• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: The_Sage

The_Sage
4 weeks ago#21
Theonerayman posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
jmmiller33 posted...
firestorm9305 posted...
I knew they would do this crap why can’t they include the full game for $60.

I share your dissatisfaction with the whole concept of DLC.

But the truth is that without it, the “full game” would be less characters. Having more time to work with, and more money, enables the developers to make more characters. I will gladly pay more if I’m getting something objectively bigger.

However, I hope that eventually they release a ‘complete edition’ disc with everything on it. Main thing that bothers me about DLC is not the price, but the fact that many characters are not on disc, meaning that they could be lost in 10 years when the company stops supporting the game.

The full game would have less characters all for the simple fact that the developers would make that (bad) decision. If they announce DLC before the game is released, then their DLC characters are predetermined before the game is even released. And it's a lazy, cheap business practice. There is no reason in the world those characters couldn't be released at the game's debut on the catridge.

Unfortunately, I may not even buy the game at all because of it.

The reason they aren't on the cartridge day 1 is they aren't finished yet. The game comes out in July, they are saying the 1st pack will come out in the fall. That is at least october. And we have no idea how long before the others. I would rather the game come out, with the almost 40 characters that are done and then over time get new characters they are still working on, new modes they are still working on and even new story that (guess what) they are still working on!

Nah, we've waited years for a new title. What's a few more months? I'd welcome it.
Yes, I know I hate digital content more than you.

User Info: Theonerayman

Theonerayman
4 weeks ago#22
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
Theonerayman posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
jmmiller33 posted...
firestorm9305 posted...

But the truth is that without it, the “full game” would be less characters. Having more time to work with, and more money, enables the developers to make more characters. I will gladly pay more if I’m getting something objectively bigger.

However, I hope that eventually they release a ‘complete edition’ disc with everything on it. Main thing that bothers me about DLC is not the price, but the fact that many characters are not on disc, meaning that they could be lost in 10 years when the company stops supporting the game.

The full game would have less characters all for the simple fact that the developers would make that (bad) decision. If they announce DLC before the game is released, then their DLC characters are predetermined before the game is even released. And it's a lazy, cheap business practice. There is no reason in the world those characters couldn't be released at the game's debut on the catridge.

The reason they aren't on the cartridge day 1 is they aren't finished yet. The game comes out in July, they are saying the 1st pack will come out in the fall. That is at least october. And we have no idea how long before the others. I would rather the game come out, with the almost 40 characters that are done and then over time get new characters they are still working on, new modes they are still working on and even new story that (guess what) they are still working on!

Nah, we've waited years for a new title. What's a few more months? I'd welcome it.

Well then I would wait and see if they come out with a gold edition or something. Enjoy.
For Aiur!

The_Sage
4 weeks ago#23
Theonerayman posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
Theonerayman posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
jmmiller33 posted...
firestorm9305 posted...

Well then I would wait and see if they come out with a gold edition or something. Enjoy.

Thanks, partner. You too. Have a really funny feeling it might get ported to PS5 or even the 4 at some point.

User Info: RadiantViper

RadiantViper
4 weeks ago#24
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
Theonerayman posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
jmmiller33 posted...
firestorm9305 posted...

Good for you - that's not how these things work. Release dates are contractual obligations, Marvel could have a say in when it releases alongside Nintendo, they can't just delay it when they feel like it.

You also don't seem to understand how DLC works. Any business worth its salt plans on how to expand their product down the line in some way, video game developers are no different. They make additional content, which requires additional monetary investment from the developers/publishers, so they're a separate purchase.

Theonerayman
4 weeks ago#25
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
Theonerayman posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
Theonerayman posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
jmmiller33 posted...
firestorm9305 posted...

Thanks, partner. You too. Have a really funny feeling it might get ported to PS5 or even the 4 at some point.

With nintendo funding and publishing the title no way. Just like Bayonetta 2 didn't get ported.
For Aiur!

The_Sage
4 weeks ago#26
RadiantViper posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
Theonerayman posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
jmmiller33 posted...
firestorm9305 posted...

Good for you - that's not how these things work. Release dates are contractual obligations, Marvel could have a say in when it releases alongside Nintendo, they can't just delay it when they feel like it.

You also don't seem to understand how DLC works. Any business worth its salt plans on how to expand their product down the line in some way, video game developers are no different. They make additional content, which requires additional monetary investment from the developers/publishers, so they're a separate purchase.

I know exactly how DLC works. You have no proof regarding a contractual deadline either. Not saying it's never happened but there's no way for us to know if this is happening or not.

Next, deadlines, contracts aren't my problem. What IS my problem is the amount of money I feel a game is worth. And I'll stick to my morals.

Theonerayman
4 weeks ago#27
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
RadiantViper posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
Theonerayman posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
jmmiller33 posted...
firestorm9305 posted...

I know exactly how DLC works. You have no proof regarding a contractual deadline either. Not saying it's never happened but there's no way for us to know if this is happening or not.

Next, deadlines, contracts aren't my problem. What IS my problem is the amount of money I feel a game is worth. And I'll stick to my morals.

Wait, so just to be clear. You don't think that a game with a playable roster 1.5x the size of any other MUA/XML game, with deeper customization, and MUCH deeper post game content in the infinity trials isn't worth the same price as those other titles?
For Aiur!

User Info: RadiantViper

RadiantViper
4 weeks ago#28
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
RadiantViper posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
Theonerayman posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
jmmiller33 posted...
firestorm9305 posted...

Every game has contracts and deadlines, dude. That's how life works.

You can do whatever you want with your money, I'm fine with that. Just know your reasoning is based in extreme ignorance.

The_Sage
4 weeks ago#29
@RadiantViper

Dude, games are delayed all the time. And when did saving money become an "extreme" again?

Theonerayman
4 weeks ago#30
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
@RadiantViper

Dude, games are delayed all the time. And When did saving money become an "extreme" again?

Are you just going to skip answering my question about the cost of this title and it's content compared to its predecessors? I know that it would put you in a morally compromising position considering your firm stance on content to value ratio but it should still be answered.
For Aiur!
  • Topic Archived