You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. How do you feel about T's take on Getter Robo Armageddon? *Spoilers*

User Info: SilverCrono

SilverCrono
1 month ago#11
TsunamiFox posted...
They should use Devolution at some point.

This would be cool, but if there's backlash with PoD!Akito, people would hate Devolution. It's pretty dark & edgy.

Well in hindsight the two are quite different. Idk. What do others think?
9 9 9

User Info: BillbertGundam

BillbertGundam
1 month ago#12
They should use Getter Robo Daikessen next time. Plenty of cool units there.
Sophitia confirmed for SCVI!!

User Info: Q80Warlock

Q80Warlock
1 month ago#13
My only issue with Armageddon is the Invaders along with Stinger and Cohen are utter trash compared to Dinosaur and Hyakki Empire baddies.

As for 'Shin Vs Neo' beside the dramatic opening scene and the catchy theme, the OVA isn't that good Getter fans love the original characters and they barely had anything to do in that show.

I've read a few chapters of Devolution it's really great but considering SRW helps in boosting featured series merchandise sales I doubt we'll see a fully featured manga in the game there might be a chance of having the units from the manga just like Shin Mazinger Zero.

User Info: Seraphil

Seraphil
1 month ago#14
I'm already sick of Armageddon. More Shin vs. Neo or New Getter please.
The Sankt Kaiser wills it

User Info: R1kai

R1kai
1 month ago#15
Daikessen is a big change adding it in the srw lineup, Did'nt expect them to include that and maybe if they can add Getter Emperor in the next installment of srw.

We would also need another OG game :( its been 3-4 years already

User Info: DeltaSilver88

DeltaSilver88
1 month ago#16
SilverCrono posted...
TsunamiFox posted...
They should use Devolution at some point.

This would be cool, but if there's backlash with PoD!Akito, people would hate Devolution. It's pretty dark & edgy.

Well in hindsight the two are quite different. Idk. What do others think?

I'm rooting for Devolution. I've started buying the English translation of the manga, and I've caught up with the newest chapters... the story keeps getting cooler every month.

That gigantic (though imperfect) Emperor? And the six-member Getter?

Yeah, I love how they went all out with the plot. They have adult (real) and teenage ("physical data") versions of Ryoma, Hayato and Benkei piloting Getter together, and they do a "six heart" Stoner Sunshine into the Emperor's face.

I really hope Go and Gai end up piloting the disassembled Dragon, and find a third team member (Michiru?). Then we can eventually have a nine-person Shine Spark.
...I became a Super Robot Wars fangirl without playing the games. Bite me.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Mana Naito

Mana Naito
1 month ago#17
New Getter in SRW Neo was pretty cool, its ending would have been a good fit for X.
[SPEED UP] - [MISSILE] - [DOUBLE] - [LASER] - [OPTION] - [?] - [!]

User Info: Cashino0

Cashino0
1 month ago#18
The new stuff was cool enough I suppose, but it feels like they're just desperately trying to keep Armageddon in there because they don't want to use use the 70s versions anymore but Getter is typically expected.

There's a bigger issue in that the other recent iterations of Getter have their share of problems
New: the characters are significantly wilder than even Armageddon that'd end up getting watered down, but at that point they might as well use Armageddon.
Neo: Ryouma isn't a pilot, overall power scaling is a lot lower that can make things kind of lackluster.

Armageddon provides a convenient mix of an STMC-like "big" threat to humanity (and an equally big power to fight it) while having a Getter team that's grittier than the 70s version but still good at the core.

It's also worth mentioning that how Shin Getter Dragon gets acquired and the scenes related to it is very similar to some scenes in the original manga Musashi and Saotome becoming one with Getter is typical, but Musashi having a moment of Enlightenment regarding Getter right before said scene with a lot of Ishikawa-style lines, which can be taken as them trying to add more manga and other material points to Getter in SRW while using Armageddon as a base. Hell, T's take of Armageddon can be summed up as "Armageddon in name only" in terms of plot at this point.
This is fundamentally similar to them adding ZERO to Shin Mazinger in V and X or Demonbane in UX which used some elements of the original game with the anime as a base (except UX is hard to use as an example due to it being exceptional for a lot of reasons).

Beyond everything, the loss of Ishikawa sucked a lot of drive out of Getter as a whole. A lot of the recent and continuous activity with Mazinger Z could likely be attributed to Go Nagai still being alive.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: ZodiacSoldier

ZodiacSoldier
1 month ago#19
I still haven't gotten my copy yet (damn you play asia), but I honestly never watched it so I dont think I will be as attached to it as some of the other series like Rayearth, Gundams, Bebop (heard it was implemented horribly though) and Gun x Sword
Steam: ZodiacSolder // i5-8600K // Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E // EVGA RTX 2080 XC
PSN/XBox: ZodiacSoldierJL // 3DS FC: 3797-9082-8623 // Switch FC: SW-6184-3549-7403

User Info: Q80Warlock

Q80Warlock
1 month ago#20
Cashino0 posted...
New: the characters are significantly wilder than even Armageddon that'd end up getting watered down, but at that point they might as well use Armageddon.
Neo: Ryouma isn't a pilot, overall power scaling is a lot lower that can make things kind of lackluster.

I agree Armageddon beats New in everything also New got this weird art style and barely any Getter upgrades.

I wouldn't mind SRW changing "Neo vs Shin" plot and making OG Getter and pilots playable contradicting the Anime events. Hell if they can disgard Armageddons next-gen pilots why not the opposite for "Neo Vs Shin".
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Wars T
  3. How do you feel about T's take on Getter Robo Armageddon? *Spoilers*