You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
  3. Characters from the last 3 games not yet confirmed:

User Info: STEROLIZER

STEROLIZER
4 weeks ago#31
jmmiller33 posted...
phil_hendrie posted...
Green Goblin was in MUA2? Thats awesome...

MUA2 is a great game. You'll hear otherwise on this board, but it was a great game. Still very much worth playing, if you can get ahold of it online somehow or happen to have an XBox360 or PS3.

It was terrible.
---./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_........................Love is like a bottle of gin
---( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,..............But a bottle of gin is not like love.

User Info: PepeGorgonzola

PepeGorgonzola
4 weeks ago#32
phil_hendrie posted...

Yes he was playable in that game. But I'm not sure why he's on that list because he was shown in the first trailer that was released for this game.

STEROLIZER
4 weeks ago#33
PepeGorgonzola posted...
phil_hendrie posted...

Yes he was playable in that game. But I'm not sure why he's on that list because he was shown in the first trailer that was released for this game.

...he's not playable is he?
---( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,..............But a bottle of gin is not like love.

User Info: crabsmack

crabsmack
4 weeks ago#34
phil_hendrie posted...

The most fun character in the whole game too, and one of the most fun characters in the whole series. When on his glider his melee would become a machine gun and his heavy attack was missiles. Some of his specials would change slightly when on his glider too. Had a really unique playstyle.

User Info: Richardthe3rd

Richardthe3rd
3 weeks ago#35
I'm hoping for Silver Surfer as he's my favorite.
excusatio non petita, accusatio manifesta.

User Info: thenagan

thenagan
3 weeks ago#36
STEROLIZER posted...
PepeGorgonzola posted...
phil_hendrie posted...

yes he is lol it takes a while to unlock him but hes in MUA 2.
PSN: SmileyGamer13

STEROLIZER
3 weeks ago#37
thenagan posted...
STEROLIZER posted...
PepeGorgonzola posted...
phil_hendrie posted...

yes he is lol it takes a while to unlock him but hes in MUA 2.

I meant MAU3

User Info: HopesPeak

HopesPeak
3 weeks ago#38
H_H_J_J posted...
MercwithMouth82 posted...
What has Marvel Heroes to do with MUA?

But then, beyond the name, what does MUA1&2 have to do with MUA3? Activison published those, and the devs were Ravensoft and Vicarious Visions. This time it's Team Ninja published by Nintendo. And there's apparently no story elements being followed through with.

At the end of the day, Marvel Heroes felt like a spiritual successor to MUA. And in more ways than not, it kinda feels like that's what this is.

I didn't like the way Marvel Heroes played though. Its gameplay was even worse than MUA2, with practically every single character playing nearly the same exact way, just as a different skin.

MUA3 feels like the true sequel that MUA1 never had, although MUA3 looks most similar to Xmen Legends 2, which I don't mind since I that was the best one. As good as MUA1 was, some portions of that game were just so damn geeky coz it paid tribute to the classic Jack Kirby era. Everything I've seen from MUA3 looks full blown 80s/90s style Marvel, especially with the Frank Miller art direction in The hand stage.

Team Ninja developing this game is what finally got me aboard the Switch train. TN doing the action is def going to make this more fun than the Xmen Legends games were.
MUA2 is a great game. You'll hear otherwise on this board, but it was a great game. Still very much worth playing, if you can get ahold of it online somehow or happen to have an XBox360 or PS3.

It was terrible.

This. I didn't finally play MUA2 until I got the remastered version on PS4 and I always get bored after every single level. The entire campaign is goddamn generic. It was like Call of Duty, before Activision went crazy with COD.

All you're fighting for the most part are generic military dudes who shouldn't be able to put up a fight against Super heroes at all. At least most of the fights I've seen so far in MUA3 look plausible. Even the Kingpin fight looks believable since they're using oldschool Kingpin who could actually go toe to toe with Spidey.

It didn't help that MUA2's writing was so bland. In MUA3, Deadpool joins you coz Juggs destroyed his tacos! In MUA2, Deadpool just joins you coz you helped fight off a couple of mlitary goons. He wasn't even in MUA1's story, I think you just found Deadpool like a piece of loot but at least combat in MUA1 got crazy as hell once you specced out your powers & specialize your builds, which was the main thing I hated about MUA2. There was no move variety, which made the game even more boring & bland then it already was.
http://www.paradisehotel51.com

User Info: kevin804635

kevin804635
3 weeks ago#39
HopesPeak posted...
H_H_J_J posted...
MercwithMouth82 posted...
What has Marvel Heroes to do with MUA?

But then, beyond the name, what does MUA1&2 have to do with MUA3? Activison published those, and the devs were Ravensoft and Vicarious Visions. This time it's Team Ninja published by Nintendo. And there's apparently no story elements being followed through with.

At the end of the day, Marvel Heroes felt like a spiritual successor to MUA. And in more ways than not, it kinda feels like that's what this is.

I didn't like the way Marvel Heroes played though. Its gameplay was even worse than MUA2, with practically every single character playing nearly the same exact way, just as a different skin.

MUA3 feels like the true sequel that MUA1 never had, although MUA3 looks most similar to Xmen Legends 2, which I don't mind since I that was the best one. As good as MUA1 was, some portions of that game were just so damn geeky coz it paid tribute to the classic Jack Kirby era. Everything I've seen from MUA3 looks full blown 80s/90s style Marvel, especially with the Frank Miller art direction in The hand stage.

Team Ninja developing this game is what finally got me aboard the Switch train. TN doing the action is def going to make this more fun than the Xmen Legends games were.

It was terrible.

This. I didn't finally play MUA2 until I got the remastered version on PS4 and I always get bored after every single level. The entire campaign is goddamn generic. It was like Call of Duty, before Activision went crazy with COD.

All you're fighting for the most part are generic military dudes who shouldn't be able to put up a fight against Super heroes at all. At least most of the fights I've seen so far in MUA3 look plausible. Even the Kingpin fight looks believable since they're using oldschool Kingpin who could actually go toe to toe with Spidey.

It didn't help that MUA2's writing was so bland. In MUA3, Deadpool joins you coz Juggs destroyed his tacos! In MUA2, Deadpool just joins you coz you helped fight off a couple of mlitary goons. He wasn't even in MUA1's story, I think you just found Deadpool like a piece of loot but at least combat in MUA1 got crazy as hell once you specced out your powers & specialize your builds, which was the main thing I hated about MUA2. There was no move variety, which made the game even more boring & bland then it already was.

Deadpool was unlocked by default in the version of MUA 1 that I played.

But I feel you on most of what you wrote about MUA 2. I also thought that the team-building was less satisfying in it. In the first game, your team had a level and upgradable attributes alongside it. The fact that costumes had stats tied to them wasn't 100% ideal, but did add to a level of customization of playstyle that made it worthwhile to put thought into your team.

MUA 2 threw all of that away with no team-based progression or customization. There were the 3 medals and your individual power upgrades and that was it. Made every team I put together feel interchangeable and I never got excited when characters leveled up. I knew it would just mean that my projectile would do a dozen extra damage points per hit now. Hooray.

Hoping that this game doesn't feel as dry in that respect.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
  3. Characters from the last 3 games not yet confirmed: