• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The King of Fighters XV
  3. Is this good or bad that Team Mexico seems to make a come back?

User Info: DKunderdog

DKunderdog
1 week ago#1
With King of Dinosaur coming back after Ramon it seems that Team Mexico is coming back if Angel comes next. Is this good or bad especially if some people think Angel should be on a different team? Honestly Team Mexico was a 50/50 in my opinion though several people don’t seem to think they would return as a team especially with some teams being different.

User Info: SSF2Fan

SSF2Fan
1 week ago#2
Good for me. Always loved Ramon, Angel, and Dinosaur returning to the game. Just give me Team Brazil while we're at it.

User Info: OrgXionXiii

OrgXionXiii
1 week ago#3
I don't see how it could be bad, personally. At worst it's the same team as last time which is fine, at best Angel gets an entirely new team which is exciting in and of itself.

User Info: QJD1381

QJD1381
1 week ago#4
I don't see who else she could possibly be with, barring making up completely new characters. Kula hates her guts because of what happened to Foxy, Slyvie is scared of her for bullying her, and of course, as we all know, Angel had no other friends in 2001, yes that's right, there wasn't anyone else there. So she's pigeonholed with Team Mexico.
The official Dr. Mario of the Super Smash Brothers Ultimate Board.
If you will not fight, you will meet your destiny.

User Info: DKunderdog

DKunderdog
1 week ago#5
@QJD1381
You sums several things that @Stefan1277 really needs to understand why an Ex Nests team with Kula, Angel and Sylvie at least couldn’t work.

User Info: lolesports1979

lolesports1979
1 week ago#6
for me it's kinda underwhelming that the teams have not been shaken up as much as THEY gave the impression they were going to, basically this game feels like kof14.5, the lack of new chracters or returning neo geo chracters feels really deflating

I'm holding off pissing over the game too much at the moment without all the facts and info, but i'll tell you this i'm fully unzipped and it's dangling, it's gonna take some huge reveals from leeking all over this, it can happen it might happen i hope it does, but boy am i skeptical
blood is thick but syrup is thicker, think about it

User Info: LordRattergun

LordRattergun
1 week ago#7
The team is pretty contrived in-universe, but it's fun enough to let slide.
"Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times." - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg

User Info: Avalon64

Avalon64
1 week ago#8
truth be told I thought Team Mexico would have been a one shot team so their return hm don't really know how to feel

on one had, really think Angel should seek out new partners, on the other...if the next 2 weeks reveals Angel I'll be super hyped and the game as far as Im concerned is perfect roster wise they can put in whoever they want from that point on and I will already be satisfied

and Im sorry to anyone who says Angel and Kula hate each other and thus their team up is "impossible" is taking the lazy writer's excuse out of not having to try, I said it once and say it again and you can throw whatever excuses because yes that's what it is, excuses, you are only limiting yourself by saying its impossible, stranger team ups have happened and yes maybe it results in a one shot team up but that doesn't mean it can't happen

King teaming up with Xanadu and Heidern...THAT'S impossible

Angel and Kula teaming up again, that's unlikely, but I wouldn't say its impossible, even if and it looks it won't of course happen in this game I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility hell maybe in KOF16
Can you taste The Angel's extraordinary skill?- Angel
Humanity alone possesses a God The power to transcend the now the inner God called possibility - Banagher
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: QJD1381

QJD1381
1 week ago#9
Avalon64 posted...
and Im sorry to anyone who says Angel and Kula hate each other and thus their team up is "impossible" is taking the lazy writer's excuse out of not having to try, I said it once and say it again and you can throw whatever excuses because yes that's what it is, excuses, you are only limiting yourself by saying its impossible, stranger team ups have happened and yes maybe it results in a one shot team up but that doesn't mean it can't happen

King teaming up with Xanadu and Heidern...THAT'S impossible

Angel and Kula teaming up again, that's unlikely, but I wouldn't say its impossible, even if and it looks it won't of course happen in this game I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility hell maybe in KOF16
Well sure, yeah, obviously you could just conjure any stupid excuse out of your butt to justify having any two characters who hate each other team up, but having it actually make sense with their previous characterization and personalities while staying consistent to their story is a whole different thing. This ain't like Kasumi teaming with Yuri one time and then being goofy joke characters with Eiji against her another, this is Kula suddenly working with a former villain who is complicit in one of her two "moms" almost dying, and still finds the whole thing amusing enough to mock her about.

Even Iori and Kyo have shown prior moments of brief camaraderie in previous games before suddenly teaming up for a common goal in XI and XV. And while Xanadu is out there, I'd actually argue King teaming with Heidern isn't so impossible. Blue Mary after all is friends with King and has teamed with her before, and Mary also works for Heidern on occasion. It's a thin connection, but it's there. A bartender would make for a very good agent, I'd say.
The official Dr. Mario of the Super Smash Brothers Ultimate Board.
If you will not fight, you will meet your destiny.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Avalon64

Avalon64
1 week ago#10
QJD1381 posted...
Well sure, yeah, obviously you could just conjure any stupid excuse out of your butt to justify having any two characters who hate each other team up, but having it actually make sense with their previous characterization and personalities while staying consistent to their story is a whole different thing. This ain't like Kasumi teaming with Yuri one time and then being goofy joke characters with Eiji against her another, this is Kula suddenly working with a former villain who is complicit in one of her two "moms" almost dying, and still finds the whole thing amusing enough to mock her about.

Even Iori and Kyo have shown prior moments of brief camaraderie in previous games before suddenly teaming up for a common goal in XI and XV. And while Xanadu is out there, I'd actually argue King teaming with Heidern isn't so impossible. Blue Mary after all is friends with King and has teamed with her before, and Mary also works for Heidern on occasion. It's a thin connection, but it's there. A bartender would make for a very good agent, I'd say.

then they don't need to be friends then...have them team up to take on a mutual enemy, have Diana tell Kula to team up with Angel or she's grounded, trust me you can think of a numerous number of ways to make it work, does it have to be more then a year? Sure it could be a one time deal, like the 97 Special team...because I am sure Blue Mary just loved teaming up with Yamazaki and Billy Kane, two associates (well Yamazaki kinda) of Geese...

in the end I am sure fans will be more excited to see it happen then the explanation behind it

you ARE talking about the series where Mature and Vice literally found ways to come back from the dead to team up with Iori...twice...a series where Jhun for all his strength got hit by a CAR going to an Athena concert to necessitate the need for May Lee again I'll say it, STRANGER things have happened in this series...

the only one who is limiting the idea is yourself if you say its impossible, a TRUE writer will never settle for whats impossible he'll work out a way to make it work,

if you don't want to see the team up happen then fine that's perfectly alright, but using the excuse well we established these two characters hate each other is stupidly dumb because you're the writers that established why they disliked each other in the first place, why does Kyo and Iori have the camraderie now when Iori on his debut was trying to kill Kyo? Because the writers added the layers to Iori's character to ensure that it could one day happen

so you can easily make a few tweaks and changes...because lets not forget the guy who calling the shots to why Angel helped out, K9999 is OUT of the series forever...you can be justified that whatever ideas they may have had back then will have to be changed if you want to give Angel her own characterization

so again no, it's UNLIKELY they could team up, but not impossible...you tell me its impossible and I will keep saying that its not, simple as that
Can you taste The Angel's extraordinary skill?- Angel
Humanity alone possesses a God The power to transcend the now the inner God called possibility - Banagher
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. The King of Fighters XV
  3. Is this good or bad that Team Mexico seems to make a come back?
  • Post New Message