You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. With T having a very good story, For the next srw, Story or Roster?

User Info: Virtual009

Virtual009
2 months ago#61
masterman97 posted...
No more Mightgaine.
No more Z.
No more ZZ.
No more Crossbone.
No more boring-ass Amuro (even though I REALLY liked him in T) and Char or whatever.
No more Trider/Zambot/Daitarn.
Etc.

Can we get a cool roster full of fresh faces? Modern era Jeeg? Zeorymer?

Story can come after. The writers have been pretty good so I’m sure they can concoct a good story meshing together all of the new series. And at the end of the day, everyone kinda just says the same thing in intermissions with some fanservice sprinkled here and there so it’s not like these games are the pinnacle of storytelling and character development.

Just, for the love of God, can we get a roster that’s like 80% new? The purchase of each new game so far is becoming less and less justified with the constant rehashing. Thankfully, the trilogy is over and now we’re likely to get something fresh.

Take a year off next year and come with some greater effort in 2021.

I would like some of that as well they already have to start on the next Super Robot Wars OG installment 3 years should be good enough to work on it.
If not for 2020 it’s probably due to lazy developers not putting effort into the work and would rather release it on the Anniversary’s instead, since 2021 is going to be the 30th Anniversary in Super Robot Wars.
But I agree that they need to stop using the same Universal Gundam Shows and focus on the more not used ones, I don’t mind Crossbone it’s just they never bother bringing in the Enemies from Steel and Heart for no reason when they should at this point.
Don't think Imagination is just Fantasy. If you open your Mind believe the Impossible is Possible.

User Info: Virtual009

Virtual009
2 months ago#62
Corran109 posted...
We're never going to get a majority new roster for two reasons:

Licensing: A lot of the rehashed series are easy to license. Either they're old (Daitarn, etc.) or with a company that's easy to negotiate with (including Gundam since it's semi-internal).

Animation budget: There's a reason they are always reusing animation: it saves their time and money for the few new series that do come in.

They can't just take a year off either unless the next game doubled in sales, and that's extremely unlikely.

As for Amuro, Kamille, and the ZZ crew, at best a game only has Amuro. Gundam is popular and those characters are popular within that fandom. Their inclusion is a big reason a bunch of people but these games. And when they need filler units or series, they'll just pull them in.

Unfortunately, this is how it is since these are still games that need to make money.

I also agree this is the sad truth about how they do things if it were me I would make sure to show more of the newer stuff over the older stuff by either 50% to 80% of the time in order to make things interesting and not so common.
Don't think Imagination is just Fantasy. If you open your Mind believe the Impossible is Possible.

User Info: DeltaSilver88

DeltaSilver88
2 months ago#63
I'd usually prefer story, but SRW games in general have such good stories anyway that I went with "roster". I'm actually hoping Gun X Sword stays in the roster for the next game since it's become one of my favorite entries in T (Van is also one of my favorite characters in the game).
...I became a Super Robot Wars fangirl without playing the games. Bite me.

User Info: _Val_

_Val_
2 months ago#64
DeltaSilver88 posted...
I'm actually hoping Gun X Sword stays in the roster for the next game since it's become one of my favorite entries in T (Van is also one of my favorite characters in the game).

Same here, I actually watched the series after playin a few stages of the game and really liked it. From what I've seen though (haven't finished the game yet), the story is pretty much covered here so not sure what they could do with Van in later games. Re-telling the same story wouldn't be that exciting.

Series spoilers
Guess they could still use the "after story" version though like they did with some other characters here, since he's back to wandering in Dann at the end of the series.

User Info: Dark_Butz

Dark_Butz
2 months ago#65
Z and CCA are basically tradition in mainline games, but they should do something with them. Give them MSVs (Fa, please either get a Methuss Kai or just take the bench in the next game, the Methuss is borderline useless). For CCA I'd love to see the MP Nu Gundam and the Nu HWS again, maybe give the Sazabi a similar treatment.
Though if they made Terada drop Daitarn for T, maybe the same will happen to the UC guys?

User Info: ValzacardX

ValzacardX
2 months ago#66
UC is getting way to much content to be dropped. Maybe for a side game. I can see happen for let's say a Nintendo exclusive SRW title if we ever get another one.

But between, Hathaway's Flash, NT, Thunderbolt, and Twilight Axis at some point going to make a debut, I doubt they do it without including some form off Z and or CCA.

Like in J and W, it pretty much only being Seed and or G was great.

I'm still hoping for like IBO to debut and if there has to be another Gundam, it could be Age and X.

User Info: TsunamiFox

TsunamiFox
1 month ago#67
ValzacardX posted...
Hathaway's Flash, NT, Thunderbolt, and Twilight Axis

Man, I could live a happier life if none of these made into SRW
3DS FC: 0344-9288-2062, PSN: Blood_Wizard
Currently Playing: Hearthstone (always Hearthstone)

User Info: starqo

starqo
1 month ago#68
ValzacardX posted...
Maybe for a side game. I can see happen for let's say a Nintendo exclusive SRW title if we ever get another one.

With T being for both the Sony and Nintendo systems, I don't think we will, as much as I really wanted another game like UX and BX; I feel like cellphone games such as DD are intended to take their place, but I don't see them succeeding in filling that particular gap.

TsunamiFox posted...
ValzacardX posted...
Hathaway's Flash, NT, Thunderbolt, and Twilight Axis

Man, I could live a happier life if none of these made into SRW

I wouldn't mind Hathaway's Flash, and Narrative wouldn't be too bad.

User Info: ValzacardX

ValzacardX
1 month ago#69
starqo posted...
With T being for both the Sony and Nintendo systems, I don't think we will, as much as I really wanted another game like UX and BX; I feel like cellphone games such as DD are intended to take their place, but I don't see them succeeding in filling that particular gap.

With the Switch now outselling the PS4 in Japan and elsewhere, plus it being the defacto handheld on the market as the 3DS dies down, I can see it happening.

User Info: SazukeEX

SazukeEX
1 month ago#70
Dark_Butz posted...
Z and CCA are basically tradition in mainline games, but they should do something with them. Give them MSVs (Fa, please either get a Methuss Kai or just take the bench in the next game, the Methuss is borderline useless). For CCA I'd love to see the MP Nu Gundam and the Nu HWS again, maybe give the Sazabi a similar treatment.
Though if they made Terada drop Daitarn for T, maybe the same will happen to the UC guys?

Tradition can take breaks.

The Unicorn era is greatly expanded now thanks to Axis Twilight, the new Unicorn version for Banagher to use as a load out, Crystal Unicorn and Banshee Noir mecha, and Narrative.

There's also IBO and Hathaway's Flash too to use.

Let Z, ZZ, and CCA rest.

I mean V had movie events as canon, X is post CCA where Amuro and Char had their movie fate, and T had the novel version.
FE:Fates - MyCastle: Birthright ~ Rare Skills
~ 12514-29694-66068-57372
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. With T having a very good story, For the next srw, Story or Roster?