• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: RadiantViper

RadiantViper
4 weeks ago#31
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
@RadiantViper

Dude, games are delayed all the time. And When did saving money become an "extreme" again?

I never said games don't get delayed. But they certainly don't get delayed because some random guy on Gamefaqs doesn't want to buy DLC.

Your ignorance is in how you think game developers work (or should work). Please read my posts correctly.

User Info: The_Sage

The_Sage
4 weeks ago#32
@Theonerayman

Look, dude. I thought and I were done. I didn't realize you quoted me literally seconds after Radiant.. anyway. Your theory is invalid. My counter argument? I give you Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The base game had over 70 characters up front which is more than 50 percent more than Brawl, or Wii U/3DS had at launch.

Don't act like it can't be done because it can.
Yes, I know I hate digital content more than you.

User Info: FireBall2645

FireBall2645
4 weeks ago#33
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
@RadiantViper

Dude, games are delayed all the time. And when did saving money become an "extreme" again?

Yea they get delayed but that is to meet what is in the initial project plan. Given that the packs have other modes and story most likely mean that they take place either in a vacuum or after the main game which means that they weren’t part of the initial plan. Delaying the game wouldn’t do anything because the DLC probably wasn’t decided until a few months ago.

Look at Smash Bros, Nintendo decided on the DLC in November 2018 a full month before the games release but didn’t show any game play of the first DLC character until April 2019. Just cuz it is decided that doesn’t mean that it is being worked on.
The Hills are alive with the silence of a Ninja
Wonderful 102 will happen "The impossible is possible when you're Wonderful Baby!"

User Info: Theonerayman

Theonerayman
4 weeks ago#34
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
@Theonerayman

Look, dude. I thought and I were done. I didn't realize you quoted me literally seconds after Radiant.. anyway. Your theory is invalid. My counter argument? I give you Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The base game had over 70 characters up front which is more than 50 percent more than Brawl, or Wii U/3DS had at launch.

Uhhh I think you missed the point? Also Ultimate has DLC so I'm not sure what you are getting at. My point is, your entire argument is you want to get the most content for your money. Well this game has way way more content than any of the previous similar titles, without it's DLC. And just like Smash, they are expanding it with new content, just like Smash.
For Aiur!

The_Sage
4 weeks ago#35
RadiantViper posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
@RadiantViper

Dude, games are delayed all the time. And When did saving money become an "extreme" again?

I never said games don't get delayed. But they certainly don't get delayed because some random guy on Gamefaqs doesn't want to buy DLC.

Your ignorance is in how you think game developers work (or should work). Please read my posts correctly.

No, the problem resides with people who are obsessed with having more all the time no matter what. That's the real problem. More, and more, and more. You see, I want more myself. I just have a different way of projecting it. And I'm not in the minority either.

It's a developer's job to give us what we want or we don't have to but anything at all. And don't even say I'm "entitled" because if you think that, you don't know the lifeblood of business.

User Info: RadiantViper

RadiantViper
4 weeks ago#36
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
@Theonerayman

My counter argument, Pokemon has hundreds of characters. Every game with less than that is garbage.

The_Sage
4 weeks ago#37
Theonerayman posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
@Theonerayman

Uhhh I think you missed the point? Also Ultimate has DLC so I'm not sure what you are getting at. My point is, your entire argument is you want to get the most content for your money. Well this game has way way more content than any of the previous similar titles, without it's DLC. And just like Smash, they are expanding it with new content, just like Smash.

Ultimate has DLC but not without adding 103 stages, over 70 characters and literally 24 hours of music. It also didn't need DLC. But that's what happens when people get greedy and the consumer wants more.

User Info: SpookyOh

SpookyOh
4 weeks ago#38
Please dont use Super Smash bros. The base game did not have over 70. Plant was pre order bonus, Joker and others are from the fighters pass. Which is DLC...

Source? I own the game and fighters pass @_@

The_Sage
4 weeks ago#39
RadiantViper posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
@Theonerayman

My counter argument, Pokemon has hundreds of characters. Every game with less than that is garbage.

No. That is not what I'm saying at all. Where the f*** did I ever say the game was "garbage" for having DLC? Oh, right. Nowhere.

The_Sage
4 weeks ago#40
SpookyOh posted...
Please dont use Super Smash bros. The base game did not have over 70. Plant was pre order bonus, Joker and others are from the fighters pass. Which is DLC...

Source? I own the game and fighters pass @_@

Umm... yes it did.
  • Topic Archived