• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: VoltEF

VoltEF
1 month ago#31
RadiantViper posted...
VoltEF posted...
LazorGuns posted...
RadiantViper posted...
LazorGuns posted...
RadiantViper posted...
Thank god the evil gaming media didn't launch a crusade and murder the brave game developers like they usually do. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that the SJWs denying me jerk-off material is the greatest crime against humanity that has ever been committed.

Anyways, Hulk is definitely the sexiest hero in the game.

Here we go...

Indeed, here we go with the absolute truth bombs about the sinister gaming media. They roam around in hunting packs, looking for any females exposing skin, and promptly kill them. Also I heard they criticized CD Project Red, the holiest game developers out there. Which crime is worse? You decide.

Fortunately, for every NRS, there's a Project Soul willing to stick to their guns. Because really, there's nothing wrong with female characters looking visually appealing as opposed to being made ugly over a vocal minority, who (as if this needs mention), won't even play the game.

Amazingly enough, people other than straight white males make and play games. And I know this might be shocking and upsetting, but just like straight white males want to see something like themselves and the things they like in their media, so do other people!

There is no goddamn SJW conspiracy. NRS didn't cave to political pressure or pander to a mythological group of people who complain about games they have no intention of ever playing. They - and other developers - listened to the voices of gamers and game makers who wanted to see something other than the same thing the industry has done for its entire history. Occam's razor this and ask what's more likely: a vast conspiracy against straight white males and their interests (which is ludicrous, since straight white males still have way more power than any other subset of society) or that individuals from other groups have entered the entertainment industry in greater numbers than ever before and are doing things differently?

And before you call me an SJW or a cuck or a snowflake or whatever else, understand that I'm not offended by fanservice. Hell, Dead or Alive is my favorite fighting game and I've been playing MK since the original was new in arcades. But I'm sick to death of this topic taking over the conversation for every game I'm interested in. The simple fact is the entertainment industry has changed just as society has changed, and neither one is going to get less inclusive.

To end this with my favorite quote on the subject, "When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression." I 100% believe this is what's going on every time this topic comes up. There's a bunch of man-children throwing a tantrum because they aren't being catered to.

But my favourite manchild nerd gaming channel told me SJWs were ruining gaming - are you disagreeing with KillAllWomen3749 on Youtube?

Oh, in that case I take back everything I said. I can't stand up against the blistering intellectual might of a YouTuber...
http://www.jageorgewriting.com
Writing, rants and ridiculousness

User Info: TheSwordsman100

TheSwordsman100
1 month ago#32
@LazorGuns I'm sorry some jerks decided to try to ruin your topic. I think the most attractive female character in this game is Psylocke.

@RadiantViper Your pathetic strawman impersonation isn't fooling anyone, come back when you understand our actual arguments.

@VoltEF Amazingly enough and I know this will be quite shocking to you is that the group of people who are against "progressive" ideology are not all white, straight, or male nor do we care to "see" ourselves in other characters. Metroid, Life is Strange, Shante and Tomb Raider would not be popular with people who don't share their characteristics if that was the case.

You're both wrong, the company was already full of "progressives."

SJW is just shorhand for "progressive" if I wanted to insult you I'd call you a NPC. I'm sick of political conversations invading games I'm interested as well, in fact most gamers are, if I had my way this type of conversation would be limited to the appropriate board. Society in general hasn't drunk the identity politics kool aid like you think, otherwise most women would identify as feminists, (Though not all feminists are a problem, just the 3rd wave kind as older feminists like Christina Hoff Summers are against your ideology as well) Trump wouldn't be our president, people wouldn't of voted in favor of Brexit and Austraila's Trump wouldn't of won.

That quote is very flawed, like most good things when taken to extremes, it can and will become a problem. For equality that is making sure all outcomes are the same as people are fundamentally different from each other and in a effort to make the outcomes the same it will force you to judge people based on their arbitrary characteristics instead of the content of their character, leading to racism, forgetting people are individuals and double standards. Take for instance your opening comment you assumed everyone on the opposing side is white and straight and male. Which is the bigotry of thinking groups of individuals think the same based on their arbitrary characteristics.

