You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. With T having a very good story, For the next srw, Story or Roster?

User Info: AnnihilatorSol

AnnihilatorSol
4 weeks ago#1
What do you care about more for the next game, story or roster?

I really like how well done the roster interaction is in T. Like they actually made it seem like everyone fits everywhere (not counting some odd series like crossbone). So me personally I think as long as the story and character interaction in the next game is good, I can care less about which series will make it.

User Info: Irrelevant

Irrelevant
4 weeks ago#2
Since I'm getting translated games I'm all for story now. Once upon a time I cared about roster more since I couldn't read Japanese and then get bits and pieces from message boards, tvtropes ect.
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8513/guyversfightmc1.gif
Snesman64 and I are brothers stop being surprised.

User Info: superobo4ever

superobo4ever
4 weeks ago#3
roster :D
SRW T rider G7 Hype!

User Info: Baby_ragna

Baby_ragna
4 weeks ago#4
Roster. Old habits die hard. I mean I've been playing without reading the story for years, so I'm fine with simple story as long as the game have my favorite series.
A man's sword isn't a thing that can be kept in his underwear, its something that should rest in a scabbard known as a girl.

User Info: Z_Ayato

Z_Ayato
4 weeks ago#5
My question is, why do they both have to be mutually exclusive. That said it doesn't matter how good the story and interactions are if you don't care about the series involved so I put roster over story. Still they should try to make a good story regardless.
3DS FC: 1246 - 8906 - 2597
The official Michel Blanc and VF-25G of the Dai-2-Ji Super Robot Taisen Z Hakai-hen

AnnihilatorSol
4 weeks ago#6
Z_Ayato posted...
My question is, why do they both have to be mutually exclusive. That said it doesn't matter how good the story and interactions are if you don't care about the series involved so I put roster over story. Still they should try to make a good story regardless.

Because if I put both obviously everyone and their mom will vote both. So if you have to choose between the two, which would you "prefer" more.

User Info: Z_Ayato

Z_Ayato
4 weeks ago#7
Oh i went for Roster. Like i said in the earlier post if the roster isnt appealing it doesn't matter how good the interactions are personally.
3DS FC: 1246 - 8906 - 2597
The official Michel Blanc and VF-25G of the Dai-2-Ji Super Robot Taisen Z Hakai-hen

User Info: starqo

starqo
4 weeks ago#8
AnnihilatorSol posted...
Because if I put both obviously everyone and their mom will vote both.

Indeed. If the choice for both was available, I can't see why anybody would vote for something else.

I ended up voting for Story, but this was still a really hard choice to make. I'm already starting to think it might've been better to choose the other option.

AnnihilatorSol
4 weeks ago#9
Z_Ayato posted...
Oh i went for Roster. Like i said in the earlier post if the roster isnt appealing it doesn't matter how good the interactions are personally.

That's perfectly acceptable.

User Info: TsunamiFox

TsunamiFox
4 weeks ago#10
Story. When the SRW really nails it they can even make stuff I find personally unappealing like Eva or Expelled from Paradise enjoyable. Hell, the stuff they did with Buddy Complex in X completely changed my opinion on it.
3DS FC: 0344-9288-2062, PSN: Blood_Wizard
Currently Playing: Hearthstone (always Hearthstone)
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. With T having a very good story, For the next srw, Story or Roster?