• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. So, X is universally agreed to be inferior to V and T.

User Info: SazukeEX

SazukeEX
1 month ago#1
Why do you think fans like X a lot less than V and X?

What would you do to improve it?

I'll start.

Remove Wataru. Replace with Rayearth. Now at least X's story is decent.
FE:Fates - MyCastle: Birthright ~ Rare Skills
~ 12514-29694-66068-57372

User Info: Dragolord09

Dragolord09
1 month ago#2
Boy, you don't know when to give up a lost cause do you?

User Info: Rutile_Starite

Rutile_Starite
1 month ago#3
I'd improve it by delaying it a couple of months to give the secret units more attacks, but I doubt that's financially feasible.

SazukeEX posted...
Now X's story doesn't exist.

Also, to challenge the topic title:
-More gameplay freedom and variety with UC units (G-Reco, Seabook actually having a protagonist-tier F91, Hi-Nu/Nightingale being mid-game units).
-Code Geass' post plot (more Lancelot playtime is good for me, but the villain they pulled is what makes it).
-ORAAAA SHYUUUTOOOOO-I mean, uhhh... the best Dunbine attack in SRW.
-Spero/Hopps is the most interesting OG sub-pilot character so far.
-Attack count aside (King Gainer units had a similar problem), the secret units were a nice gesture (I love how Mashmyre was used in X, while in T I barely remember he's in the game).
-That Kaiser thingy you love so much, there's two of them.
-Your opinion on Wataru is most definitely not universal. Wataru's way more fun than Rayearth, if you ask me.

That's not counting more contentious stuff like the roster debut choices (I personally like all of them).
I'd put some witty quote here, but 90% of quotes I like are due to their voice acting.
(message deleted)

User Info: BookwormOtaku

BookwormOtaku
1 month ago#5
Just curious, but does anyone know how much of the Wataru series X covered since I notice there are more seasons which has me curious at the possibility of either an X2 or an SRW game that takes place in one of these other seasons

User Info: SazukeEX

SazukeEX
1 month ago#6
Dragolord09 posted...
Boy, you don't know when to give up a lost cause do you?

You really should try reading reviews and statistics. Would go a long way in becoming informed.

Rutile_Starite posted...
I'd improve it by delaying it a couple of months to give the secret units more attacks, but I doubt that's financially feasible.

SazukeEX posted...
Now X's story doesn't exist.

Also, to challenge the topic title:
-More gameplay freedom and variety with UC units (G-Reco, Seabook actually having a protagonist-tier F91, Hi-Nu/Nightingale being mid-game units).
-Code Geass' post plot (more Lancelot playtime is good for me, but the villain they pulled is what makes it).
-ORAAAA SHYUUUTOOOOO-I mean, uhhh... the best Dunbine attack in SRW.
-Spero/Hopps is the most interesting OG sub-pilot character so far.
-Attack count aside (King Gainer units had a similar problem), the secret units were a nice gesture (I love how Mashmyre was used in X, while in T I barely remember he's in the game).
-That Kaiser thingy you love so much, there's two of them.
-Your opinion on Wataru is most definitely not universal. Wataru's way more fun than Rayearth, if you ask me.

That's not counting more contentious stuff like the roster debut choices (I personally like all of them).

Clearly it is Universal as Wataru was the X plot yet X is far less popular than V and T abd sold mich less than both.

Thusly X failed to meet expectations due to Wataru and it is clear that gambling ab enture game around an old child's show was a failed gambit.

Most of SRW players care not for Wataru and sales and reviews reflected that.
FE:Fates - MyCastle: Birthright ~ Rare Skills
~ 12514-29694-66068-57372
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Nataexia00

Nataexia00
1 month ago#7
Storm20191 posted...
SazukeEX posted...

What would you do to improve it?

I'll start.

He's just bored with nothing to do. Poor kid.

Unfortunately, and it looks like Wataru has traumatized him. Has nightmares about him, can’t seem to get over Wataru. Could be possible he burned the disc (If he had any) already.
We can never understand "Reality".

User Info: BookwormOtaku

BookwormOtaku
1 month ago#8
If I were to make any improvements it would be these (and I'm saying this as someone who liked X and even Wataru since I'd never even heard of the series until X and I think it was a pretty good intro)

- Expand the true end route's epilogue for the characters. It made the end feel rushed that the only characters to get closure at the end were Cross Ange, Wataru, Buddy Complex and GL while the rest go back to their worlds and that's it.
- More Wing involvement in the story, maybe make Lady Une playable
- More Code Geass characters, good and bad aligned
- Couple more extra scenarios with Wolfgang and co after they decide to work for Senpuuji Industries, maybe have other minor villains besides Yazan join their little group for some ex-villain turned Senpuuji employee banter like those two girls who were working for Embryo that don't die when we shoot them down

User Info: Shaded_Phoenix

Shaded_Phoenix
1 month ago#9
SazukeEX posted...

That seems somewhat contradictory.
Operation Latex Turtle is a go.
(edited 1 month ago)
So this again.....after you just got caught in a lie and a mod had to post.....

Imo your credibility is s***, and your topics and points aren't worth a grain of salt.
I'm really gonna save the world this time!
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. So, X is universally agreed to be inferior to V and T.
  • Topic Closed