You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Epic Seven
  3. What's the longevity of this game?

User Info: sheeshbeesh

sheeshbeesh
1 week ago#1
How long do you guys see this game lasting? I don't want to invest in something that's not gonna last atleast for awhile
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: OdaNobuna

OdaNobuna
1 week ago#2
The developers want to keep it for 20 years. But the longevity will depend on good updates coming regularly. 20 years seems absurd though.
Playing: Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru - Dawn of the Golden Witch; Epic Seven; Dragalia Lost; The Legend of Zelda: BotW; Kancolle.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: gotohades

gotohades
1 week ago#3
I'm fairly confident the game will last for a nice amount of time. The community is active, both in its positivity and negativity towards the game, and the developers are actively updating and adding things to the game to increase the quality of life.

Of course, there are numerous glaring issues with the game, but they seem to be trying to fix some of them for the most part. The gear RNG when leveling gear is more predictable for lower rarity gear now. It was a relatively small improvement, but it added a very positive change to the gear system. Thay also updated all level 85 gear to have the max stat potential on its main stat regardless of rarity, which was another big change imo. Lower rarity gear is actually worth using now, especially on off heroes.

That's just one example of course, but while there are more issues with the RNG than there are solutions right now it shows to me that they're willing to look at it and make the fixes to it.

Aside from the community beating the "better gear RNG" horse to death, the devs are pretty responsive to issues and concerns that the community brings up as well. When Tamarinne first released she was a complete joke character. A week later she gets a buff and suddenly becomes one of the best units in the game. They knew they released a garbage character, and they fixed her. Simple as that.

Again, that's just a single example but there are more out there. The game has the support, both from the community and the developers, to go a long way imo, and if they continue to update and balance the problems the game currently has then I see no reason why it won't last.

This is just my opinion though. Some people are basically at a point where the gear RNG is pushing them away from the game, and to be fair that's a completely valid criticism to have. For the most part though, I do think the game is going in a positive direction.
I'm an entitled Final Fantasy Brave Exvius player according to user TigerNightmare.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Genius_Sage

Genius_Sage
1 week ago#4
I think the gear RNG is too much and players will very slowly leave, I’m not even confident people are actually significantly engaging in endgame activities, as I hear content creators ocassionally nagging players to do events fir catalysts and what not, but unless you are geared enough to do hell on events it will take forever to clean out the shop. That leads me to believe people are logging on mainly to pull characters? Worse possible message to send them honestly.

There’s a disconnect with content creators and a lot of players where there is this assumption that everyone will have the same experience and pace to progress in the game, hell a lot of the guides I read assume people have pulled a handful of rare characters which an insanely stupid way to construct a guide, especially when new people may come in later and some of these characters may not be possible to pull (being limited).

The crafting needs to be more controllable and needs to have been fixed yesterday, but they are taking their time slowly changing things here and there. Issues are addressed vaguely at best from what I’ve seen.

If some big new mobile comes out that’ll probably make things worse.
FC - 4639-8953-6150

User Info: VictourieFlake

VictourieFlake
1 week ago#5
Genius_Sage posted...
I think the gear RNG is too much and players will very slowly leave

gotohades posted...

Some people are basically at a point where the gear RNG is pushing them away from the game,

Already did so myself despite having godlike roster. 14-15 unique 5 star units (Including Ruele and ML Ken) and 26-27 unique 4* units.

Good signs of a developer is when they make every status effect viable and not just make the new enemies immune to them when they did a poor balancing job in the 1st place.

Genius_Sage posted...

Market share easily goes up and down so I won't be surprise when it happens if Smile Gate goes on with their normal routine.

User Info: eviltims

eviltims
1 week ago#6
OdaNobuna posted...
The developers want to keep it for 20 years. But the longevity will depend on good updates coming regularly. 20 years seems absurd though.

20 years yea that is crazy. I can play until I am a old man then

User Info: I_am_boss

I_am_boss
1 week ago#7
My only prob in this game is the amount of gold earned vs expenses like switching gears around, fun game otherwise but to keep the game going for 20 years seems a bit too absurd.
Currently playing: FGO, Epic 7, pokemon go, pokemon let's go Evee
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Alpha_MaIe

Alpha_MaIe
1 week ago#8
VictourieFlake posted...
Genius_Sage posted...
I think the gear RNG is too much and players will very slowly leave

gotohades posted...

Some people are basically at a point where the gear RNG is pushing them away from the game,

Already did so myself despite having godlike roster. 14-15 unique 5 star units (Including Ruele and ML Ken) and 26-27 unique 4* units.

Good signs of a developer is when they make every status effect viable and not just make the new enemies immune to them when they did a poor balancing job in the 1st place.

Genius_Sage posted...

Market share easily goes up and down so I won't be surprise when it happens if Smile Gate goes on with their normal routine.

Good riddance. You were whiny, entitled brat like the majority of this board. This must've been your rpg because you most likely can count on one hand the number of games that made every status effect viable. And don't act like you left because of gear rng when the real reason was because you didn't know to to farm for gold efficiently. Maybe you should've took the time to learn how to play the game instead of just rushing to the end like you were in a race. Bet you didn't even reset your account when you left. All that's left now is Lass3k.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: OdaNobuna

OdaNobuna
1 week ago#9
Gear RNG was reduced with the last big update. Now even trash tier gear has the same base status as epic gear, and the fact that you'll get upgrade to substatus before getting new status for inferior gear, makes them a lot, a lot better.

The biggest problem with gear right now are boots and acessories. (acessories got a little better with them being added to hunts)

Even with all the RNG, all characters I use have at least decent gear and I don't farm hunts like crazy. Well, look at my Lidica (btw, I never swap gear between heroes):

https://i.imgtc.com/cM5eFkz.jpg
Playing: Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru - Dawn of the Golden Witch; Epic Seven; Dragalia Lost; The Legend of Zelda: BotW; Kancolle.

User Info: bakasora

bakasora
1 week ago#10
Typically 2-3 years until it gets stale.
and FFXIII is garbage.
  1. Boards
  2. Epic Seven
  3. What's the longevity of this game?