You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. Mazinger Zero and Mazin Emperor G were mistakes

User Info: Ultori

Ultori
1 month ago#41
Irrelevant posted...
I'm certainly enjoying stuff like seeing more of adult Shiro, loved that in the movie, and just how they seem to be trying to fit everything into one universe so far so Kouji and Tetsuya really are veterans now. While I was a bit disappointed with the amount of attacks Mazinger Z got they do look cool.

I also enjoy adult Shiro. I used to use kid version of him a bunch in GBA days for variety's sake.

Since BB will certainly reuse infinity a bunch in future installment, having small amount of attacks now and add more of them later to keeps fans happy will probably be its standard practice.
Who am I? Ladies, I'm your worst nightmare. A pumpkin with guns.
- Mervyn Pumpkinhead

User Info: SazukeEX

SazukeEX
1 month ago#42
Storm20191 posted...
masterman97 posted...
Mazinger and Great from Infinity were boring throughout the entire game. They’re so grounded imaginatively and a super downgrade. Like, I get what they’re going for but I dunno if I like it. I hope they evolve and get cooler stuff down the line.

Zero, Kaiser, Shin, and Emperor made you feel powerful and badass; eviscerating enemies left and right with ridiculous attacks. That’s what this series should be about...leave the boring stuff for most of the Real Robots. So here’s hoping there’s a Super Infinity or something later on.

-Gunbuster kicks 700 explosions out of an enemy.
-Dunbine collides into you and takes you through actual time and hyperspace and explodes you in another world.
-GaoGaiGar summons handyman tools and turns you into actual light.
-G Gundam fires a Spirit Kamehameha and then grabs you with a Heat Hand to explode you.
-Shin Getter Lord charges a shining cataclysm ball and shoots it at you which causes...the cataclysm.
-Dann of Thursday creates an energy blade that’s 4000 miles long to saw into you then proceeds to cut the living lightshow out of you with its own sword.

Meanwhile...
“Hello I’m regular ole’ Mazinger! Have a beam and some missiles as my final attack for 95% of the game while everyone else gets the actual cool s***. Zero and Kaiser? Nah, they’re gone now. It’s just me! Emperor? No, it’s gone too. But...my uncle Great is just like me but he can shoot lightning! Wait...what do you mean you’re ‘benching’ us?”

I get it that everybody enjoys Shin Mazinger, Emperor G and even Mazinger Zero. I like them too. But let's be real honest here. So far all I've seen is a few whiners b****ing and complaining that Mazinger Z Infinity is not like Zero and the others mentioned but Shin Mazinger has been shoving down our throats ever since Z2-1, Z2-2,Z3-1,Z3-2, V and X and it gets tiring really quick. I honestly think It's refreshing seeing the original Mazinger z and Great Mazinger for a change.Mazinger will always be Mazinger no matter what versions. So do yourselves all a favor and quit your b****ing and get over yourselves.

It's a good thing you don't read Japanese as it isn't just a minority that were disappointed with Inifinity units after receiving Zero, Kaiser, and Emperor.

Shiro has like only 2 attacks while Z and Great are just straight boring compared to other cast members like Gunbuster. While Zero, Kaiser, and Emperor were the show stealers with how amazing they are
FE:Fates - MyCastle: Birthright ~ Rare Skills
~ 12514-29694-66068-57372
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Storm20191

Storm20191
1 month ago#43
SazukeEX posted...
Storm20191 posted...
masterman97 posted...
Mazinger and Great from Infinity were boring throughout the entire game. They’re so grounded imaginatively and a super downgrade. Like, I get what they’re going for but I dunno if I like it. I hope they evolve and get cooler stuff down the line.

Zero, Kaiser, Shin, and Emperor made you feel powerful and badass; eviscerating enemies left and right with ridiculous attacks. That’s what this series should be about...leave the boring stuff for most of the Real Robots. So here’s hoping there’s a Super Infinity or something later on.

-Dunbine collides into you and takes you through actual time and hyperspace and explodes you in another world.
-G Gundam fires a Spirit Kamehameha and then grabs you with a Heat Hand to explode you.
-Shin Getter Lord charges a shining cataclysm ball and shoots it at you which causes...the cataclysm.
-Dann of Thursday creates an energy blade that’s 4000 miles long to saw into you then proceeds to cut the living lightshow out of you with its own sword.

Meanwhile...
“Hello I’m regular ole’ Mazinger! Have a beam and some missiles as my final attack for 95% of the game while everyone else gets the actual cool s***. Zero and Kaiser? Nah, they’re gone now. It’s just me! Emperor? No, it’s gone too. But...my uncle Great is just like me but he can shoot lightning! Wait...what do you mean you’re ‘benching’ us?”

