• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: firestorm9305

firestorm9305
1 month ago#11
ChimiChanga posted...
kevin804635 posted...
If the DLC packs are characters/costumes only, I'm not going to be willing to pay any more 5 bucks for them assuming at least 4 per pack. But if they also include story missions, I'd be willing to drop as much as 15 as long as they're reasonably lengthy.

The expansion pack is confirmed to have story content.

Where did you read that?
E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles!

User Info: H_H_J_J

H_H_J_J
1 month ago#12
firestorm9305 posted...
ChimiChanga posted...
kevin804635 posted...
If the DLC packs are characters/costumes only, I'm not going to be willing to pay any more 5 bucks for them assuming at least 4 per pack. But if they also include story missions, I'd be willing to drop as much as 15 as long as they're reasonably lengthy.

Where did you read that?

Store description says that it will modes and other content. That the first pack will release in the fall, then one more on 2019, and one in 2020.

Kinda figured that they were holding off on digital pre-orders so they could do a special edition or bundle with DLC.

User Info: Merc123

Merc123
1 month ago#13
firestorm9305 posted...
I knew they would do this crap why can’t they include the full game for $60.

Game comes out in the Summer, DLC in the fall. They will probably still be working on the DLC after the game comes out.

MUA 1 and 2 had DLC characters too, guess they were not full games either then right?
Pawn: Bailey Jay: Fighter with Scather/Challenger(lvl 200) : Arisen: Kylo Ren
Pawn ID:0720-BACA-FFEB & Switch Friend Code: SW-1954-8440-8702 (nickname: SSM)

User Info: Theonerayman

Theonerayman
1 month ago#14
firestorm9305 posted...
ChimiChanga posted...
kevin804635 posted...

Where did you read that?

On the Nintendo store, the official explanation of the pass mentions each pack has characters, modes and additional story content.
For Aiur!

User Info: kevin804635

kevin804635
1 month ago#15
Theonerayman posted...
firestorm9305 posted...
ChimiChanga posted...
kevin804635 posted...

Where did you read that?

On the Nintendo store, the official explanation of the pass mentions each pack has characters, modes and additional story content.

Thanks! I feel dumb for not looking this up beforehand.

Given this information, I'll be comfortable with the $20 price tag if the game ends up being as enjoyable as I'm hoping that it is. So I'll be waiting until after release to buy it.

User Info: jmmiller33

jmmiller33
1 month ago#16
firestorm9305 posted...

I share your dissatisfaction with the whole concept of DLC.

But the truth is that without it, the “full game” would be less characters. Having more time to work with, and more money, enables the developers to make more characters. I will gladly pay more if I’m getting something objectively bigger.

However, I hope that eventually they release a ‘complete edition’ disc with everything on it. Main thing that bothers me about DLC is not the price, but the fact that many characters are not on disc, meaning that they could be lost in 10 years when the company stops supporting the game.

User Info: bionicflmer

bionicflmer
1 month ago#17
Expand your adventure and roster of playable characters in the MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order game with the paid Expansion Pass, which grants access to three exclusive DLC packs that will become available as they release one at a time after the game’s launch and will not be available for individual purchase.

This paid Expansion Pass includes 3 DLC packs, which will become available as they release one at a time after the launch of MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order and will not be sold individually
DLC 1 – Fall 2019
DLC 2 – 2019
DLC 3 – 2020

DLC packs will contain new content such as playable characters, modes, and additional story
Includes content from popular franchises, like the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, and the Marvel Knights
First DLC pack will be available in Fall 2019
Purchase the Expansion Pass to receive an in-game alternative-color chef outfit for Deadpool at game launch.
Full version of game required to use DLC. Additional accessories may be required for multiplayer mode. Game, system, DLC and some accessories sold separately.

User Info: swongq

swongq
1 month ago#18
$20 American; $25 Canadian. Not sure of the prices for other countries

User Info: The_Sage

The_Sage
4 weeks ago#19
jmmiller33 posted...
firestorm9305 posted...

But the truth is that without it, the “full game” would be less characters. Having more time to work with, and more money, enables the developers to make more characters. I will gladly pay more if I’m getting something objectively bigger.

However, I hope that eventually they release a ‘complete edition’ disc with everything on it. Main thing that bothers me about DLC is not the price, but the fact that many characters are not on disc, meaning that they could be lost in 10 years when the company stops supporting the game.

The full game would have less characters all for the simple fact that the developers would make that (bad) decision. If they announce DLC before the game is released, then their DLC characters are predetermined before the game is even released. And it's a lazy, cheap business practice. There is no reason in the world those characters couldn't be released at the game's debut on the catridge.

Unfortunately, I may not even buy the game at all because of it.
Yes, I know I hate digital content more than you.

User Info: Theonerayman

Theonerayman
4 weeks ago#20
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
jmmiller33 posted...
firestorm9305 posted...

The full game would have less characters all for the simple fact that the developers would make that (bad) decision. If they announce DLC before the game is released, then their DLC characters are predetermined before the game is even released. And it's a lazy, cheap business practice. There is no reason in the world those characters couldn't be released at the game's debut on the catridge.

Unfortunately, I may not even buy the game at all because of it.

The reason they aren't on the cartridge day 1 is they aren't finished yet. The game comes out in July, they are saying the 1st pack will come out in the fall. That is at least october. And we have no idea how long before the others. I would rather the game come out, with the almost 40 characters that are done and then over time get new characters they are still working on, new modes they are still working on and even new story that (guess what) they are still working on!
For Aiur!
  • Topic Archived