You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. so... they don't do options to pick super or real anymore?

User Info: VermilionX

VermilionX
1 month ago#1
last one before this i played was Z3.2

so i dunno if they brought it back for Z or X

im only stage 2, but yeah. looks like it's another real robot this time.
CFN: Zerokage me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
https://imgur.com/5dkx5Ah

User Info: Storm20191

Storm20191
1 month ago#2
VermilionX posted...
last one before this i played was Z3.2

so i dunno if they brought it back for Z or X

im only stage 2, but yeah. looks like it's another real robot this time.

I know what you mean bro, I mean when I used to play J on my GBA you could pick up to 4 different mechs, 2 super and 2 reals.But nowadays It's just only one default real robot.
3DS FC: 3540-3356-9415 2nd 3DS FC: 2638-0834-9119

User Info: TsunamiFox

TsunamiFox
1 month ago#3
V let you pick Super or Real for the midgame upgrade.

X sticks with one mech the whole game that gets new moves.

T just has one upgrade midgame but it does get a few new moves.
3DS FC: 0344-9288-2062, PSN: Blood_Wizard
Currently Playing: Hearthstone (always Hearthstone)

User Info: Irrelevant

Irrelevant
1 month ago#4
It's fine with me every few games if they don't do it. I haven't played X but I loved seeing the magic mechs. V's real upgrade was better than the super upgrade.

Man remember Alpha's crazy Dragon-Tiger mecha for the OC and his romance? Now THAT was crazy.
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8513/guyversfightmc1.gif
Snesman64 and I are brothers stop being surprised.

User Info: Shaded_Phoenix

Shaded_Phoenix
1 month ago#5
Considering they haven't done it since Z... (Or technically Saisei... and technically not Z, since there's only the character choice. Making it J... or A Portable...?) this really isn't new.
Operation Latex Turtle is a go.

User Info: Irrelevant

Irrelevant
1 month ago#6
I really loved the Z3 mecha though. Very super roboty with martial art moves. Plus I woudln't mind another robot that could for a turn or two power up into a super mode before shutting it down. Of course near the end of the game this handicap is removed. I dunno something about that is so daring...you gotta plan carefully to use it to the max so sometimes you tear through a bunch of enemies...or you kill just one or two.
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8513/guyversfightmc1.gif
Snesman64 and I are brothers stop being surprised.

User Info: Q80Warlock

Q80Warlock
1 month ago#7
Irrelevant posted...
I really loved the Z3 mecha though. Very super roboty with martial art moves. Plus I woudln't mind another robot that could for a turn or two power up into a super mode before shutting it down. Of course near the end of the game this handicap is removed. I dunno something about that is so daring...you gotta plan carefully to use it to the max so sometimes you tear through a bunch of enemies...or you kill just one or two.

The idea was good in a way keeping the original startup mecha while still having access to the upgrades. In Alpha Huckenbien gained custom parts as upgrade along with status boost.

One of the good things of multiple original units is adding to the replay value. The Alpha's for example were great because you have multiple choices on replay.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. so... they don't do options to pick super or real anymore?