I get it that everybody enjoys Shin Mazinger, Emperor G and even Mazinger Zero. I like them too. But let's be real honest here. So far all I've seen is a few whiners b****ing and complaining that Mazinger Z Infinity is not like Zero and the others mentioned but Shin Mazinger has been shoving down our throats ever since Z2-1, Z2-2,Z3-1,Z3-2, V and X and it gets tiring really quick. I honestly think It's refreshing seeing the original Mazinger z and Great Mazinger for a change.Mazinger will always be Mazinger no matter what versions. So do yourselves all a favor and quit your b****ing and get over yourselves.

It's a good thing you don't read Japanese as it isn't just a minority that were disappointed with Inifinity units after receiving Zero, Kaiser, and Emperor.

Shiro has like only 2 attacks while Z and Great are just straight boring compared to other cast members like Gunbuster. While Zero, Kaiser, and Emperor were the show stealers with how amazing they are

But there's a main difference. Mazinger Z infinity takes place 10 years after the series of both Z and Great so both robots are the true classics forms and besides we've been getting Shin Mazinger for several years now. Now It's about time we enjoy the Real Mazingers.
3DS FC: 3540-3356-9415 2nd 3DS FC: 2638-0834-9119
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: SuperCy

SuperCy
1 month ago#44
salvadorfranz posted...
So, I'm guessing people think the aesthetics between the over the top Mazinger Zero, Mazinkaiser, and Mazin Emperor G overshadows the somewhat down-to-earth Mazinger and Great Mazinger Infinity versions? I mean we've had these basic moves for decades before the Shin series decided to amp it up to insane levels so...

Z and Great arn't exaclty down to earth in Infinity to be honest. Hell Great is fighting on screen for like a minute in the movie and is visualy more impressive than Zero and Emperor G (even if it's canalogicly not meant to be as powerful as them).

I mean it whipes out hundreds of kikaiju in one thunder break, makes massive mile high walls of fire with breats burn ect.
While alot of the animations in T do their source material justice, one could argue that's not the case for the Mazinger Infinity cast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S7VM2dR3yQ
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: KazeKoichi

KazeKoichi
1 month ago#45
This video gives me Metroid: Other M vietnam flashbacks.
Puru: I want to play with balls again! Laura, let's take a bath together.
Laura (nervous): How come you're putting these two phrases together?

User Info: BillbertGundam

BillbertGundam
1 month ago#46
I'll never use any Mazinger anyway, but seeing Ryoma, Kouji and Amuro trash talking each other as old buddies feels like an appreciation to the holy trinity. That and I really hate Akabane's annoying voice. So Infinity is already better than Shin.
Sophitia confirmed for SCVI!!

User Info: SazukeEX

SazukeEX
1 month ago#47
Storm20191 posted...
SazukeEX posted...
Storm20191 posted...
masterman97 posted...

Meanwhile...

But there's a main difference. Mazinger Z infinity takes place 10 years after the series of both Z and Great so both robots are the true classics forms and besides we've been getting Shin Mazinger for several years now. Now It's about time we enjoy the Real Mazingers.

True classics? Maybe, but still highly unimpressive and much weaker than Zero, Kaiser, Emperor, SKL, and even Shin Z and Great.
FE:Fates - MyCastle: Birthright ~ Rare Skills
~ 12514-29694-66068-57372
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: TsunamiFox

TsunamiFox
1 month ago#48
SazukeEX posted...
Storm20191 posted...
SazukeEX posted...
Storm20191 posted...
masterman97 posted...

Meanwhile...

True classics? Maybe, but still highly unimpressive and much weaker than Zero, Kaiser, Emperor, SKL, and even Shin Z and Great.

Oi vey we get it. This is another one of your weird hate boners and you want to flog the people who don't hate the things you hate.
3DS FC: 0344-9288-2062, PSN: Blood_Wizard
Currently Playing: Hearthstone (always Hearthstone)

User Info: SuperCy

SuperCy
1 month ago#49
SazukeEX posted...
Storm20191 posted...
SazukeEX posted...
Storm20191 posted...
masterman97 posted...

Meanwhile...

Urm infity's version of Z and Great have way more impressive feats than Shin's version of Z. The only thing Shin mas over them is the big bang punch.

User Info: Romaji

Romaji
1 month ago#50
The kaizers ruined classic for me too. Barely even using Great so far.

And it isn't like having them means you can't have the classics too. You coild switch back any time in X if you wanted.
Generic Signature
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. Mazinger Zero and Mazin Emperor G were mistakes