You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. With T having a very good story, For the next srw, Story or Roster?

User Info: Seraphil

Seraphil
1 month ago#11
Story. I want to see a SRW that either goes full low-tech/low-key series(like Xabungle, Votoms, old-school Super Robots) or on the opposite side of the spectrum, a galaxy-adventure story that basically ditches Earth outright like they originally planned for Alpha 3, so it'd have stuff like the later Macrosses and J9s.
The Sankt Kaiser wills it

User Info: SazukeEX

SazukeEX
1 month ago#12
Z_Ayato posted...
My question is, why do they both have to be mutually exclusive. That said it doesn't matter how good the story and interactions are if you don't care about the series involved so I put roster over story. Still they should try to make a good story regardless.

Because a story can be bad based off the roster. Such as X's narrative being in the gutter due to the extreme Wataru pandering and worship. Doesn't help that Wataru is a kids show with silly designs and a main character being a kid who embodies the mary sue fantasies on children.
FE:Fates - MyCastle: Birthright ~ Rare Skills
~ 12514-29694-66068-57372

User Info: ValzacardX

ValzacardX
1 month ago#13
Both, there is really no reason for one or the other to be a separate option.

Like X having a great story and good roster. I loved how Wataru's debut was handled, along with the Char/Camille dynamic, and Bellri awakening to his Newrype powers moment with the Gundam Cast.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Davzz

Davzz
1 month ago#14
I'm gonna go with roster because I think novelty is really important in a series where currently it feels like there's extreme recycling going on.
http://ontlogy.wordpress.com/
"Can Happiness be Achieved without Sacrifice? Can a New Era be reached without Misfortune?"

ValzacardX
1 month ago#15
Novelty isn't getting money. Time to just except the "extreme recycling" and repeat of popular titles that will continue.

Every blue moon, we way get one shake up.

User Info: SazukeEX

SazukeEX
1 month ago#16
ValzacardX posted...

Like X having a great story and good roster. I loved how Wataru's debut was handled, along with the Char/Camille dynamic, and Bellri awakening to his Newrype powers moment with the Gundam Cast.

No need to lie.

Wataru greatly hurt X's narrative.

There's a massive difference in quality of story between V and X. Yamato is simply the far superior series lead while Wataru is trash
FE:Fates - MyCastle: Birthright ~ Rare Skills
~ 12514-29694-66068-57372

ValzacardX
1 month ago#17
Can't hear you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQxC1vGgyoo

kimi no namida, saigo ni suru wake wa!

User Info: Storm20191

Storm20191
1 month ago#18
SazukeEX posted...
ValzacardX posted...

No need to lie.

Wataru greatly hurt X's narrative.

There's a massive difference in quality of story between V and X. Yamato is simply the far superior series lead while Wataru is trash

That's because you always hated Wataru with a passion.
3DS FC: 3540-3356-9415 2nd 3DS FC: 2638-0834-9119

User Info: mpchi

mpchi
1 month ago#19
Do we have to turn almost every topic here into a Wataru discussion?
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Dragolord09

Dragolord09
1 month ago#20
Try telling that to SazukeEX.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. With T having a very good story, For the next srw, Story or Roster?