• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
  3. Last characters on the launch/base roster

User Info: regmckie

regmckie
4 weeks ago#31
Fireballs posted...
any chance for my girl emma frost?

At best, she might be in the DLC. I don't think she'll be in the base roster though.
Life is 10% action and 90% reaction

User Info: Mandobard

Mandobard
4 weeks ago#32
jmmiller33 posted...
I'm actually thinking that there is a very small chance the Inhumans may be in the launch roster, and get their own introduction trailer.

The introduction trailer could have Crystal, Kamala and introduce Black Bolt and Medusa as playables. It would also presumably show the Attilan mission a bit more.

I would argue that there is almost no chance of Quake as part of an Inhumans team. Here's why:

- There is no way they would do an Inhumans team without Black Bolt. He is far and away the best known and most popular Inhumans character.

- Quake's seismic vibration power is too similar to Black Bolt's voice power. They would overlap too much.

Other than Crystal and Ms. Marvel (already playable), there are no other Inhumans that make sense for a game like this other than Black Bolt and Medusa. Either both are in, or there is no Inhumans team in the roster.

Eh it’s not really the same, black bolts power is in a cone direct line, and he tends to lean heavily on electricity power side effects now. Meanwhile Quake has martial arts, radial effect but her most impressive stuff is single target precision attacks on delicate points. In the comics she incapacitated Wolverine by causing his heart to explode and took out a super charged magneto by doing the same thing to his head. I mean we have both Wolverine and Black Panther as well as Ironman and Captain marvel. The powers are similar on a surface level but execute quite differently. Quake is also pretty dang popular on both sides now

User Info: Ragiroth

Ragiroth
4 weeks ago#33
I just really hope that out of Beast, Colossus, and Cyclops that at least ONE is playable. That would really suck if they took up the most of the Xmen pack . Only one I really like is Colossus

User Info: TheSwordsman100

TheSwordsman100
4 weeks ago#34
I think out of the characters on the list Quicksilver has the best chance as both his father and sister are in already.

User Info: jmmiller33

jmmiller33
4 weeks ago#35
Mandobard posted...

Eh it’s not really the same, black bolts power is in a cone direct line, and he tends to lean heavily on electricity power side effects now. Meanwhile Quake has martial arts, radial effect but her most impressive stuff is single target precision attacks on delicate points. In the comics she incapacitated Wolverine by causing his heart to explode and took out a super charged magneto by doing the same thing to his head. I mean we have both Wolverine and Black Panther as well as Ironman and Captain marvel. The powers are similar on a surface level but execute quite differently. Quake is also pretty dang popular on both sides now

I doubt that they will give her a long-range 'instant KO' power that causes a foe to just keel over from an exploded heart. And BB can certainly use his voice in a radial manner as well, not only a cone in front of him.

Let me put it this way: Quake and Black Bolt on the same team is boring. Medusa is a much, much more classic character that has been around for 50 years, she is the wife of Black Bolt and an original member of the Inhuman royal family rather than a character retconned as an Inhuman years after being introduced, and her hair power offers something much more distinctive than Quake brings to the game. No other character in the game would have a move set like Medusa.

User Info: TheYoshi

TheYoshi
4 weeks ago#36
I think out of the characters on the list Quicksilver has the best chance as both his father and sister are in already.

His wife too, and possibly his brother-in-law.

User Info: Mandobard

Mandobard
4 weeks ago#37
jmmiller33 posted...
Mandobard posted...

I doubt that they will give her a long-range 'instant KO' power that causes a foe to just keel over from an exploded heart. And BB can certainly use his voice in a radial manner as well, not only a cone in front of him.

Let me put it this way: Quake and Black Bolt on the same team is boring. Medusa is a much, much more classic character that has been around for 50 years, she is the wife of Black Bolt and an original member of the Inhuman royal family rather than a character retconned as an Inhuman years after being introduced, and her hair power offers something much more distinctive than Quake brings to the game. No other character in the game would have a move set like Medusa.

Don’t get me wrong both is best scenario, but Quake does have strong popularity these days

User Info: RobotPirteGhost

RobotPirteGhost
4 weeks ago#38
I just want Devil Dinosaur.
Games beaten in 2019: 10. Latest - The Messenger
Not changing this line until Dimitri, Moosh, and Ricky appear in another LOZ game (7/20/09)

User Info: LordRattergun

LordRattergun
3 weeks ago#39
Just Thanos. Thanos is a meme and there's no way they're missing the movie tie-in.
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg

User Info: Theonerayman

Theonerayman
3 weeks ago#40
LordRattergun posted...
Just Thanos. Thanos is a meme and there's no way they're missing the movie tie-in.

I would be stunned if Thanos wasn't playable after beating the story.
For Aiur!
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
  3. Last characters on the launch/base roster
  • Topic Archived