• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Matrix
  3. Well, looks like it's official

User Info: Bedman

Bedman
3 weeks ago#1
https://www.apnews.com/a8d773e6e6cf4ef194ad2826172e5c1f

Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, and Lana Wachowski confirmed.

Interesting that they're bringing back the two members of the principal cast who died at the end, but eh. It is the Matrix, they could literally do anything they want with it.

Oh! And they don't mention it in that article, but something I'm personally excited to see is that David Mitchell will be involved in the writing process, apparently. He's my favorite author of all time, and it makes sense that he'd be involved since it was the Wachowskis who adapted his book Cloud Atlas into a film. It'll be interesting to see how he influences it, because he's big on the idea of separating the soul from the physical body.
Bedman: Mattress of the Universe

User Info: dragon_suplex_x

dragon_suplex_x
3 weeks ago#2
Bedman posted...
https://www.apnews.com/a8d773e6e6cf4ef194ad2826172e5c1f

Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, and Lana Wachowski confirmed.

Interesting that they're bringing back the two members of the principal cast who died at the end, but eh. It is the Matrix, they could literally do anything they want with it.

Oh! And they don't mention it in that article, but something I'm personally excited to see is that David Mitchell will be involved in the writing process, apparently. He's my favorite author of all time, and it makes sense that he'd be involved since it was the Wachowskis who adapted his book Cloud Atlas into a film. It'll be interesting to see how he influences it, because he's big on the idea of separating the soul from the physical body.

If I were to make a wager, I'd speculate that only Neo and Trinity's BODIES died in the last film and this one will reveal that soul was something neither the machines nor humans figured out yet.
But I'm not telling you anything you didn't already know.
PSN, XBL and Nintendo Network ID: Vertigoink

User Info: conduit

conduit
3 weeks ago#3
^just replace "soul" with "consciousness" and say their consciousness went back into the Matrix somehow.

but like I said somewhere else, theres no plot details, no confirmation of when it will be set. imo theres plenty of scope in between the first and second film for a new self-contained story.

If its going to be set after the third film then how will that tie in with the Matrix Online saga?
~we are a part of the process, not instigators of its progress~

User Info: kou urake

kou urake
3 weeks ago#4
I want nothing more than MXO, the virtual life I lived within, the story I experienced there - to remain canon. But so few people played it, I'd be pretty surprised if it wasn't chucked into the same hole as Star Wars Legends. But for what it's worth - there were story threads in there that would allow Neo and Trinity (as well as Smith and the Twins, among other seemingly dead characters) to return. Maybe they'll keep it in canon, but brush over it in the broadest possible strokes. I mean, I can't imagine Anome mattering and so on. But there's a lot of lore in there that's worth revisiting.

Even if it all gets wiped away, I'm thrilled to have The Matrix back in some capacity. If nothing else, it'll give me more material to use for my fanedits.
Wait a minute. He wasn't lying! This isn't even a polygraph. Its a seismograph. We've been having an EARTHQUAKE.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: OZ_Archangel

OZ_Archangel
3 weeks ago#5
my theory is neo and trinity will be trainers or guides in the matrix only and they wont appear or be shown in the actual real world. or maybe the matrix will use them as enemies this time who knows
Chicago Bulls | Barcelona | Atlanta Falcons | Ottawa Senators | San Jose Sharks | Cronulla Sharks | Viper | Raikkonnen | Roman Reigns | Randy Orton | Roy Jones

Bedman
3 weeks ago#6
Yeah, they could definitely go that route. I could see a situation where Neo / Trinity are like the Merovingian, where their consciousness got exiled somewhere. Backup copies and whatnot.

User Info: JamesOwnzMaz

JamesOwnzMaz
3 weeks ago#7
holy s***.

can they get Weaving to return too? Or is he done?
I Am The Architect

User Info: JamesOwnzMaz

JamesOwnzMaz
3 weeks ago#8
I mean this sounds more legit then others but we have had a few of these big rumors.

I hated the last one with Michael B Jordan starring...guess it was only a matter of time with the Keanu love of a few years
I Am The Architect

User Info: Hyohaku

Hyohaku
3 weeks ago#9
JamesOwnzMaz posted...
I mean this sounds more legit then others but we have had a few of these big rumors.

It's not a rumor. It's officially confirmed.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/matrix-4-keanu-reeves-carrie-anne-moss-lana-wachowski-1203307955/
https://i.imgur.com/e9DJjCo.jpg

Bedman
1 week ago#10
Yeah, the other rumors were just BS speculation from the media. This was a press release from Warner Bros. I wouldn't have posted about it otherwise.

And I'm guessing they'll get more actors to reprise their roles, but for now Keanu and Carrie-Ann Moss are the only ones they've confirmed.
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. The Matrix
  3. Well, looks like it's official
  • Post New Message