You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. Question about SRW T's story

User Info: _Val_

_Val_
4 weeks ago#61
Char and Haman are also easily my favorite UC characters, but in the end I didn't side with either, mostly because I didn't want to side against either. Independant just fits the story better imo, and it's probably the best pick gameplay-wise since you don't lose points with them, so it's easier to recruit everyone.

It's also the occasion to see fun scenes, mostly the super awkward Char-Haman alliance when they team up against you.

Avalon64 posted...
I guess it's to be expected since alot of SRW T is wrapped around his story with Claw

Yeah, that kind of goes for Gun X Sword and Rayearth actually, as they're two of the main points of focus in this game. And in both cases their units start not so great but unlock new moves and upgrades as you advance their story.
At least Van and Hikaru get particularly strong by the end, while their side cast is more debatable.

edit:
Avalon64 posted...
lol I kinda figured that would be the case I mean WHY else would the game want you to earn points for those characters in particular actions?

Actually I'm pretty sure they join you in any case, but the points grant you more units and some bonus side characters.
The most notable difference is for Char imo, as the points allow you to get Nightingale on top of Sazabi. And Nightingale is a beast.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Avalon64

Avalon64
4 weeks ago#62
@_Val_

I see, I see, well I think I'll pick Haman's route just to keep things difficult for myself lol besides if I want to see all routes I have to start somewhere

and yes Nightingale is a beast you'd never imagine something so HUGE would have a name like that lol

yeah it was pretty interesting that they for those chose Beltorchika's Children as the basis for the Char's Counterattack section I think it was a nice and different touch

I am a HUGE HUGE fan of Zeta so I thought it was REALLY bizarre how her character just vanished after Zeta when things were getting serious with her and Amuro (even if his initial reasons of hooking up with her was to stay on Earth) I heard many stories from she was forgotten about when writing Char's Counterattack to voice actress couldn't return so they pretty much made up Chan to be her fill in for the role of Amuro's love interest

and Chan was cool in her own way...but she practically had doomed love interest written ALL over her...Iol...
Can you taste The Angel's extraordinary skill?- Angel
Humanity alone possesses a God The power to transcend the now the inner God called possibility - Banagher

User Info: VermilionX

VermilionX
4 weeks ago#63
Avalon64 posted...
Nightingale is a beast

too bad both sazabi and nighty are missing psycoframe here
CFN: Zerokage me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
https://imgur.com/5dkx5Ah RIP 2006-2019

Avalon64
4 weeks ago#64
VermilionX posted...
Avalon64 posted...
Nightingale is a beast

okay now that just sounds weird lol

oh well I think I can make that work...man SORRY Roux, it sounds like you're gonna get retired eventually afterall with all these future choices...lol

well maybe not I will still find a way to keep her on if I have ot cut someone else...
Humanity alone possesses a God The power to transcend the now the inner God called possibility - Banagher

User Info: _Val_

_Val_
4 weeks ago#65
Roux is permanently assigned to the Crossbone X1 FC for me, it's probably the best suit that doesn't require Newtype levels to activate its gimmick/attacks, so it fits her well. I don't field her every time because of limited slots, but she gets some action once in a while. She's actually not bad compared to the other ZZ side cast. She has good Spirits and a cool unique Ace bonus (auto-cast Cheer on main attacker when providing Support Attack), so definitely usable as long as you give her a good suit.

VermilionX posted...
Avalon64 posted...
Nightingale is a beast

True, that limits the Sazabi as a Funnel unit. It's way better than the Qubeley and Jagd Doga at least, but not as good as Nu Gundam. I'm just using it with Quess as pilot for fun.

But Nightingale is still really strong even without a Psychoframe buff. Good stats overall with strong attacks, and its Map Attack is particularly good. It's basically the same as Gunbuster's, you can actually aim it (not just pick a general direction), it doesn't cause friendly fire so you don't have to worry about allies in the zone, and the damage is respectable.
Plus Char comes with Hit&Run, so with some ExC for Multi Action you can use his Map Attack to get some serious rampage on grunts in a single turn.

Avalon64
4 weeks ago#66
_Val_ posted...
Roux is permanently assigned to the Crossbone X1 FC for me
, it's probably the best suit that doesn't require Newtype levels to activate its gimmick/attacks, so it fits her well. I don't field her every time because of limited slots, but she gets some action once in a while. She's actually not bad compared to the other ZZ side cast. She has good Spirits and a cool unique Ace bonus (auto-cast Cheer on main attacker when providing Support Attack), so definitely usable as long as you give her a good suit.

Yeah maybe I should end up doing that for Roux, heh I guess my problem is I like to follow a "script" the X1 FC was Tobia's newsuit so Roux was promoted into his unused F91, and admittedly she IS putting in work especially the VSBR guns make her a REALLY good sniper, and she'll ALWAYS counter first which is great on weak enemies lol, her role now is what I had her as before when she was in the MK-II (NEVER felt for her in the Re-Gz so I got her out of that IMMEDIATELY)

VermilionX posted...
Avalon64 posted...
Nightingale is a beast

True, that limits the Sazabi as a Funnel unit. It's way better than the Qubeley and Jagd Doga at least, but not as good as Nu Gundam. I'm just using it with Quess as pilot for fun.

But Nightingale is still really strong even without a Psychoframe buff. Good stats overall with strong attacks, and its Map Attack is particularly good. It's basically the same as Gunbuster's, you can actually aim it (not just pick a general direction), it doesn't cause friendly fire so you don't have to worry about allies in the zone, and the damage is respectable.
Plus Char comes with Hit&Run, so with some ExC for Multi Action you can use his Map Attack to get some serious rampage on grunts in a single turn.

heh Gunbuster man I love this thing, its Map Homing Laser got me the kill 5 units in one Map attack trophy and part unlock, lol those UND units LOVED to group together making it so easy

and MAN can Noriko scream lol, BUSTER COLLIDER! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

I would never imagine a series about gymastic girls piloting mecha would be so much fun lol

VermilionX
4 weeks ago#67
and unfortunately... haman didn't get an all out attack combo

qubeley is very plain compared to sazabi and nu gundam

hell even queen manta got a better funnel animation than qubeley
(edited 4 weeks ago)

Avalon64
4 weeks ago#68
um yes that's kinda what it's ALWAYS been like, Quebley being lesser then Nu and Sazabi I mean the gap of time between the ZZ and CCA (not to mention Nu and Sazabi were Amuro and Char's units) was significant enough that in terms of design, weapons and attacks it was always outpaced

heh being dead didn't do Haman any favours lol

but in all honesty, when was there EVER a time, where a Quebley was outright better then Nu and Sazabi? Because I can't think of one, the reason you use Quebley is cause you like the Quebley that's usually good enough

VermilionX
4 weeks ago#69
im talking animations tho

and like i said, queen manta got an awesome new funnel animation which is like an all out attack combo, so i thought qubely would get one too

but nope

she should have gotten ... funnel then shoot beams then sabre for the finale
(edited 4 weeks ago)

Avalon64
4 weeks ago#70
alright that's fair, I can understand that being a slight disappointment to you

but hey for me if the Quebley can still do the job that's all the reason I need to still use it
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. Question about SRW T's story