You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. Mercy - do you use it?

User Info: TsunamiFox

TsunamiFox
4 weeks ago#11
The one time I used it in T I forgot about the "Only works on enemies with lower SKL" part and it didn't work. It definitely has some uses but it's probably the least useful Spirit in modern SRW.
3DS FC: 0344-9288-2062, PSN: Blood_Wizard
Currently Playing: Hearthstone (always Hearthstone)

User Info: Romaji

Romaji
4 weeks ago#12
I used it so Fa could defeat Mashmyre.

I guess it would be useful if you're trying to get kills/xp for weaker units that can't land a killing blow on their own.
Generic Signature

User Info: manila2k1

manila2k1
4 weeks ago#13
It's about as useless in this game as an S-rating for water terrain: there's never any need for it.

User Info: KazeKoichi

KazeKoichi
4 weeks ago#14
Davzz posted...
Jibaku actually did have use in the earlier games before HP bloat started making it not worth it.

The best use of self-explode was to lower your own units' HP so they activate potential and greatly increase their damage.
Puru: I want to play with balls again! Laura, let's take a bath together.
Laura (nervous): How come you're putting these two phrases together?

User Info: Q80Warlock

Q80Warlock
4 weeks ago#15
It was very useful before for leveling up and in older games unlock secrets and level up unit pilots with bad status just to unlock their useful Seishins. Same goes for self destruct it raises allies morals and stats while also doing major damage to surrounding grunts.

User Info: superobo4ever

superobo4ever
4 weeks ago#16
KazeKoichi posted...
The best use of self-explode was to lower your own units' HP so they activate potential and greatly increase their damage.

you can do that with mercy too.. use a map weapon with Amuro on your units. :p (you need an enemy unit on range so it can be used)
SRW T rider G7 Hype!

User Info: shiro ashta

shiro ashta
4 weeks ago#17
Regarding the secrets involving Fa - I deliberately skipped any secret condition involving her and still got the secret.

I've used Mercy a handful of times in older games. Not so much in the newer games.
Currently playing: Monster Hunter World (PC), Yakuza Kiwami (PC)
Backlog: Valkyria Chronicles 4 (PC), Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate (Switch)

User Info: Sans Pants

Sans Pants
4 weeks ago#18
I had to use it once in this game because the SR point for the space route on stage 36 is "let all allies get at least one kill" and I had no idea if Mashmyre counted or not, so just to make sure I had Amuro knock something down to 10 HP.
Scarlet sky is falling down, bury me six feet under.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. Mercy - do you use it?