You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. Mercy - do you use it?

User Info: ShunWolfkin

ShunWolfkin
1 month ago#1
I am decently far into the game and have never used it. It is a thematic fit on some pilots sure, but I can't help but feel like it is a wasted spirit slot. It can certainly be used to prevent a surprise crit kill that you don't want, but I would get more use out of it if it would lower fleeing units to threshold+10 HP as well as just not killing. Would make it easier to kill the runners.

Anyways just wondering if I am missing anything here. Seems like most units can do enough damage that you don't need to use it to feed kills.

User Info: Shuu_Shirakawa

Shuu_Shirakawa
1 month ago#2
It's a wasted slot for decades.

I hardly used it in the very first SRW games (I mean those on Super Famicom) because you needed to kill in order to gain experience. Repair or resupply brought you nothing, and since this type of unit was always weak, you often ended by awful damages then 10 (the minimum). So it was helpful for this time... at last if your pilot could hit his target...

I can't remember the last time I used it.

But the same goes for jibaku (self explode). Pure waste of space. I know it was quite logical for the Wing Boys for example, but who wants to lose a unit this way? (and pay the repair bill after, no Roger's ace bonus to save you).

User Info: Knux19

Knux19
1 month ago#3
Does using it to pop that trophy for having all Spirits in battle count?
Pants are not a "group activity"

User Info: lion55555

lion55555
1 month ago#4
One Method of using it is to try attacking your own units with a map attack without accidentally killing them and then repair it back to full hp to level up your support characters. I did this many times in F Final.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Davzz

Davzz
1 month ago#5
Jibaku actually did have use in the earlier games before HP bloat started making it not worth it.

The main use of Mercy is those stages where you have to knock Nuclear Missiles down to 10% HP, but they don't do that any more, so it's really pointless - the way SRW works there's no real need to "train" your Support units anyway especially now with Sub-Orders and global TacP means you can give them abilities without needing to feed kills.
http://ontlogy.wordpress.com/
"Can Happiness be Achieved without Sacrifice? Can a New Era be reached without Misfortune?"

User Info: Cashino0

Cashino0
1 month ago#6
Davzz posted...
the way SRW works there's no real need to "train" your Support units anyway especially now with Sub-Orders and global TacP means you can give them abilities without needing to feed kills.

It does have it's use in very specific situations where you want a Support Attacker to get the kill in order to boost their ExC.
It's also useful if you want to have a Prana Converter to boost things but want to give other people kills for Ace Bonuses.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: salvadorfranz

salvadorfranz
1 month ago#7
I use it all the time. Except I use it by firing a MAP with that thing on, to your own units. Then start repair grinding them. Amuro's the best for it since he has Mercy, Soul, and Zeal. No one ever does it because it's a waste of time/it's a matter of pride thing that players want to finish the game without level grinding to 99. I just do it in the fewest amounts of turns and try to do it in like 150-200 turns.
http://www.youtube.com/rvlast
^My channel. Please visit and all that jazz. Also if you like, go subscribe to it.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: God_Hero_Wataru

God_Hero_Wataru
1 month ago#8
I only really used it in OG 1 or other game were I cheated money and max stats. Even basic attacks were nuking stuff I needed to live.

I remember getting stuck on that mission to shoot down missiles until I realized that one of the pilots had Mercy.

User Info: KaelAltreul

KaelAltreul
1 month ago#9
I used it so Fa count get final hit for the secrets this game.

User Info: The Deadpool

The Deadpool
1 month ago#10
KaelAltreul posted...
I used it so Fa count get final hit for the secrets this game.

Yup. Mercy is great. “Oh hey I wanna level up this Spirit bot/Battleship/whatever unit that can’t fight for s***. Equip Iron Emblem, cast Wish on them, Soul and Mercy the boss and... Boom, a bajillion levels in one kill.”
We are living in a world today where lemonade is made from artificial flavors and furniture polish is made from real lemons.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. Mercy - do you use it?