• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: SSJ3Broly

SSJ3Broly
4 weeks ago#91
DLC is such a normal thing these days. Hell lego games have season passes. If you think dlc is a scam then you probably shouldn't be gaming tbh. Is it a bad practice? Maybe but it's not a scam at all. Dont like it? Dont play video games.
PSN:SSJ3Broly
Nintendo Switch FC:SW-6115-8322-2242

User Info: Theonerayman

Theonerayman
4 weeks ago#92
omgseal posted...
Theonerayman posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
Theonerayman posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
SpookyOh posted...
check the website. It had 69. 70 and on were added DLC. The DLC for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is more then fair priced. 3 character packs, 3 or more bosses and 3 chapters of story added for 20$ is a pretty epic deal.

Well, technically it had over 70 if you include the alter character indications like the Koopalings to Bowser Jr, or the different sexes of certain Fire Emblem characters, etc. Ultimately (how ironic), the game had 50% more content than it's predecessors and still costed 60 up front. It didn't need DLC. And this game doesn't either.

And to my friend @RadiantViper

No, they are not on contractual agreements or any kind of deadline, my man. They all have a plan. And seeing as X-Men (and the Fantastic Four) got f***ed over similarly how they did in Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite makes no-one believe they simply wouldn't be finished in time whereas if they actually had a roster most people actually gave a s*** about before adding DLC characters. Case and point.

They purposely held out on the most popular characters being released DLC for one reason and one reason only. To milk this game for every penny they can. Because they know some suckers will pay for it.

First, we don't even know who the dlc is, just vauge teams. 2, the most popular marvel characters are in the base game. Wolverine, iron Man, spiderman, captain America. Hulk, they are all there.

But where is Cyclops, Beast, Magneto, Professor X, Doctor Doom?

Most of those are popular to xmen fans. Magneto is pretty well liked. And you won't find someone who is a bigger Doom fan than I am. I have over 100 of his covers hanging on my walls and over 500 total in my collection. His covers are all I collect. He's not one of the most popular characters well know yes, but he's not loved by many.

wat

In all my years of collecting Doom comics I've never met a single other Doom collector.
For Aiur!

User Info: STEROLIZER

STEROLIZER
4 weeks ago#93
Just like w/ MK11 DLC, I can't believe they expect you to purchase something without telling you what you are buying. Shady business practices should be illegal.

They tell you to buy the pack now, and you'll get exclusive things. Basically its gambling. You are gambling your money, hoping that you'll enjoy whats in the pack.

Companies know that if they announce whats actually in the pack, there will be a lot of people who wont be interested, and thus wont purchase. If they just keep it a secret, and entice you to buy by promising exclusive content...well...more people buy. Its a terrible practice that should be illegal.
---./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_........................Love is like a bottle of gin
---( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,..............But a bottle of gin is not like love.

User Info: H_H_J_J

H_H_J_J
4 weeks ago#94
STEROLIZER posted...
Just like w/ MK11 DLC, I can't believe they expect you to purchase something without telling you what you are buying. Shady business practices should be illegal.

They tell you to buy the pack now, and you'll get exclusive things. Basically its gambling. You are gambling your money, hoping that you'll enjoy whats in the pack.

Uh, no.

There's no pre-order bonus here. There's one DLC that contains three seperate content drops and a costume for Deadpool, presumably available at launch, which is basically just a recolor of an existing suit.

If you want you can wait until every last piece of DLC has hit the market (sometime in 2020), buy it then and get everything that everyone else does, and know exactly what you're buying.

User Info: MercwithMouth82

MercwithMouth82
4 weeks ago#95
A thing that is generally more worrying and I think started with Nintendo's BotW season pass (at least in AAA games) was the fact that you could only buy the whole pass or nothing.

I know that I will get enjoyment out of this season pass no matter what but the move is still shady.
GT&PSN:MercwithMouth82/Friendcode:5344-0132-5074 YT: https://www.youtube.com/c/mrsoandso
--- My common sense is tingling

User Info: H_H_J_J

H_H_J_J
4 weeks ago#96
MercwithMouth82 posted...
A thing that is generally more worrying and I think started with Nintendo's BotW season pass (at least in AAA games) was the fact that you could only buy the whole pass or nothing.

I know that I will get enjoyment out of this season pass no matter what but the move is still shady.

Remember there's story content here. So you're possibly looking at one DLC, with an episodic release. Could be chapters 1, 2 and 3. In which case selling those chapters piecemeal might not be the best idea. I mean, if you buy chapter 3, and not 1 & 2... that's gonna cause issues.

User Info: MercwithMouth82

MercwithMouth82
4 weeks ago#97
H_H_J_J posted...
MercwithMouth82 posted...

Remember there's story content here. So you're possibly looking at one DLC, with an episodic release. Could be chapters 1, 2 and 3. In which case selling those chapters piecemeal might not be the best idea. I mean, if you buy chapter 3, and not 1 & 2... that's gonna cause issues.

I am very certain that the story chapters will be independent of each other.

And even if not, a season pass was always something to purchase everything combined cheaper compared to the separate packs individually.

A season pass was - up till rather recently - an option for dlc, not the only way.
GT&PSN:MercwithMouth82/Friendcode:5344-0132-5074 YT: https://www.youtube.com/c/mrsoandso
--- My common sense is tingling

User Info: swongq

swongq
4 weeks ago#98
STEROLIZER posted...

Companies know that if they announce whats actually in the pack, there will be a lot of people who wont be interested, and thus wont purchase. If they just keep it a secret, and entice you to buy by promising exclusive content...well...more people buy. Its a terrible practice that should be illegal.

As far as i know, the expansion pass is not a limited time offer. The pass will still be available when the DLCs come out. So no one is forcing you to by the expansion pass now. You can buy the game now and the expansion pass later

User Info: Theonerayman

Theonerayman
4 weeks ago#99
swongq posted...
STEROLIZER posted...

As far as i know, the expansion pass is not a limited time offer. The pass will still be available when the DLCs come out. So no one is forcing you to by the expansion pass now. You can buy the game now and the expansion pass later

Exactly. You don't HAVE to preorder the expansion pack or miss it. You can wait and see what's in it and if you like it buy it if not then don't.
For Aiur!

User Info: The_Sage

The_Sage
4 weeks ago#100
Theonerayman posted...
swongq posted...
STEROLIZER posted...

Exactly. You don't HAVE to preorder the expansion pack or miss it. You can wait and see what's in it and if you like it buy it if not then don't.

It doesn't matter. It's not that simple just to buy it or not buy it. If there has to be DLC, they should at least offer characters separately. Hell, at least MVC Infinite, Dissidia did that. What if people only dig maybe ten or less of the 20+ available? It's unacceptable.

But hell, I hate the whole concept of DLC anyway. For those of you who do like the idea I think they could have been a lot more flexible if they truly cared about the fan base. Which... they don't. I'm still pissed Cyclops is STILL DLC, Magneto isn't playable or Doctor Doom. It's seriously frustrating.
Yes, I know I hate digital content more than you.
  • Topic Archived