User Info: Dimension Door

Dimension Door
1 month ago#33
I wasn't interested in this game before until they showed Psylocke.
"Which is it, a memory or us?"

User Info: omgseal

omgseal
1 month ago#34
tbh psylockes ass looks wierd to me in game. her back looks broken at the curve of her ass so it looks like it stick out further. it makes my back hurt looking at it. i mean, her ass big. i dont know why they needed to do that. i voted for storm but i havent really looked at her too much. i just know my goddess from the comics but stuntin on all the hoes
"Dost thou love me? But thou must!"

User Info: RadiantViper

RadiantViper
1 month ago#35
TheSwordsman100 posted...
@LazorGuns I'm sorry some jerks decided to try to ruin your topic. I think the most attractive female character in this game is Psylocke.

@RadiantViper Your pathetic strawman impersonation isn't fooling anyone, come back when you understand our actual arguments.

@VoltEF Amazingly enough and I know this will be quite shocking to you is that the group of people who are against "progressive" ideology are not all white, straight, or male nor do we care to "see" ourselves in other characters. Metroid, Life is Strange, Shante and Tomb Raider would not be popular with people who don't share their characteristics if that was the case.

You're both wrong, the company was already full of "progressives."

SJW is just shorhand for "progressive" if I wanted to insult you I'd call you a NPC. I'm sick of political conversations invading games I'm interested as well, in fact most gamers are, if I had my way this type of conversation would be limited to the appropriate board. Society in general hasn't drunk the identity politics kool aid like you think, otherwise most women would identify as feminists, (Though not all feminists are a problem, just the 3rd wave kind as older feminists like Christina Hoff Summers are against your ideology as well) Trump wouldn't be our president, people wouldn't of voted in favor of Brexit and Austraila's Trump wouldn't of won.

That quote is very flawed, like most good things when taken to extremes, it can and will become a problem. For equality that is making sure all outcomes are the same as people are fundamentally different from each other and in a effort to make the outcomes the same it will force you to judge people based on their arbitrary characteristics instead of the content of their character, leading to racism, forgetting people are individuals and double standards. Take for instance your opening comment you assumed everyone on the opposing side is white and straight and male. Which is the bigotry of thinking groups of individuals think the same based on their arbitrary characteristics.

Whether or not I can see video game tiddies is truly the most political topic imaginable. I wonder when Congress will step in to stop the SJWs.

User Info: Solution_45

Solution_45
4 weeks ago#36
damn, Psylocke in a landslide.
"Moderator Discretion" - If you encounter someone with an opinion you don't like, just censor them.

User Info: khameleun

khameleun
4 weeks ago#37
Psylocke wins for me because of the British accent. Captain Marvel is a close second.

User Info: Evol

Evol
4 weeks ago#38
Not surprised, most gamefaqs posters are white men with an Asian fetish.

User Info: SuperSonicDBZ

SuperSonicDBZ
4 weeks ago#39
I think it's because Psylocke has a more "Interesting" outfit compared to most of the others. Besides Psylocke only Electra comes close and she hasn't been shown as much in-game compared to the former.

We'll have to see if this sticks when we unlock the alternate costumes.
If you want me to specifically reply to something you are saying, @ me. I don't always check a thread after I post. :)

User Info: Evol

Evol
4 weeks ago#40
SuperSonicDBZ posted...
I think it's because Psylocke has a more "Interesting" outfit compared to most of the others. Besides Psylocke only Electra comes close and she hasn't been shown as much in-game compared to the former.

We'll have to see if this sticks when we unlock the alternate costumes.

By “interesting” you mean “revealing”

But I’m shocked the Psylocke salivators aren’t outraged over her outfit like they usually are about everything. It’s clearly censored. Much more of her butt is shown in the source outfit.
  • Topic Archived