• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: ss21vegito

ss21vegito
4 weeks ago#41
The more I see it, the worse it looks. And it’s even worse that the overhead camera angles are so bad and far too.

It reminds me of SSB on the 3DS. What a horrible design choice. Looks sloppy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ujjQA4vGw

User Info: IronSpider0992

IronSpider0992
4 weeks ago#42
Hey everyone,

So glad to find this topic, I've read all the comments below the video of gameplay hoping to find an answer about these colorful outlines.

As you guys, I really hope we can turn these off, I am really excited about this game, even more ever since I saw the Square Enix Avengers Project because this disappointed me a lot. So I hope there is an option or anything to disable these outlines, because apart from that the game looks great to me.

We already know that it is possible to turn these outlines off in solo mode but I'm more worried about the multi-player mode.

I don't know if we can ask directly Team Ninja about this maybe on Twitter or something ?

PS : I'm French so excuse me for my average English

User Info: SpookyOh

SpookyOh
4 weeks ago#43
IronSpider0992. Your English is fine \o/.

I would try and tweet Team Ninja or MarvelGames. Maybe they will reply? I kinda hope you can turn off the outlines, but keep the colored circles around the feet.

IronSpider0992
4 weeks ago#44
SpookyOh posted...
IronSpider0992. Your English is fine \o/.

I would try and tweet Team Ninja or MarvelGames. Maybe they will reply? I kinda hope you can turn off the outlines, but keep the colored circles around the feet.

Thanks ;)

Yeah I think they could reply. Absolutely, the colored circles does not bother me neither.

User Info: ljobenza

ljobenza
4 weeks ago#45
We're now at era when comic outlines and cell-shaded graphics in general is treated as some kind of unknown or foreign concept.

The outlines are there to replicate a comic book art style. Games like Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Champions Online have it.

The outlines also have the dual task of making the characters easier to see on a smaller screen. It's why Smash 3ds also has it. For this game it's for the purpose of playing the game in handheld mode.

User Info: ss21vegito

ss21vegito
4 weeks ago#46
ljobenza posted...
We're now at era when comic outlines and cell-shaded graphics in general is treated as some kind of unknown or foreign concept.

The outlines are there to replicate a comic book art style. Games like Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Champions Online have it.

The outlines also have the dual task of making the characters easier to see on a smaller screen. It's why Smash 3ds also has it. For this game it's for the purpose of playing the game in handheld mode.

Comics typically don’t have outlines thicker than characters forearms. Nor are they rainbow colored.

But yeah it’s definitely for seeing it easier.

As for cel shading being a foreign concept you are dead wrong. Borderlands specializes in this and are extremely famous
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ujjQA4vGw

User Info: Saeglopur01

Saeglopur01
4 weeks ago#47
ljobenza posted...

The outlines are definitely not there for the style. They are there because its easy for you to loose track of your character in all that chaos. It's not part of the style as you can see that it is disabled in single player from the get go. I just really hope you can disable it in multiplayer as well.

User Info: jmmiller33

jmmiller33
4 weeks ago#48
ljobenza posted...

You are speaking about two different outlines. There are the black outlines that are the cel-shading. Then there are the brightly-colored auras around the character's whole body. That's what people are hoping to toggle on/off.

User Info: Saeglopur01

Saeglopur01
4 weeks ago#49
jmmiller33 posted...
ljobenza posted...

You are speaking about two different outlines. There are the black outlines that are the cel-shading. Then there are the brightly-colored auras around the character's whole body. That's what people are hoping to toggle on/off.

THIS. Thanks.

IronSpider0992
3 weeks ago#50
Maybe we have an answer based on the last trailer of the game :

https://youtu.be/pE_qNk3ALok

Look at 0.24 and 0.31 sec, it seems there are not these colorful outlines on the characters.

And that is multi-player mode, we can see the different colored circles around the characters.
  • Topic Archived