• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: The_Sage

The_Sage
4 weeks ago#61
Theonerayman posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
Theonerayman posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
Theonerayman posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
SpookyOh posted...
check the website. It had 69. 70 and on were added DLC. The DLC for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is more then fair priced. 3 character packs, 3 or more bosses and 3 chapters of story added for 20$ is a pretty epic deal.

Well, technically it had over 70 if you include the alter character indications like the Koopalings to Bowser Jr, or the different sexes of certain Fire Emblem characters, etc. Ultimately (how ironic), the game had 50% more content than it's predecessors and still costed 60 up front. It didn't need DLC. And this game doesn't either.

And to my friend @RadiantViper

No, they are not on contractual agreements or any kind of deadline, my man. They all have a plan. And seeing as X-Men (and the Fantastic Four) got f***ed over similarly how they did in Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite makes no-one believe they simply wouldn't be finished in time whereas if they actually had a roster most people actually gave a s*** about before adding DLC characters. Case and point.

They purposely held out on the most popular characters being released DLC for one reason and one reason only. To milk this game for every penny they can. Because they know some suckers will pay for it.

First, we don't even know who the dlc is, just vauge teams. 2, the most popular marvel characters are in the base game. Wolverine, iron Man, spiderman, captain America. Hulk, they are all there.

But where is Cyclops, Beast, Magneto, Professor X, Doctor Doom?

Most of those are popular to xmen fans. Magneto is pretty well liked. And you won't find someone who is a bigger Doom fan than I am. I have over 100 of his covers hanging on my walls and over 500 total in my collection. His covers are all I collect. He's not one of the most popular characters well know yes, but he's not loved by many.

Dude, open up your eyes. He's one of if not the most well known Marvel villain seconded only by Magneto. And you mean to tell me some average Joe Marvel knowledge wpuld recognize or know Spider Gwen before the likes of Doom or Cyclops? I don't think so. There's no excuse for characters like Doom not being playable at launch. None.

Knowing who Doom is, and liking him are very different things. I know who Scott Summers is and loathes his existence. I know Reed sodding Richard's very very well and if he left marvel comics and never came back I'd literally throw a damned party. Name recognition and likeability are so so different.

Did you not read what I just said? I said he's one of if not the most well known villain in Marvel. That alone makes him what should be a bread and butter character to this game.
Yes, I know I hate digital content more than you.

User Info: RadiantViper

RadiantViper
4 weeks ago#62
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
RadiantViper posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
RadiantViper posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
No, they are not on contractual agreements or any kind of deadline, my man.

Imagine saying this and thinking you know what you're talking about. Lmao.

I've got a better idea. Imagine being apart of the reason why microtransactions exist.

Understanding that contract and deadlines are a thing is the reason why microtransactions exist? Hmm.

Fixed. You're welcome.

Thanks for fixing my comment pointing out how nonsensical your logic is, I appreciate it.

The_Sage
4 weeks ago#63
RadiantViper posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
RadiantViper posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
RadiantViper posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...

I've got a better idea. Imagine being apart of the reason why microtransactions exist.

Understanding that contract and deadlines are a thing is the reason why microtransactions exist? Hmm.

Fixed. You're welcome.

Thanks for fixing my comment pointing out how nonsensical your logic is, I appreciate it.

Lol, saving money always makes sense, my friend. Always. Hard earned money should support things worth your time. Not scams.

User Info: SpookyOh

SpookyOh
4 weeks ago#64
scam
/skam/
Learn to pronounce
noun informal
noun: scam; plural noun: scams

a dishonest scheme; a fraud.

So now you are saying Nintendo takes money and never gives the content? O___O that is a pretty bold statement..

User Info: Theonerayman

Theonerayman
4 weeks ago#65
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
RadiantViper posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
RadiantViper posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
RadiantViper posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...

Fixed. You're welcome.

Lol, saving money always makes sense, my friend. Always. Hard earned money should support things worth your time. Not scams.

This game isn't a scam!! It's 34+ characters that had to be built from the ground up since they couldn't reuse any of thr old assets from a decade ago. A customization system that's much larger than any previous titles in the series. And has legit endgame content in the infinity trials. This isn't capcom putting out a game with 1 mode and 12 characters. This is a lot of content for a base game.
For Aiur!

The_Sage
4 weeks ago#66
SpookyOh posted...
scam
/skam/
Learn to pronounce
noun informal

So now you are saying Nintendo takes money and never gives the content? O___O that is a pretty bold statement..

Not nearly as bold as you're projecting. Anyone can put words into people's mouths, dude. It's not exactly an excellent quip for a debate.

User Info: guerrillakidney

guerrillakidney
4 weeks ago#67
Typically dlc is planned and budgeted completely apart from the main game. Most soft ware of any type has their updates apart from main developmemts budget except for bug fixes and what not

The_Sage
4 weeks ago#68
@Theonerayman

With 80% of the base roster filled with characters no-one cares about.. who knew?

User Info: SpookyOh

SpookyOh
4 weeks ago#69
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
SpookyOh posted...
scam
/skam/
Learn to pronounce
noun informal

Not nearly as bold as you're projecting. Anyone can put words into people's mouths, dude. It's not exactly an excellent quip for a debate.

You are mega silly. you literally typed just a few posts above that it was a scam. Have fun, at this rate you are just trollin and I don't carry troll snacks.

User Info: RadiantViper

RadiantViper
4 weeks ago#70
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
RadiantViper posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
RadiantViper posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
RadiantViper posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...

Fixed. You're welcome.

You still seem to think I have a problem with you "saving money" when I'm very obviously criticizing your inability to understand how businesses are run.

Feel free to not buy the game. Maybe take it one step further and stop posting on the board for the game too? Thanks.
  • Topic Archived