• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Avalon64

Avalon64
1 month ago#41
Dimension Door posted...
I wasn't interested in this game before until they showed Psylocke.

that pretty much is MY story too

I don't have a Switch and friend asked me to co-op the game with him, I took one look and saw how much despite showing off the original Avengers and the Guardians how prominent they were promoting ugh...Captain Marvel (sigh Carol you will ALWAYS be Ms Marvel to me not THIS trash) and knowing that Ms Millenial...eer Ms "Marvel" was also in the game I won't lie I wasn't that excited so I was agreeing mostly as a favour for him rather then any of my own interest

then we were watching the E3 footage and they were doing the Xavier mansion and I was going oh cool Cyclops and Colossus, but watch man they're not gonna put in my favourite Xmen Psylocke...and sure enough she shows up with Nightcrawler...gritting my teeth I went well they're probably guest characters its not like she's gonna join the party or anything...Nightcrawler and Psylocke join the team

....goddammit now I HAVE to play it...I swear, I think my friend found out about my apathy, went to Team Ninja and said! Put Psylocke in the game so my friend will be more interested in playing! So yeah at least I have MORE choices then Ironman, and Spiderman now lol

but I swear if the game FORCES you to play as Cap Marvel at any point, I am going to intentionally select her so I can steer her into hazards, enemy attacks or jump off cliffs...ANYTHING to make it a 3 person party lol
Can you taste The Angel's extraordinary skill?- Angel
Humanity alone possesses a God The power to transcend the now the inner God called possibility - Banagher

User Info: jmmiller33

jmmiller33
1 month ago#42
RadiantViper posted...

Whether or not I can see video game tiddies is truly the most political topic imaginable. I wonder when Congress will step in to stop the SJWs.

I'm not a fan of Trump, and I'm very disturbed by the fact that opposition to immigrants seems to have become the primary animating force in the GOP. But I your response ignores his larger point about the poison of identity politics.

If I understand Swordsman correctly, he is saying that, in a bitterly ironic sort of way, identity politics reinforces and feeds racism by reducing a human person to skin color, or some other kind of reduction (e.g., the no true Scotsman argument which says that "true" women must support abortion, when in fact the majority of those who oppose abortion are women).

Identity politics on the left has a mirror image in identity politics on the right. One reduction of the human person leads to a counter-reduction on the other side; but the quote that Swordsman cited from MLK, Jr. ("content of their character") shows the lie in all this, that people are not reducible to their skin. Identity politics perpetuates racism when it uses terms like 'black' or 'brown' as nouns, not as adjectives that describe a human being. There are no 'Blacks,' there are no 'Whites,' there are humans. This doesn't mean that cultural differences should be ignored, nor that the historical and present suffering of people with dark skin should be forgotten or papered over, just that the starting point for rejecting racism is to understand that there is a common humanity underneath all cultures and times.

On topic, I am glad that the art for this game has drawn the female characters in a beautiful way. However, our culture has a very strong tendency to turn women into objects, not persons but things to be used, and video games are often a clear example of this. I am glad that the female characters in the game are fully clothed, and I hope that it ends up being the kind of game you can play with a kid without giving them terrible ideas about women. I hope to play this game with both my sons, who should not be taught to objectify women, and my daughters, who should not be taught that it's okay for them to be objectified.

User Info: GENERALJA0

GENERALJA0
1 month ago#43
Solution_45 posted...
damn, Psylocke in a landslide.

im actually surprised by this, when i first saw it before i voted i said im sure black widow will win. then i voted Scarlett witch because thats my girl and saw it was a landslide for Psylocke.

didnt realize everyone on this board has a boner for Psylocke.
^^^ Above statements are my opinions and mine alone...

Avalon64
1 month ago#44
GENERALJA0 posted...
Solution_45 posted...
damn, Psylocke in a landslide.

im actually surprised by this, when i first saw it before i voted i said im sure black widow will win. then i voted Scarlett witch because thats my girl and saw it was a landslide for Psylocke.

didnt realize everyone on this board has a boner for Psylocke.

well besides actually being hot and having easily one of the most convoluted backstories to the point it actually became memorable lol

if you follow the long history of Marvel video games for the NES, Sega to the early playstation days, Psylocke actually was featured in ALOT of video games, long before they considered putting Black Widow in any of them, it would not be surprising if people who played games long enough she would be the first Marvel female (either her or Storm) people would play in games

then ontop of that, she was always popular even if comics writers would never give her due to wanting to promote other characters on top of her
Humanity alone possesses a God The power to transcend the now the inner God called possibility - Banagher

User Info: Richardthe3rd

Richardthe3rd
1 month ago#45
If Psyloche is a choice in anything,
Then answer is always Psyloche.
excusatio non petita, accusatio manifesta.

User Info: mr369248

mr369248
1 month ago#46
Why am I not surprised Psylocke is winning.

User Info: RadiantViper

RadiantViper
1 month ago#47
jmmiller33 posted...
RadiantViper posted...

Whether or not I can see video game tiddies is truly the most political topic imaginable. I wonder when Congress will step in to stop the SJWs.

I'm not a fan of Trump, and I'm very disturbed by the fact that opposition to immigrants seems to have become the primary animating force in the GOP. But I your response ignores his larger point about the poison of identity politics.

If I understand Swordsman correctly, he is saying that, in a bitterly ironic sort of way, identity politics reinforces and feeds racism by reducing a human person to skin color, or some other kind of reduction (e.g., the no true Scotsman argument which says that "true" women must support abortion, when in fact the majority of those who oppose abortion are women).

Identity politics on the left has a mirror image in identity politics on the right. One reduction of the human person leads to a counter-reduction on the other side; but the quote that Swordsman cited from MLK, Jr. ("content of their character") shows the lie in all this, that people are not reducible to their skin. Identity politics perpetuates racism when it uses terms like 'black' or 'brown' as nouns, not as adjectives that describe a human being. There are no 'Blacks,' there are no 'Whites,' there are humans. This doesn't mean that cultural differences should be ignored, nor that the historical and present suffering of people with dark skin should be forgotten or papered over, just that the starting point for rejecting racism is to understand that there is a common humanity underneath all cultures and times.

On topic, I am glad that the art for this game has drawn the female characters in a beautiful way. However, our culture has a very strong tendency to turn women into objects, not persons but things to be used, and video games are often a clear example of this. I am glad that the female characters in the game are fully clothed, and I hope that it ends up being the kind of game you can play with a kid without giving them terrible ideas about women. I hope to play this game with both my sons, who should not be taught to objectify women, and my daughters, who should not be taught that it's okay for them to be objectified.

I'm glad you took the time to drop a load of nonsensical enlightened centrism garbage in this thread about Psylocke's butt

If more games had Psylocke's butt, there would be no racism

RadiantViper
1 month ago#48
Avalon64 posted...
but I swear if the game FORCES you to play as Cap Marvel at any point, I am going to intentionally select her so I can steer her into hazards, enemy attacks or jump off cliffs...ANYTHING to make it a 3 person party lol

You sound like an emotionally stable person

Avalon64
1 month ago#49
RadiantViper posted...
Avalon64 posted...

oh why thank you, my therapist says MAYBE in a couple more years I MIGHT be able to take off the straitjacket

RadiantViper
1 month ago#50
Avalon64 posted...
RadiantViper posted...
Avalon64 posted...

oh why thank you, my therapist says MAYBE in a couple more years I MIGHT be able to take off the straitjacket

And then you see a movie poster for the new Captain Marvel movie and immediately go into a relapse

Shame
  • Topic Archived