• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. Your favorite and least favorite Supporter Commands

User Info: ShunWolfkin

ShunWolfkin
2 months ago#1
So I haven't actually been using these much. I usually just fire off an Ed to save me some SP on bullseye and focus for a turn(I think XCOM has twisted my thinking. I basically refuse to fire if I can't get 90+ percent). Wendy's Persist also proved handy once and at least it is cheap comparatively speaking. But yeah normally I just forget I have these.

Anyways looking at the commands I currently have available - Combat Assist seems like the strongest. +20 HIT, EVD and SKL for the entire map for 30S-SP?! That seems a fair bit stronger than Pu-pupuuu's +1ExC.

However, as powerful as Combat Assist looks I think my favorite is going to be Funds Finder. Bless All allies? Yeah I'll probably start drowning in funds at some point, but I am stingy with SP and don't really care to bless all the time for every battle. A bless for the whole turn is much nicer. Tadashi's Charge could also be handy, though I haven't had to use it yet.

My least favorite is Mokona. +1ExC for single unit for 40 S-SP just . . . isn't that great.

User Info: Knux19

Knux19
2 months ago#2
Funds Finder is only a 20% Boost to all funds for one turn, which isn't horrible, but the game just starts throwing money at you in the second half. I went into the final stage with 25 units at 70 upgrades or better and still had Chirico on the bench with the same. Can't say I wasn't hurting for Fortune or Bless (which doesn't stack with any passive money boosting skills or Ace Bonus).

Pu-pupuuu is, indeed, pretty bad. +1 ExC to an ally is pretty miserable when Photon Probability gives you 3 and 500 extra weapon damage for one turn. It DOES get upgraded later to give +1 ExC to all allies on the map, but it's too little, too late. If it were available for 20 SP at +1 and 40SP for +2 to all allies in the late game, I might have found some reason to cast it.

The ones I got the most use out of were Wife's Tender Loving Care, Young Man's Resolve and Deep as the Sea. All of these are great when they show up and get amazing upgrades across the game. Being able to give somebody a clutch defense is handy here and there, but really comes into it's own when you get Accel on top of it. Having a Charge you can cast on a battleship in a pinch helps their horrid movement for the first half of the game (especially the Nadesico, which takes ages to learn Accel and doesn't get Charge at all), but then it just becomes Bravery instead for the same cost. That's nuts. Then you have Rain providing some extra SP for a hefty cost, which is useful early on, but then it just becomes a full SP refill when you get her back in the endgame. Despite poor availability, if you play it right, you can turn an entire map on it's head with that kind of power waiting in the wings.

Edit: Worthy of note is Masterful Blow, which comes from Inez (and Prospector, if you got the Nadesico secret chapter). This handy thing reduces the morale of the enemy with the highest HP on the map by 15 (20 if you have Inez and Prospector). It's not something you'll use on every map, since a lot of bosses don't require that much consideration, but when you can shut down a Guard and dramatically increase your damage, you'll be glad it's there.
Pants are not a "group activity"

User Info: Cashino0

Cashino0
2 months ago#3
ShunWolfkin posted...
+20 HIT, EVD and SKL for the entire map for 30S-SP?!

This is frankly weak since it only applies to a single character, even if it lasts for the duration of the entire map. For starters, it doesn't even increase damage directly. That's not factoring other effects like Lisa (+3 ExC and +500) or late-game Rain (full SP recovery).

VOTOMs trio is a moot point for me since I'm able to clear an entire maps with Bless+Prana Converter combo after a certain point and the effect does not stack with it.

Knux19 posted...
Edit: Worthy of note is Masterful Blow, which comes from Inez (and Prospector, if you got the Nadesico secret chapter). This handy thing reduces the morale of the enemy with the highest HP on the map by 15 (20 if you have Inez and Prospector). It's not something you'll use on every map, since a lot of bosses don't require that much consideration, but when you can shut down a Guard and dramatically increase your damage, you'll be glad it's there.

After you get Rain back, though, this becomes worthless because it's far more efficient to full recover an Exhaust tank.

User Info: ShunWolfkin

ShunWolfkin
2 months ago#4
Knux19 posted...
Funds Finder is only a 20% Boost to all funds for one turn, which isn't horrible, but the game just starts throwing money at you in the second half.

Oh crud, I misread that. Only 20% is a lot less impressive than full bless so that is back down towards the bottom of the pile. Particularly since it doesn't stack.

Rain sounds like she becomes quite handy later on.

Cahino0 posted...
This is frankly weak since it only applies to a single character, even if it lasts for the duration of the entire map. For starters, it doesn't even increase damage directly.

Certainly doesn't sound as useful as Lisa, though I don't have her yet at 22. But again for me it mostly sounds strong for the same reason I end up using Ed. I can't stand taking shots under 90. This comes from playing games with smaller squads and a lot easier loss of units. But I also haven't actually paid attention to how much accuracy 20 hit actually gives. I assume it isn't just a straight 20 percent. So I might be thinking it gives a bigger payoff than it does.

User Info: salvadorfranz

salvadorfranz
2 months ago#5
What I was using the most in my NUR expert 1st run was:

Tadashi = Charge for 30 SP -> Bravery for 30 SP
Dingo and Frontier Setter = +20 SKL, HIT, and EVD on either Amuro or Chirico (or both if I have enough SP for it within two or three turns).

I don't think I use anyone else's actually now that I think about it aside from Lisa's ExC +3 and +500 to weapon other than normal route final boss on Ryoma.

Least favorite was definitely Mokona's, hands down on my NUR. It does have some use casually if you're willing to grab the ExC +3 if your ExC Gauge is at 3 to get 6 instantly to the entire party though as mentioned by people, it's way too late.
http://www.youtube.com/rvlast
^My channel. Please visit and all that jazz. Also if you like, go subscribe to it.

User Info: Knux19

Knux19
2 months ago#6
Cashino0 posted...

Knux19 posted...

After you get Rain back, though, this becomes worthless because it's far more efficient to full recover an Exhaust tank.

Good point! Don't think I had any main pilots with Daunt, but that would've been way more cost effective if I did.
Pants are not a "group activity"

User Info: Nidtendofreak

Nidtendofreak
2 months ago#7
Not going to lie, I forget the Supporter Commands exist most of the time and pretty much never use them.
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.

User Info: KaelAltreul

KaelAltreul
2 months ago#8
Nidtendofreak posted...
Not going to lie, I forget the Supporter Commands exist most of the time and pretty much never use them.

This.

User Info: Ichiigo

Ichiigo
2 months ago#9
Nidtendofreak posted...

User Info: Irrelevant

Irrelevant
2 months ago#10
I like the support commands. A neat way to have a few more characters contribute in a way without a mech suit.
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8513/guyversfightmc1.gif
Snesman64 and I are brothers stop being surprised.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. Your favorite and least favorite Supporter Commands
  • Topic Archived