• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
  3. Let's say they announce a Villains DLC down the line, who would you want?

User Info: Mandobard

Mandobard
1 month ago#21
Dr Demonicus along with his ability to summon giant monsters for skills

User Info: xyonray

xyonray
1 month ago#22
Theonerayman posted...
I really hope we get doom in the f4 pack. If not then put him in a villains one. 2 of my 3 favorite comic characters are already in the game so I hate being greedy, but Doom being my all time favorite, having him along with Magneto and Iron man would be amazing.

Doom would be the perfect blend of Iron Man and Dr. Strange, not to mention the history between him and Thanos. I'd LOVE to have him playable.

User Info: H_H_J_J

H_H_J_J
1 month ago#23
The ones I wouldn't mind seeing:

Doctor Doom: He's got it all; tech, magic, an army of killer robots, a cool cape. He'll work with heroes when it suits his needs. The problem here is that with only four powers I'm not sure you can do Doom justice. He's just got so much going on.

Green Goblin: The glider, the bombs, the electro gauntlers, razor bats... He's got all the cool toys. He's been playable in action RPGs before and has always been fun. Is willing to play the hero, on paper at least, if it benefits him.

Doctor Octopus: There's just so much potential with those arms. Has worked with the heroes on occasion.

Loki: Asgardian sorcerer specializing in illusions. Good, broad powers and popular to boot post-MCU. Has been a hero.

Sandman: Size-changing, shape-changing; lot of potential for fun there. Has been a hero.

Juggernaut: He's invulnerable, and it's fun to smash things with your head. Been a hero.

Taskmaster: Has the powers and gear of a bunch of guys. Excellent choice for a jack of all trades character. Also will work for anyone who pays him, heroes and SHIELD included.

User Info: Theonerayman

Theonerayman
1 month ago#24
xyonray posted...
Theonerayman posted...
I really hope we get doom in the f4 pack. If not then put him in a villains one. 2 of my 3 favorite comic characters are already in the game so I hate being greedy, but Doom being my all time favorite, having him along with Magneto and Iron man would be amazing.

Doom would be the perfect blend of Iron Man and Dr. Strange, not to mention the history between him and Thanos. I'd LOVE to have him playable.

There is such great history. The scene where Thanos blasts Doom and he survives in the Infinity Gauntlet saga is classic. There is another panel in which Thanos comments on how of ALL the people living on Earth the only one he keeps constant watch on is Doom. Plus you have God Doom going full on MK 1 sub zero on Thanos. I feel like Doom is a PERFECT fit for this game if for no other reason that the Story. He's had as many encounters with Thanos as most of the people on the roster and more so than many.
For Aiur!

User Info: bnmp

bnmp
1 month ago#25
satat317 posted...
Spiral

I quite like this idea.

User Info: jmmiller33

jmmiller33
1 month ago#26
xyonray posted...
jmmiller33 posted...
I'm hoping that they don't do a villains pack. Much rather play as almost any hero rather than villains, unless it's a villain who has spent significant time as a hero (for example, Magneto).

May I ask why? Previous games had villains and I felt like it was cool to have them unite in an "Ultimate Alliance" to fight a larger threat. Just curious I guess...

Have to say first that I appreciate the friendly way you put that. Many people would immediately criticize rather than ask a question.

When I'm playing MUA2 (which I still do sometimes; I really enjoy that game, apparently more than most people did), I enjoy playing Green Goblin, Juggernaut, Carnage, Venom, Nanite Nick, because all of them have really fun sets of powers. And in MUA1 I play Doom (because that eye beam attack he has is so much fun). There are plenty of villains who would have great power sets in an action-rpg like this (one example that comes to mind is Omega Red).

But if the design of the game were up to me, I would have no playable villains unless they have been members of a hero team for a significant period (Magneto, Emma Frost, Songbird, etc.), because I simply prefer to play as characters that are not consistently portrayed in the stories as murderers. When I play as Carnage in MUA2, it bothers me that the character is supposed to be a serial killer. No denying that Carnage is fun to play as, it just bothers me.

