2 months ago #61
    Char and Haman are also easily my favorite UC characters, but in the end I didn't side with either, mostly because I didn't want to side against either. Independant just fits the story better imo, and it's probably the best pick gameplay-wise since you don't lose points with them, so it's easier to recruit everyone.

It's also the occasion to see fun scenes, mostly the super awkward Char-Haman alliance when they team up against you.

Avalon64 posted...
    I guess it's to be expected since alot of SRW T is wrapped around his story with Claw

Yeah, that kind of goes for Gun X Sword and Rayearth actually, as they're two of the main points of focus in this game. And in both cases their units start not so great but unlock new moves and upgrades as you advance their story.
    At least Van and Hikaru get particularly strong by the end, while their side cast is more debatable.

edit:
    Avalon64 posted...
    lol I kinda figured that would be the case I mean WHY else would the game want you to earn points for those characters in particular actions?

Actually I'm pretty sure they join you in any case, but the points grant you more units and some bonus side characters.
    The most notable difference is for Char imo, as the points allow you to get Nightingale on top of Sazabi. And Nightingale is a beast.

Previous Versions
    2 months ago
    Char and Haman are also easily my favorite UC characters, but in the end I didn't side with either, mostly because I didn't want to side against either. Independant just fits the story better imo, and it's probably the best pick gameplay-wise since you don't lose points with them, so it's easier to recruit everyone.

It's also the occasion to see fun scenes, mostly the super awkward Char-Haman alliance when they team up against you.

Avalon64 posted...
    I guess it's to be expected since alot of SRW T is wrapped around his story with Claw

Yeah, that kind of goes for Gun X Sword and Rayearth actually, as they're two of the main points of focus in this game. And in both cases their units start not so great but unlock new moves and upgrades as you advance their story.
    At least Van and Hikaru get particularly strong by the end, while their side cast is more debatable.