You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Matrix
  3. Humans who get body jacked by Agents

User Info: kou urake

kou urake
6 days ago#11
Path of Neo is best described as a remix of the original films. Clips from the movies are edited in a very odd, almost haphazard manner. Neo vomits immediately after Morpheus says, "your mind makes it real", for instance. Scenes are expanded and altered to make them more video game-ish. The firefight in the lobby, for instance, goes on much longer, with reinforcements entering through the revolving doors. Entirely new sequences are also added - expounding on Neo's training (with lots of homages to classic martial arts action films), a subplot about Neo awakening new redpills during the gap between the first and second movies. The player can even make Neo go out onto the scaffolding at Metacortex and escape his first encounter with Smith altogether, which is pretty cool. There's a bizarre sequence in the Merovingian's mansion where Neo navigates an MC Escher style maze and fights anthropomorphic fire ants. I'm not making that up. Most notably, the ending to final battle with Smith is completely different than in the Revolutions. It's 100% bat-s*** insane, too. Worth looking up on Youtube for a laugh.

It's a mildly fun experience, clunky as hell. I wouldn't put it up there as a shining example of a good licensed game, but since the franchise only ever got three, I'd recommend trying it if you can get it on the cheap side.
Wait a minute. He wasn't lying! This isn't even a polygraph. Its a seismograph. We've been having an EARTHQUAKE.

User Info: conduit

conduit
5 days ago#12
Yeah I always preferred Enter the Matrix. I Ghost and Niobe though, they were cool characters. In Path of Neo a lot of the movie scenes were spliced together to condense the story. I don't even remember the bit with the fire ants lol.

I just started watching the trilogy again this weekend, any recommendations on what order to watch it all in?

This is how I started...

Second Renaissance Part 1
Second Renaissance Part 2
Detective Story
The Matrix (first film)

then I was going to continue with..

Kid's Story
Final Flight of the Osiris
Matrix Reloaded
Matrix Revolutions
~we are a part of the process, not instigators of its progress~

User Info: kou urake

kou urake
5 days ago#13
I'd put Program somewhere between the first movie and Reloaded. Loyalty tests like that were almost certainly provoked by Cypher's betrayal. World Record and Beyond could fit in just about anywhere, I guess. Matriculated... who the hell knows. It's probably at some point between the first two movies? It feels so stylistically disconnected that it could well be taking place during one of the previous iterations of the Matrix and associated Zion rebellion, which would put it between Second Ren and everything else. That said, the green Sentinel eyes bit is referenced in Revolutions. Retroactively. It wasn't in the theatrical cut, but was changed for the home media release. So... I don't know. Matriculated is probably my least favorite piece of Matrix media (besides the fire ants and the Unlimit storyline in MXO), so I don't put too much thought into optimal placement.

You could also follow up Revolutions with the cinematics from MXO, but there's about six weeks or more of story that takes place between each one, so it'll be kinda incoherent.
Wait a minute. He wasn't lying! This isn't even a polygraph. Its a seismograph. We've been having an EARTHQUAKE.
  1. Boards
  2. The Matrix
  3. Humans who get body jacked by Agents