• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
  3. GameStop Pre orders get a neat poster!

User Info: HopesPeak

HopesPeak
2 months ago#31
lenmutt posted...
heheh carol is def roman reigns of Marvel

Seriously, and there's jokes like that Radiant poster who keeps shilling her just like how a typical WWE fan would shill Reigns. All it does is show that they don't care or know anything about the source material that they came from. (Or in Reign's case, his complete lack of charisma, & mic skills.) They only care about marketers want you to think.

Cappy Marvel does deserve to be in MUA, since she's always been a mainstay of the MUA roster but in the first two she was just a minor-league character, when those two used the Marvel that most fans actually liked.
http://www.paradisehotel51.com

User Info: regmckie

regmckie
2 months ago#32
HopesPeak posted...
RadiantViper posted...
Stefan1277 posted...
RadiantViper posted...
omgseal posted...
that poster looks great. aside from them shoving captain marvel in the center. stop marvel. no one likes her.

Yeah no one likes her, that's why her movie flopped.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=marvel2018a.htm

Suicide Squad made 746.5 millions total. The movie was dreadful and the characters are memes at best.

The thing about Ms. Marvel's success was that the movie was the first female-led Marvel movie, and people were interested to see what'd go down. The problem was that the movie itself lacks coherence and favors humor over drama, but the biggest misstep was to make Captain Marvel insufferable.

Her personality is just pure arrogance and an eternal *****-iness. Her 3 only emotions are angry, angrier and ******* angry. People are expected to like her because she somehow manages to always have the last word in every single conversation or banter, simply unable to ever lose at anything and demand everything from everyone.

She is definitely being pushed too forcefully into the fandom... Which only make things worse, really.

Cool opinion. Doesn't mean that no one likes her.

Cappy Marvel is so forced. I like how all because she has a movie, that's she's now all of a sudden considered one of, if not the strongest character in the entire Marvel universe when she's historically been relatively weak or low mid-tier at best in terms of overall strength.

Even Spiderwoman is more powerful than she is. Spideywoman is actually pretty strong overall. I'm just saying that even random characters that barely anyone talks about is more powerful than the current flavor of the week.
If Jessica Jones weren't so lazy, she'd whoop on Marvel's ass.

If only Disney had secured the rights to X-men earlier, Jean Grey would've deserved the position of the most powerful marvel character than Cappy Marvel ever did. Jean Grey is already the strongest ever mutant.

You're really downplaying Captain Marvel's abilities. Even as Ms. Marvel she has been able to accomplish some incredible feats. I wouldn't say that Spiderwoman or Jessica Jones are more powerful than her at all.
Life is 10% action and 90% reaction

User Info: RadiantViper

RadiantViper
2 months ago#33
HopesPeak posted...
lenmutt posted...
heheh carol is def roman reigns of Marvel

Seriously, and there's jokes like that Radiant poster who keeps shilling her just like how a typical WWE fan would shill Reigns. All it does is show that they don't care or know anything about the source material that they came from. (Or in Reign's case, his complete lack of charisma, & mic skills.) They only care about marketers want you to think.

Cappy Marvel does deserve to be in MUA, since she's always been a mainstay of the MUA roster but in the first two she was just a minor-league character, when those two used the Marvel that most fans actually liked.

I'm making fun of how angry nerds have to make it sound like literally NO ONE likes her because they can't accept people having different opinions. I guess pointing out simple facts is "shilling" to you, though.

She's a fictional character guys, she can't hurt you.

User Info: RadiantViper

RadiantViper
2 months ago#34
HopesPeak posted...
RadiantViper posted...
Stefan1277 posted...
RadiantViper posted...
omgseal posted...
that poster looks great. aside from them shoving captain marvel in the center. stop marvel. no one likes her.

Yeah no one likes her, that's why her movie flopped.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=marvel2018a.htm

Suicide Squad made 746.5 millions total. The movie was dreadful and the characters are memes at best.

The thing about Ms. Marvel's success was that the movie was the first female-led Marvel movie, and people were interested to see what'd go down. The problem was that the movie itself lacks coherence and favors humor over drama, but the biggest misstep was to make Captain Marvel insufferable.

Her personality is just pure arrogance and an eternal *****-iness. Her 3 only emotions are angry, angrier and ******* angry. People are expected to like her because she somehow manages to always have the last word in every single conversation or banter, simply unable to ever lose at anything and demand everything from everyone.

She is definitely being pushed too forcefully into the fandom... Which only make things worse, really.

Cappy Marvel is so forced. I like how all because she has a movie, that's she's now all of a sudden considered one of, if not the strongest character in the entire Marvel universe when she's historically been relatively weak or low mid-tier at best in terms of overall strength.

Even Spiderwoman is more powerful than she is. Spideywoman is actually pretty strong overall. I'm just saying that even random characters that barely anyone talks about is more powerful than the current flavor of the week.

If only Disney had secured the rights to X-men earlier, Jean Grey would've deserved the position of the most powerful marvel character than Cappy Marvel ever did. Jean Grey is already the strongest ever mutant.

User Info: swongq

swongq
2 months ago#35
Hmm poster or keychain? I’ll stick with my keychain lol

User Info: H_H_J_J

H_H_J_J
2 months ago#36
HopesPeak posted...

Wow. None of this is true.

Even as Ms. Marvel, before the MCU and the boys at Disney were pushing her, Carol was a top tier powerhouse. As Binary she was god-like, and even having burnt those powers out, with their vestiges, she was capable of keeping up with the big boys. She would stomp Jessica, be it Drew or Jones.

Jean has never been the most powerful mutant. Hell, that's a massive part of her plotline, that her and Scott can create the ubermutant (Jesus Cable, X-Man). And she's always been outclassed by high-level muties like Franklin Richards, Magneto and Storm.

She has been a heavy hitter using the Phoenix Force, but Jean as a mutant has always been... okay. She's had potential, like Iceman, but much like Iceman it's never been realized. Bobby is a slacker, Jean holds back.

User Info: lenmutt

lenmutt
2 months ago#37
H_H_J_J posted...
Even as Ms. Marvel, before the MCU and the boys at Disney were pushing her, Carol was a top tier powerhouse.

but a b-lister hell she still is a b-lister to many

User Info: regmckie

regmckie
2 months ago#38
lenmutt posted...
H_H_J_J posted...
Even as Ms. Marvel, before the MCU and the boys at Disney were pushing her, Carol was a top tier powerhouse.

but a b-lister hell she still is a b-lister to many

Characters like Iron Man and Captain America weren't as popular as they are now though. Carol's just getting started and I'll only assume that Marvel/Disney will continue to push her more and more.
Life is 10% action and 90% reaction
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
  3. GameStop Pre orders get a neat poster!
  • Topic Archived