You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. Is it just me or the recent SRWs have been kinda...underwhelming?

User Info: Q80Warlock

Q80Warlock
1 month ago#41
GranzonEx posted...
the problem I have with the recent titles is the lack of mission variety and the secrets being mediocre

I've replayed @3 and Z almost a dozen times each and every time I do it with different core of units

True older games have higher replay value than the recent games. I'm already running through the Alpha trilogy all over again.

I really want the Real / Super routes style back along with multiple originals.

SazukeEX posted...
V was great, much better than Z3.

Everything is better than Z3.

User Info: SazukeEX

SazukeEX
3 weeks ago#42
Q80Warlock posted...
GranzonEx posted...
the problem I have with the recent titles is the lack of mission variety and the secrets being mediocre

I've replayed @3 and Z almost a dozen times each and every time I do it with different core of units

True older games have higher replay value than the recent games. I'm already running through the Alpha trilogy all over again.

SazukeEX posted...

Wrong.

Z3 is better than X.
FE:Fates - MyCastle: Birthright ~ Rare Skills
~ 12514-29694-66068-57372

User Info: Dragolord09

Dragolord09
3 weeks ago#43
Do you have anything to say about T?

User Info: Dark_Butz

Dark_Butz
3 weeks ago#44
My problem with the VTX series was too many reused shows they would sort of swap between the games or just keep through all three.
I was really happy to see Might Gaine in V, but groaned when I saw it announced AGAIN for T. Same with Crossbone and ZZ.

CCA and Zeta could use a break as well, but I guess it's tradition for them to be in every main SRW.

User Info: SoulStealer_X2

SoulStealer_X2
3 weeks ago#45
SazukeEX posted...
Q80Warlock posted...
GranzonEx posted...

SazukeEX posted...

Wrong.

Z3 is better than X.

Yeah, yeah, whatever you say, Rony.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: OracleGunner

OracleGunner
3 weeks ago#46
SazukeEX posted...
Z3 is better than X.

Wataru>Esther.
The Unofficial Iron Castle That Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. People who got it:6
The Official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.

User Info: thetraveler

thetraveler
3 weeks ago#47
Cyath posted...
From V onwards. I think the utmost pinnacle of SRW was during the Alpha era, and nothing else has really topped it since. Maybe it's just nostalgia googles, but I don't feel the power of the series as much as I used to.

Anyone else feel this way?

in terms of animation, yes. Nothiong will ever compare to the OG series. That should always be the benchmark.unfortunately, its not.
I'd like to name this new style sheet "The Homer", after his failed attempt at designing a car.

User Info: SoulStealer_X2

SoulStealer_X2
3 weeks ago#48
Cyath posted...
From V onwards. I think the utmost pinnacle of SRW was during the Alpha era, and nothing else has really topped it since. Maybe it's just nostalgia googles, but I don't feel the power of the series as much as I used to.

Anyone else feel this way?

Nothing wrong with that, but I just feel that this is getting closer to making the Alpha series look like Fire Emblem series made by Shouzou Kaga (or the GBA/Elibe era), and the translated titles felt like the 3DS era FE forward.

I like Alpha, but I appreciate these newer series. Therefore I wish that this won't devolve into argument between elitists. Both sides can get really ugly...
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: morganandb

morganandb
3 weeks ago#49
Honestly anything past Z1 feels like it has some kind of downgrade. From stuff like unimpressive secrets, or less route splits, down to simple stuff like not being able to transform Daitarn 3 or use GaiGar. Also the Exe system and the ability to use spirit commands during an enemy attack has dumbed the difficulty down severely
What do you mean, what just happened!?!?!!??
Are you blind?!!!?

User Info: Cashino0

Cashino0
3 weeks ago#50
morganandb posted...
Honestly anything past Z1 feels like it has some kind of downgrade. From stuff like unimpressive secrets, or less route splits, down to simple stuff like not being able to transform Daitarn 3 or use GaiGar.

Starting from V:
Completely original DVEs such as Movie Nadesico and Shin Mazinger's equivalent to Great Mazinger's first appearance. I wouldn't be surprised if they keep doing this.
T has beefed up the number of CGs of various characters in scenes as well as CG-like tachies
V started using clips of stock footage from various shows
T reintroduced the box expressions from Z2 and Z3, giving us a combination of full tachies during intermissions and dynamic expressions during battle.
X introduced Expert mode
T raised caps on lots of stuff for more raising shenanigans
More generally, it seems like they're testing things out in providing high difficulty content for veterans while having an easy path for newer people and more casual players

These are hardly what I call downgrades.

I'm personally not too picky on the lack of attacks of a lot of units because of reusing assets. As for why this is, take a look at Z Gundam and Might Gaine.

Also the Exe system and the ability to use spirit commands during an enemy attack has dumbed the difficulty down severely

Having more systems that add variety is inherently not a bad thing. If you think its overpowered then simply don't use them.
(edited 3 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. Is it just me or the recent SRWs have been kinda...underwhelming?