You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. How does this game compare to the others in the series?

User Info: kamikaze135

kamikaze135
1 month ago#1
This is my first SRW game and I'm really enjoying it. After I finish it, I plan on getting one of the other games on the PS4 and wanted an idea of what to expect.
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden

User Info: Cashino0

Cashino0
1 month ago#2
As a whole, T ranks in the upper tiers but definitely not top tier, which is a spot occupied by Z1 (PS2), W (DS), and UX (3DS).
V is roughly on the same level. Other upper tier games are stuff like MX (PS2, PSP) and Z2 (PSP)
X is roughly middle of the road on par with stuff like Z3 (PS3/Vita), and how much one can enjoy is dependent on how much you'd enjoy watching Wataru in general.

User Info: mpchi

mpchi
1 month ago#3
Depends if you need an anime roster. If so, V would be my pick, though it is more or less the same game as T, with some cast repeats.

What I would really recommend is SRW OG Moon Dwellers. Its all original casts, so no anime cross overs. But everything is fresh, and the animation quality is actually higher than T, regardless its made 3 years ago. Very cool robots and characters with a fresh story for you. Highly recommended.

User Info: jesseCheech

jesseCheech
1 month ago#4
Out of the three (V, X, & T) T is probably the best out of them.
V is very close to being better but T's overall story and cast are better.
X is...hit or miss. It's story is pretty bad, and it's cast is pretty random. Out of the three it's the one that feels the most rushed for s***ever reason.
PSN: F1R3PHO3N1X
Haven't you heard? The bird is the word.

User Info: kamikaze135

kamikaze135
1 month ago#5
@michi

The anime cast is really cool but I can do without it. What I love most about this game is the gameplay and unit customization. And truthfully, I find myself not caring for the story in games like this since it isnt cannon and feels like fanfiction.

I'll definitely check out Moon Dwellers. Planning to get the other PS4 games too.
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden

User Info: Belimar

Belimar
1 month ago#6
kamikaze135 posted...
The anime cast is really cool but I can do without it. What I love most about this game is the gameplay and unit customization.

While I am a fan of the anime aspect, the gameplay is what keeps me around.

The gameplay mechanics are pretty much the same for the other PS4 releases. So you should be happy with either V or X. The main exception being if you deployed a unit during the mission, you can't give it sub-orders during the intermission.
I played X, then V, then this. I wish some of the other older releases were easier to come by in English.

User Info: Davzz

Davzz
1 month ago#7
kamikaze135 posted...
What I love most about this game is the gameplay and unit customization.

You might like the much older OG1 and OG2 on the GBA, which doesn't have the licensed anime cast, but does have some of the better Customization in the series (such as equippable weapons)
http://ontlogy.wordpress.com/
"Can Happiness be Achieved without Sacrifice? Can a New Era be reached without Misfortune?"

User Info: mpchi

mpchi
1 month ago#8
kamikaze135 posted...
@michi

The anime cast is really cool but I can do without it. What I love most about this game is the gameplay and unit customization. And truthfully, I find myself not caring for the story in games like this since it isnt cannon and feels like fanfiction.

I'll definitely check out Moon Dwellers. Planning to get the other PS4 games too.

You'll love SRW OG Moon Dwellers. It was the first PS4 SRW games that got the English treatment in Asia. Animations are very dynamic and flashy (pretty much their best effort since they can't just rely on licensed property popularity to sell the game), and has more or less the same gameplay as T you are playing, minus a couple things here and there due to it being older. Customization is there. Just a quick sample of OG animation below. Makes Tyranado's attacks looks like child's play. And it is not even the strongest or fanciest ones in OG, just a mid tier attack of Raioh before upgrade. Take a look.

https://youtu.be/urcel_KOi4M

For the anime SRWs on PS4, I'll rank T > V > X.

User Info: Davzz

Davzz
1 month ago#9
Given that this guy's first SRW game is T, why are you guys recommending him MD, a game that was clearly designed for people who are very familiar with the OG series and is in fact like the 5th game or so in its subseries?
http://ontlogy.wordpress.com/
"Can Happiness be Achieved without Sacrifice? Can a New Era be reached without Misfortune?"

User Info: Irrelevant

Irrelevant
1 month ago#10
There's a bunch of different factors to consider.

I love V more in terms of the real lead Nines an android developing emotions had great interactions and that the game started and ended with a certain series so it felt like closure.

I enjoy T a lot because while the leads are enjoyable the original villains are considerable better than what V had to offer.
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8513/guyversfightmc1.gif
Snesman64 and I are brothers stop being surprised.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. How does this game compare to the others in the series?