You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. Mazinger Zero and Mazin Emperor G were mistakes
(message deleted)

User Info: KaelAltreul

KaelAltreul
1 month ago#32
Genuinely loved infinity and a lot of it was seeing a new character dynamic with the older and more mature cast.

User Info: masterman97

masterman97
1 month ago#33
Mazinger and Great from Infinity were boring throughout the entire game. They’re so grounded imaginatively and a super downgrade. Like, I get what they’re going for but I dunno if I like it. I hope they evolve and get cooler stuff down the line.

Zero, Kaiser, Shin, and Emperor made you feel powerful and badass; eviscerating enemies left and right with ridiculous attacks. That’s what this series should be about...leave the boring stuff for most of the Real Robots. So here’s hoping there’s a Super Infinity or something later on.

-Gunbuster kicks 700 explosions out of an enemy.
-Dunbine collides into you and takes you through actual time and hyperspace and explodes you in another world.
-GaoGaiGar summons handyman tools and turns you into actual light.
-G Gundam fires a Spirit Kamehameha and then grabs you with a Heat Hand to explode you.
-Shin Getter Lord charges a shining cataclysm ball and shoots it at you which causes...the cataclysm.
-Dann of Thursday creates an energy blade that’s 4000 miles long to saw into you then proceeds to cut the living lightshow out of you with its own sword.

Meanwhile...
“Hello I’m regular ole’ Mazinger! Have a beam and some missiles as my final attack for 95% of the game while everyone else gets the actual cool s***. Zero and Kaiser? Nah, they’re gone now. It’s just me! Emperor? No, it’s gone too. But...my uncle Great is just like me but he can shoot lightning! Wait...what do you mean you’re ‘benching’ us?”
I finally found my keys! I looked all over my house but they were actually right here on the counter! Silly me!
(message deleted)

User Info: saltedham

saltedham
1 month ago#35
DASchenk85 posted...
Mazinger Infinity kinda sucked

and not because of the mech designs or the fights

i didnt like it cause koji stopped piloting.
(X)_(X)
SUSANO'O!!!!!
(message deleted)

User Info: salvadorfranz

salvadorfranz
1 month ago#37
So, I'm guessing people think the aesthetics between the over the top Mazinger Zero, Mazinkaiser, and Mazin Emperor G overshadows the somewhat down-to-earth Mazinger and Great Mazinger Infinity versions? I mean we've had these basic moves for decades before the Shin series decided to amp it up to insane levels so...
http://www.youtube.com/rvlast
^My channel. Please visit and all that jazz. Also if you like, go subscribe to it.

User Info: SenkoHakuZero

SenkoHakuZero
1 month ago#38
I also think this is the first time that the srw "trinity" has been written together, with Amuro\Kouji\Ryoma knowing each other the way they do in a long time.

Don't really see how ZERO and the like were mistakes compared to Infinity when they are just different. ZERO might have taken a lot of the budget in V, but it also took much of the difficulty out of an already easy game when you got it..which the TC will never shut up about so not sure why he's complaining about a non absurd and more reasonable strength Mazinger line.

User Info: KaelAltreul

KaelAltreul
1 month ago#39
SenkoHakuZero posted...
I also think this is the first time that the srw "trinity" has been written together, with Amuro\Kouji\Ryoma knowing each other the way they do in a long time.

Don't really see how ZERO and the like were mistakes compared to Infinity when they are just different. ZERO might have taken a lot of the budget in V, but it also took much of the difficulty out of an already easy game when you got it..which the TC will never shut up about so not sure why he's complaining about a non absurd and more reasonable strength Mazinger line.

I absolutely loved the Amuro/Kouji/Ryouma old war buddies angle.

User Info: Irrelevant

Irrelevant
1 month ago#40
I'm certainly enjoying stuff like seeing more of adult Shiro, loved that in the movie, and just how they seem to be trying to fit everything into one universe so far so Kouji and Tetsuya really are veterans now. While I was a bit disappointed with the amount of attacks Mazinger Z got they do look cool.
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8513/guyversfightmc1.gif
Snesman64 and I are brothers stop being surprised.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. Mazinger Zero and Mazin Emperor G were mistakes