You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. Early impressions

User Info: cherrielux

cherrielux
3 weeks ago#41
On stage 40 now, I would say it's mixed for me. I love the early game balanced difficulty but by the mid 20s the game started to be a cakewalk again.

In terms of characters though, the OG is a lot more entertaining than both V and X. Both Tyranado and Gespenst are good units, tho Tyranado and the upgrade is a bit lacking in the animation department. And some of the work talk by Sagiri is really relatable too.

The lack of attacks and units overall bothers me a tiny wee bit but otherwise its serviceable. Some plot spoilers ahead for Gunbuster, Infinity and Cowboy Bebop. Gunbuster.. Is a bit of a mess. They started the story from after Smith's death but they never showed Noriko reaching any low point so her big "comeback" moment of courage was just really bland.

No Boss Borot? Really? After what was one of the most hyped points in the movie? All the Mazinger units are a bit of a letdown in terms of animations, but they're still really good units.

A bit dissapointed that they did so less with Cowboy Bebop, with no mention on what one would feel like potential cross over plot beats like how Spike's got his body was reconstructed like Van's and Guy's, or how Faye has no memories. They could have done wonders with that, for example having her regain her memories bit by bit after seeing the veteran heroes in action and getting another summon attack as a result. But the Swordfish is one of the best support attackers in the game so..its fine I guess.

And God please, I am sure there are more Getter than just Armageddon.

User Info: superobo4ever

superobo4ever
3 weeks ago#42
cherrielux posted...
On stage 40 now, I would say it's mixed for me. I love the early game balanced difficulty but by the mid 20s the game started to be a cakewalk again.

obviously these games are just getting easier and easier with all the *** system things added.

so you should join the no upgrades/TacP/items/etc runs club then.. I swear SRW X under these conditions is amazing.. can't wait for my T runs. xD
SRW T rider G7 Hype!

User Info: shiro ashta

shiro ashta
3 weeks ago#43
Newtype1993 posted...
kenshin007 posted...
For some reason I really disliked X. I dropped it around the time the MC got her attack upgrade with the new theme song. So far in T, I'm liking it as much as V but the translation quality seems to have gone downhill from the previous 2 games. Nowhere close to moon dwellers but noticeably a downgrade.

I've noticed the same thing like shin getter has a getter laser attack in it's list but it's actually getter razor which is spelt correctly in attack lines

Also Crossbone X1's attack "Screw Web"? Shouldn't it be "Screw Whip"?
Currently playing: Monster Hunter World (PC), Yakuza Kiwami (PC)
Backlog: Valkyria Chronicles 4 (PC), Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate (Switch)

User Info: Taiwee

Taiwee
3 weeks ago#44
I’m somewhat impressed with the roster and the new animation, however, I’m disappointed with some designs. Arcadia was a big let down, I was expecting a Yamato treatment. G Gundam and Van gets no love. Domon is missing most of his signature move set, and Van was plain boring. The system is basically same as V. There too many recycle material. If we are going to reuse old material, at least give them one new attack. And where is gespenst signature inazama kick and jet magnum.

There are many unexpected new elements, but it is also missing a bunch expected stuff. 7/10 so far

User Info: kazuma8888

kazuma8888
3 weeks ago#45
Taiwee posted...
I’m somewhat impressed with the roster and the new animation, however, I’m disappointed with some designs. Arcadia was a big let down, I was expecting a Yamato treatment. G Gundam and Van gets no love. Domon is missing most of his signature move set, and Van was plain boring. The system is basically same as V. There too many recycle material. If we are going to reuse old material, at least give them one new attack. And where is gespenst signature inazama kick and jet magnum.

There are many unexpected new elements, but it is also missing a bunch expected stuff. 7/10 so far

genspenst is based on the original not the modern ones, it doesn't have those attacks

as for g gundam those combination and other missing elements will come next SRW
FC 5343-8354-9884
pokemon x IGN:Lyz pokemon y IGN:Megami

User Info: Taiwee

Taiwee
3 weeks ago#46
kazuma8888 posted...
Taiwee posted...

genspenst is based on the original not the modern ones, it doesn't have those attacks

The so call original ones comes with jet magnum

User Info: Cashino0

Cashino0
3 weeks ago#47
Taiwee posted...

Jet Magnum only became standard equipment with the MP Mark II.
The original version from Hero Chronicles&4 (and the Mark II from 4) didn't have it.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: kazuma8888

kazuma8888
3 weeks ago#48
Taiwee posted...
kazuma8888 posted...
Taiwee posted...

according to the source Gespenst MK II M is the 1st one to have it not the original
FC 5343-8354-9884
pokemon x IGN:Lyz pokemon y IGN:Megami

User Info: hashishtemasu

hashishtemasu
3 weeks ago#49
Just finished it. The last stage was kinda exciting for me, which made up for 3 before it (I wasn't able to unlock the secret scenario).

I wonder if DyGaian is really the (or a prototype of the) 4th DGG. I think it needs a repaint if this is true.

User Info: cherrielux

cherrielux
3 weeks ago#50
Taiwee posted...

This is exactly my feeling. But I have to say G got the most love, even with all the missing stuff. I understand the sentiment tho.

But one thing for sure the, majority of the new cutins are really next level in this game.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. Early impressions