You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. With T having a very good story, For the next srw, Story or Roster?
Z_Ayato posted...
Love that song so much and honestly one of my fave parts of X was Wataru. It brought a lot of levity to the story and still had some epic moments. Honestly I enjoyed how they handled Dunbine in it too with a post plot story that felt like what a continuation could have been.

I really love the song too. Really like SRW T version a lot too. I watched Dunbine after finishing X and just was amazed how everyone bit the bullet to be brought back in X lol.
SazukeEX posted...
A real shame you're shilling hard when everyone knows X's narrative suffered due to Wataru.

I would like a word with you.

User Info: TsunamiFox

TsunamiFox
1 month ago#33
SazukeEX posted...
charles883 posted...
Yes Sazuke is narcissist troll who thinks that his opinion are only matter in entire world. And even insult one of the great anime classic and one of the first isekai anime!

Not everyone can have great taste like me.

A real shame you're shilling hard when everyone knows X's narrative suffered due to Wataru.

Replace Wataru with any other series in X as a lead series and X's narrative greatly improves.

Oh look, Sazuke is pretending he speaks for everyone again.

What a surprise /s
3DS FC: 0344-9288-2062, PSN: Blood_Wizard
Currently Playing: Hearthstone (always Hearthstone)

User Info: ShunWolfkin

ShunWolfkin
1 month ago#34
I am definitely for story. Much of the time I have only heard of and not actually watched a good chunk of the cast. I find SRW as a rather fun way to find out about series you may have only heard about in passing.

So in my case I can actually be excited to see a series list that has some I haven't seen before, or sometimes even heard of(such as Hades Project Zeorymer back in SRW J, though maybe that isn't the best example since I never did get around to finding a copy/stream to watch).

User Info: Irrelevant

Irrelevant
1 month ago#35
I remember a big reason I suddenly had to buy and play SRW games myself was because I was into Gundam 00 and excited for Z2. So in that case roster was a huge deal. Like I said though now that games are being translated for us I'm for story.

But y'know a solid roster with decent story wouldn't be like an F game for me or anything.
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8513/guyversfightmc1.gif
Snesman64 and I are brothers stop being surprised.

User Info: BookwormOtaku

BookwormOtaku
1 month ago#36
To be honest this is a hard pick, but if I were hard pressed to decide I'd pick roster since the draw for this series is I want to see my favorites from various anime and games team up to (via mecha) punch/blast villains from other various anime and games in the face while trading quips.
Still I've come to not mind unfamiliarity as I'm liking how well the series has acted as a kind of gateway to mech anime I'd never even heard of. V introduced me to Mightgaine, Daitarn 3 and Zambot 3 and X introduced me to Wataru, which I actually kind of liked as not only did it introduce me to a new series but the puns based on alot of the villains amused me and kind of reminded me of Dr Slump and the weirdness of seeing a kids anime team up with series that are alot darker like Cross Ange was interesting (like crossing over the old Dungeons and Dragons cartoon with Goblin Slayer or Shield Hero with any iteration of My Little Pony).
Still, I would prefer to have a good story to go with the mass crossover. While I had fun with X I will admit by the end it showed definite signs of being rushed be it the lack of an epilogue for all the characters like V had or the reveal of monocle guy (I forget his name) somehow surviving.

User Info: charles883

charles883
1 month ago#37
The reason UX are example because most of the roaster especially new one are quite unknown and yet some how make great story. Wish they can add more original spin and story on roaster like Nadesico POD in V and T,

By the way certain Narcissist (SazukeEX) has been suspended. Rejoice!

User Info: AnnihilatorSol

AnnihilatorSol
1 month ago#38
charles883 posted...
The reason UX are example because most of the roaster especially new one are quite unknown and yet some how make great story. Wish they can add more original spin and story on roaster like Nadesico POD in V and T,

LOL, I normally see people go through purgatory but suspension is what? Is it worse than purgatory?

User Info: SchlagerGeist

SchlagerGeist
4 weeks ago#39
The roster is generally most important to me simply because I play SRW to use my favorite mechs to beat down enemies. Story is becoming more important to me with the translations but is slightly less important over all in comparison to roster.

User Info: SazukeEX

SazukeEX
3 weeks ago#40
charles883 posted...

Heh. Your bots worked this time but no cigar for you. Even the mods apologised to me after reviewing your bogus bot reports and realised that I broke no rules.

charles883 posted...
Yes Sazuke is narcissist troll who thinks that his opinion are only matter in entire world. And even insult one of the great anime classic and one of the first isekai anime!

Only I'm right and you know it.

X sold less than V and T due to Wataru. No SRW player wants to utilise a kiddy anime as the lead over actual good anime with good characters and mecha design.
FE:Fates - MyCastle: Birthright ~ Rare Skills
~ 12514-29694-66068-57372
(edited 3 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. With T having a very good story, For the next srw, Story or Roster?