You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. Question about SRW T's story

User Info: Avalon64

Avalon64
1 month ago#1
Hey I ended up getting this game at an anime convention last month on a whim it was kinda costly (100 Canadian) I knew of this series cause I know a friend who lives overseas who is a huge fan of the series and would often tell me about it

so I thought what the hell, PS4, english translated for me (since it's an Asian copy, though at the time I didn't know it was, I thought the game got a western release and I just missed it lol)

and despite not having the DLC (since I lack an Asian account maybe I'll make one one day) I just couldn't put it down as long as the game had Gundams I was gonna be happy...and man what a nice selection, Zeta, ZZ, CCA, G and Crossbones

PERSONALLY woulda added Unicorn, Wing and 00 but this was a great selection, the game allowed me to even learn a little about series I never really followed like GaoGaiGar (still have that theme stuck in my head lol) The Marzingers, and Getter, it's been a really fun experience Im about level 30A (cause come on a gundam fan like me missing out on a certain Icon? Lol)

so anyway my question, so was their a prequel game to SRW T? Like a game that elaborated more on the past events the characters mention about or is this a stand alone title story that more or less assumes the player knows enough of past lore to catch themselves up to speed (like Zeta pretty much ALREADY happened and we're seeing a Kamille that survived Scirocco's attack and went on to mentor Judah...even if Kamille's own bio states that Scirocco's attack "damaged" him lol)

anyway really fun game but I was a bit disappointed to learn Four wasn't in the game, one of my favourite characters from Zeta...and considering this game has characters that admit they SHOULD be dead, really feels like Four being dead isn't THAT great of an excuse to exclude her lol
Can you taste The Angel's extraordinary skill?- Angel
Humanity alone possesses a God The power to transcend the now the inner God called possibility - Banagher

User Info: Baby_ragna

Baby_ragna
1 month ago#2
It's a standalone game. They usually attach a number to the title like they did to Alpha and Z series

You can get SRW V for Unicorn and 00 and SRW X if you want Wing. They are all present in SRW Z3 assuming you don't mind playing an untranslated game.
A man's sword isn't a thing that can be kept in his underwear, its something that should rest in a scabbard known as a girl.
(edited 1 month ago)

Avalon64
1 month ago#3
ah I see thanks for the quick answer! I definitely wanna play other SRW's maybe I should look into if any other titles got english translated and maybe order it online or something

cause we sure as hell probably never gonna see an official western release with these games, it's a huge shame I feel alot more people should try it out
Humanity alone possesses a God The power to transcend the now the inner God called possibility - Banagher

User Info: VermilionX

VermilionX
1 month ago#4
Avalon64 posted...
it's a huge shame I feel alot more people should try it out

the draw is being a mecha anime fan

not the strategy game part

so if somebody is not a big fan of mecha anime, then i don't see much point in playing these games
CFN: Zerokage me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
https://imgur.com/5dkx5Ah

User Info: TsunamiFox

TsunamiFox
1 month ago#5
Avalon64 posted...
so anyway my question, so was their a prequel game to SRW T? Like a game that elaborated more on the past events the characters mention about or is this a stand alone title story that more or less assumes the player knows enough of past lore to catch themselves up to speed (like Zeta pretty much ALREADY happened and we're seeing a Kamille that survived Scirocco's attack and went on to mentor Judah...even if Kamille's own bio states that Scirocco's attack "damaged" him lol)

Nah, no prequel. A lot of SRW titles include series where they go "post-plot" where their story already wrapped up and the characters are just here to hang out.
3DS FC: 0344-9288-2062, PSN: Blood_Wizard
Currently Playing: Hearthstone (always Hearthstone)

Avalon64
1 month ago#6
yeah kinda figured by now but thanks for the answer

I definitely gonna give this game a second playthrough, is it possible to choose the other protagonist in a new game plus? (I heard there was one here) cause at the very least the game made me curious as to what happened in the second paths I didn't choose

also this current challenge point, the guide states I should have gotten something called the Hero's mark...sadly must have missed this cause yeah trying to one shot a 20,000 HP unit? I MIGHT not be able ot get THIS challenge point

TsunamiFox
1 month ago#7
Avalon64 posted...
yeah kinda figured by now but thanks for the answer

I definitely gonna give this game a second playthrough, is it possible to choose the other protagonist in a new game plus? (I heard there was one here) cause at the very least the game made me curious as to what happened in the second paths I didn't choose

also this current challenge point, the guide states I should have gotten something called the Hero's mark...sadly must have missed this cause yeah trying to one shot a 20,000 HP unit? I MIGHT not be able ot get THIS challenge point

You can choose the other MC for New Game +.

Avalon64
1 month ago#8
ah cool thanks that's good to know!

User Info: VermilionX

VermilionX
1 month ago#9
what's NG+ here?

only 50% of funds and tacP? the usual?

how bout parts carry over?
CFN: Zerokage me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
https://imgur.com/5dkx5Ah RIP 2006-2019
(edited 1 month ago)

TsunamiFox
1 month ago#10
VermilionX posted...
what's NG+ here?

only 50% of funds and tacP? the usual?

how bout parts carry over?

I believe IIRC it's full funds and tacP and 5 parts each time you NG+ up to a max of 25
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. Question about SRW T's story