...
It would be really amazing if the game had 50 playable characters. Honestly, this game will be a spiritual successor to Marvel Heroes for me and as far as I am concerned, the more playable characters the better.

Exactly this.

User Info: Skullmuncher

Skullmuncher
3 weeks ago#10
TheYoshi posted...

well, back during the days of MUA 1, there were 2 character packs, which you could get for 800 microsoft points, or roughly 10 dollars. each character pack had 4 characters each, so 10$ = 8 characters bassed on past precedent.

And seeing as the expansion pass is 20 dollars this time around, that means that there would be roughly double the content. So 12 characters plus some story content could be how they do it.

Also keep in mind that in MUA 1 characters required much more work to develop, as they had more than 4 skills.

So while it's not a guarentee that the expansion pass will have 12 new playable characters, It is certainly within the realm of possibility.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
  3. I wonder if the game will reach 50 playable characters?
  • Topic Archived