Obviously it would be pathetic to live vicariously through characters on a screen. The character is not you, it's just a fictional character in a video game. Nonetheless, I don't like playing as villains. And in most cases (not all), there is usually a heroic character with a very similar set of powers, so you don't really need the villain to make the gameplay interesting.

User Info: Reuan

Reuan
1 month ago#27
H_H_J_J posted...
Doctor Octopus: There's just so much potential with those arms. Has worked with the heroes on occasion.

Considering Superior Spider-Man I'm a little shocked he hasn't been in as many games as he could've been

User Info: xyonray

xyonray
1 month ago#28
jmmiller33 posted...
xyonray posted...
jmmiller33 posted...
I'm hoping that they don't do a villains pack. Much rather play as almost any hero rather than villains, unless it's a villain who has spent significant time as a hero (for example, Magneto).

May I ask why? Previous games had villains and I felt like it was cool to have them unite in an "Ultimate Alliance" to fight a larger threat. Just curious I guess...

Have to say first that I appreciate the friendly way you put that. Many people would immediately criticize rather than ask a question.

When I'm playing MUA2 (which I still do sometimes; I really enjoy that game, apparently more than most people did), I enjoy playing Green Goblin, Juggernaut, Carnage, Venom, Nanite Nick, because all of them have really fun sets of powers. And in MUA1 I play Doom (because that eye beam attack he has is so much fun). There are plenty of villains who would have great power sets in an action-rpg like this (one example that comes to mind is Omega Red).

But if the design of the game were up to me, I would have no playable villains unless they have been members of a hero team for a significant period (Magneto, Emma Frost, Songbird, etc.), because I simply prefer to play as characters that are not consistently portrayed in the stories as murderers. When I play as Carnage in MUA2, it bothers me that the character is supposed to be a serial killer. No denying that Carnage is fun to play as, it just bothers me.

Obviously it would be pathetic to live vicariously through characters on a screen. The character is not you, it's just a fictional character in a video game. Nonetheless, I don't like playing as villains. And in most cases (not all), there is usually a heroic character with a very similar set of powers, so you don't really need the villain to make the gameplay interesting.

No problem, I just typically try to understand before I criticize. In this case I completely get it.

Pretty much why I don't like games like Call of Duty. I don't like playing as someone who KILLS people. Of course in this game we dispose of enemies in such a way that indicate that they die, but I like to imagine they're just unconscious. Superheroes and villains I feel keep coming back, they never really die.

I just tend to prefer games that are not too violent. I love games that allow me to collect. Racing games in which you can get 600 cars, Pokemon where you amass many kinds of Pokemon, Marvel games in which you unlock many characters and costumes. I used to love the Suikoden series, there were so many characters available, those were fun.

In this case, while I do understand what you mean, I feel the villains still put aside differences and sort of reform. I'm sorry, english isn't my first language but I hope you understand what I mean.

User Info: TheSwordsman100

TheSwordsman100
1 month ago#29
Evol posted...
MercwithMouth82 posted...
Wouldn't count Black Cat as a villain though...

If Deadpool’s counted as a villain, so is Black Cat. 👅

Heck Venom is counted as a villain as well and they're even more heroic than Deadpool. If the logic is that they used to be villains than Hawkeye and Black Widow needs to be on that bonus as well.

As for playable villains, TBH I don't really want any villains as I feel they are a wasted spot that could go to a hero or antihero but if I had to choose,

Black Cat: The only other Spidey character that really feels missing, plus while she isn't actually a villain, via MUA3 logic she fits.

Doc Ock: But only if his heel-face turn has story significance. This verse is already pulling from different eras and mashing them together so him becoming the Superior Spider-Man shouldn't be too much a stretch. Though I wish he used the Superior Octopus as his hero identity instead, having three guys all going by Spider-Man bugs me when Miles and Ock could work by their own merits instead of piggy backing on Peter's.

User Info: DarthVashti

DarthVashti
1 month ago#30
Does Mistress Death count?
Dark Phoenix
Red Skull

I apologize if any of the characters is suggested are already in the game I haven’t been following too closely.
Not a quality poster
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
  3. Let's say they announce a Villains DLC down the line, who would you want?
  • Topic Archived