You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Matrix
  3. Humans who get body jacked by Agents

User Info: RyuToo

RyuToo
3 weeks ago#1
What happens to them?
Do they die?
Do they resume their life upon Agent leaving as if nothing happened?
--------
coyote123

User Info: kou urake

kou urake
3 weeks ago#2
If memory serves, they go back to their normal lives, with some false memories implanted to cover any missing time. I think the comics may have expounded on this, but I never read them. They might have touched on it in MXO at some point, but I'm coming up blank on any specifics.
Wait a minute. He wasn't lying! This isn't even a polygraph. Its a seismograph. We've been having an EARTHQUAKE.

RyuToo
3 weeks ago#3
Nice to see another sol in this ghost town.
Is there still a thriving Matrix community
Somewhere?
I could talk about that film forever
--------
coyote123

kou urake
3 weeks ago#4
I imagine there's probably a decent presence over on reddit? Can't say for sure. The franchise has been kind of dead for a decade now. The Matrix Online will have shut down ten years ago this July - that's the most recent piece of canon material that's been put out. There were a couple of amusing TV commercials featuring Smith and Morpheus within the last few years. Otherwise, there's just those persistent rumors of sequels and reboots that never amount to anything. I love the series to death (especially my time in the obscure MMO), and will gladly discuss stuff here if you'd like. But it's pretty much a dormant franchise for the time being. So the forum is about as dusty as you'd expect under those circumstances.
Wait a minute. He wasn't lying! This isn't even a polygraph. Its a seismograph. We've been having an EARTHQUAKE.

User Info: Inferno00

Inferno00
3 weeks ago#5
The old archive system didn't help either with topics getting archived mere weeks after being made. Now that the top five topics are open indefinitely and topics 6 - 20 take a year to archive, this will hopefully encourage more activity years from now.
"Burn in the fires of Inferno!"

RyuToo
3 weeks ago#6
I've been reading up on the scripts
For the MMO storyline
That was never released
Very interesting stuff
Will be sad when I finish as
For me
That will be the end of new Matrix content
--------
coyote123

kou urake
3 weeks ago#7
MXO was one hell of a ride, yes. My fondest gaming memories, really. It's a pity that the story stopped being updated before the game was shut down, but that summary is better than never knowing at all.

User Info: conduit

conduit
1 week ago#8
I haven't watched the films in years, but I used to post around here.

I played Enter the Matrix, and Path of Neo but I never played the online game so missed all of that post-trilogy story.
~we are a part of the process, not instigators of its progress~

RyuToo
1 week ago#9
Was PoN just a rehashing of the trilogy or did it extend past the trilogy?
--------
coyote123

User Info: conduit

conduit
1 week ago#10
just a rehashing I guess. Enter the Matrix was definitely the better game, as it contained a parallel story that ran alongside reloaded, with live action scenes that weren't in the films (plus some that were) and new dialogue, all written/directed by the Wachowski's.

Path of Neo didn't have anything new in it as far as I can remember.
~we are a part of the process, not instigators of its progress~
  1. Boards
  2. The Matrix
  3. Humans who get body jacked by Agents