• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Degrees of Separation
  3. A gorgeous game with simple-yet-rewarding mechanics

User Info: UGOTSHERVED

UGOTSHERVED
1 year ago#1
I really love this game, and I cannot recommend it enough. I don't want to say too much, especially if you know nothing about it and are just going off a gut feeling.

Follow your gut -- you definitely won't miss that $20.

The game is very visually stunning and clever (I LOVE the fast-travel mechanic between checkpoints). I will never get over how cool the transition effect is when Ember and Rime jump over each other. We're playing it co-op right now, and we find ourselves playing leapfrog every few minutes.

We're not super far into it -- maybe 2 hours -- but it feels like this is going to be a solid 8-10 hour experience. So if the cost-to-length ratio is something you're worried about, it's pretty fair.

I haven't experienced any mind-blowing puzzles yet, but there are definitely a few "Oh damn, that's cool!" moments.

Sorry if this is a relatively vague review, but I really do recommend going into this not knowing a whole lot. The mechanic the game is based around is both lovely from a narrative perspective and brilliant from a gameplay perspective. The platforming isn't punishing like in Celeste or a secondary mechanic like in Wandersong. Probably most closely resembles Limbo or Inside.

Highly, highly recommended. I can't wait to play more and see how it unfolds!
I am Error.

User Info: cyberthato

cyberthato
4 months ago#2
Maybe it’s a vague review, but you convinced me to buy it :-)
  1. Boards
  2. Degrees of Separation
  3. A gorgeous game with simple-yet-rewarding mechanics
  • Post New Message
More topics from this board...
Secret candlesDARVIdD222/21/2019

GameFAQs Q&A