You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. Secret Thread: (Spoilers abound, enter at your own risk)

User Info: Hiiragawa

Hiiragawa
4 weeks ago#1
With the game almost out, it's time to bring the Secret Thread up!

I don't see Rockman around, so I figure it's fine if someone else create the topic instead. Spoilers abound obviously, so consider yourself warned. Just a side note that I won't be around here much, so anyone is free to manage the thread (assuming there are plenty of secrets in this game lol).

With that being said, the first info is a secret scenario!
Secret Scenario: Make Friends with Justice and Courage
Unlocks: After stage 11
Notes: Condition unknown. Possibly related to Van.
Also known as HentaRobot in some other sites

User Info: starbolt13

starbolt13
4 weeks ago#2
Not sure how reliable this info is, but some channer did two full runs of the game (jesus christ) and according to them did not get a single secret unit. Only secret scenarios.

Unless he somehow managed to get every secret unit in the game on his first run without a guide, there may be next to no secret units in the game. I personally don't believe it though.

User Info: superobo4ever

superobo4ever
4 weeks ago#3
there isn't secret units then. only IF route. :P
SRW T rider G7 Hype!

User Info: Sans Pants

Sans Pants
4 weeks ago#4
Unless he somehow managed to get every secret unit in the game on his first run without a guide, there may be next to no secret units in the game.

It's also possible he never bothered to check for convince commands or special conversations.
Scarlet sky is falling down, bury me six feet under.

starbolt13
4 weeks ago#5
Sans Pants posted...
Unless he somehow managed to get every secret unit in the game on his first run without a guide, there may be next to no secret units in the game.

It's also possible he never bothered to check for convince commands or special conversations.

That is true. Though that would mean secret units don't auto join within the first two runs. Unsure if that's a change that's already been happening and I'm just slow.

-edit-

Going deeper through all the /m/ threads and the guy's claims might be getting poked with holes somewhat. Ple is apparently a secret character and Mashmyre appears to be route specific (joins at 36B)
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: jesseCheech

jesseCheech
4 weeks ago#6
starbolt13 posted...
Not sure how reliable this info is, but some channer did two full runs of the game (jesus christ) and according to them did not get a single secret unit. Only secret scenarios.

Unless he somehow managed to get every secret unit in the game on his first run without a guide, there may be next to no secret units in the game. I personally don't believe it though.

It's because some of the secrets aren't usually secrets...

Elepo Ple is a secret

But yeah, we don't know for sure yet. It ended up that the two runs guy actually didn't have the game and he was just posting two different runs from two different people on his site.
PSN: F1R3PHO3N1X
Haven't you heard? The bird is the word.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

starbolt13
4 weeks ago#7
jesseCheech posted...
starbolt13 posted...

It's because some of the secrets aren't usually secrets...

Elepo Ple is a secret

But yeah, we don't know for sure yet. It ended up that the two runs guy actually didn't have the game and he was just posting two different runs from two different people on his site.

Just found this out, yeah. I thought it would have been absurd to have a game without a single secret unit.

User Info: Sundercles

Sundercles
4 weeks ago#8
Not sure how much time I’ll have to play, but I did get expedited shipping so hopefully I can at least help verify.

Anyone who gets a special scenario, please post the characters the scenario focuses on for story. That should help us figure out how to trigger them.

As a general rule of thumb for newbies to secret discovery, finish off bosses with characters from the same series. Also it doesn’t actually cost a turn to check if you can “Persuade” and enemy. Just move next to them and if “Persuade” doesn’t pop up just cancel your movement.
Favorite series: Super Robot Wars, Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem, Tales, Megami Tensei, FF (I-X), Suikoden, Lunar, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, SoulCal, and more!

User Info: cherrielux

cherrielux
4 weeks ago#9
Playing it now. I wonder if the amount of Special Order unlocked will also contribute to the IF route. Already missed one after it being introduced in the 2nd chapter heh.

Edit: So far they don't tell you what will unlock a Special Order other than "demonstrate the values if the VTX Company". One of the values was "people are treasure" but I doubt it's anything that arbitrary though.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Torchman

Torchman
4 weeks ago#10
starbolt13 posted...
Sans Pants posted...

That is true. Though that would mean secret units don't auto join within the first two runs. Unsure if that's a change that's already been happening and I'm just slow.

-edit-

Going deeper through all the /m/ threads and the guy's claims might be getting poked with holes somewhat. Ple is apparently a secret character and Mashmyre appears to be route specific (joins at 36B)

Yesssss my boy Mash is back. Still Zaku III Custom I assume? He's not rocking Hamma Hamma?
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. Secret Thread: (Spoilers abound, enter at your own risk)