• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mega Man 8
  3. I just realized something REALLY disappointing about this game

User Info: Exa_Man

Exa_Man
1 year ago#1
Ok. So you know how MM7 has Cloud Man? And the main dude in FF7 is named Cloud?

FF8 had Squall....so why not have a rain based robot master named Squall Man!???

Pppsssttt......stupid Capcom. Wasted opportunity, for sure! >_<

I don't think a Zidane Man would work in MM9 but maybe a Dagger Woman would. *lol*

And MM10 could've given us a Tidal Man. I hope there's an Ash Woman in MM12.
In terms of the classic Mega Man series, my preferences are:
5 > 4 > 7 > 9 > 11 > 3 > 6 > 10 > 2 > 8 > 1 > &B

User Info: DevsBro

DevsBro
1 year ago#2
I imagine 7 was a coincidence, but supposing it wasn't, MM7 is older than FF7, so if anything Cloud Strife was named after Cloud Man.

Now supposing that was the point, it would indeed be kind of amusing for MM8 to then name a RM after FF8's protagonist, but alas, MM8 also came out before FF8.
53 LIII 0b110101
p16 0x35

Exa_Man
1 year ago#3
DevsBro posted...
I imagine 7 was a coincidence, but supposing it wasn't, MM7 is older than FF7, so if anything Cloud Strife was named after Cloud Man.

Now supposing that was the point, it would indeed be kind of amusing for MM8 to then name a RM after FF8's protagonist, but alas, MM8 also came out before FF8.

True. But MM9 and MM10 came out waaay later than both FF8 and FF9. If the RM designers, Inafune and whoever in Inticreates were real Final Fantasy fans wanted to capitalize on the Cloudman/Cloud coincidence from 7 in those 2 sequels, there could've easily been a Tidal Man & Dagger Woman.

Heck. How awesome would it have been to have not just one but three robot-master women in 9!?: Splash Woman, Honey Woman AND Dagger Woman!?!?!?

But I'm still pretty happy with the one female mermaid bot we did end up having in MM9. :)
5 > 4 > 7 > 9 > 11 > 3 > 6 > 10 > 2 > 8 > 1 > &B

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
1 year ago#4
FF8 had Squall....so why not have a rain based robot master named Squall Man!???

Because that's a terrible name for a robot. And because tons of people didn't even like FF8.

They'll live.

Also why do you assume the guys who make MM games even play FF games? They're not even the same genre.

Exa_Man
1 year ago#5
Hotel_Security posted...

Because that's a terrible name for a robot. And because tons of people didn't even like FF8.

They'll live.

Also why do you assume the guys who make MM games even play FF games? They're not even the same genre.

I don't....just making a silly, amusing (and what would've been pretty coincidental) joke in reference to FF8 and FF7.

Also....FINALFANTASYRULES....FINALFANTASYRULES....FINALFANTASYRULES..... or at least it used to before Sakaguchi left. :'(
5 > 7 > 4 > 11 > 9 >10 > 6 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 8 > &B

Hotel_Security
1 year ago#6
I don't....just making a silly, amusing (and what would've been pretty coincidental) joke in reference to FF8 and FF7.

Makes sense. Just wish it was funny. ;-)

Also....FINALFANTASYRULES.

No arguments here. The last few entries haven't been quite as epic as some of the classics but they're still pretty well-made games. For as much as I rolled my eyes with the plot of FF13-2 and Lightning Returns, I still enjoyed the gameplay. Haven't tried FF15 yet but we'll get to it. Hope to find a cheap copy with all the DLC packed in.

User Info: DevsBro

DevsBro
1 year ago#7
Hotel_Security posted...

They'll live.

You don't have to have played any FF games to know who Cloud and Squall are and which games they come from. It's barely a step down from not knowing who Mario is.
53 LIII 0b110101
p16 0x35

Hotel_Security
1 year ago#8
You don't have to have played any FF games to know who Cloud and Squall are and which games they come from.

Disagree. Cloud is pretty famous but folks who don't play the games would just know he's from Final Fantasy. Disagree on Squall since him and his game weren't nearly as popular or iconic.

It's barely a step down from not knowing who Mario is.

It's not even close. Even non-gamers know who Mario is.

Exa_Man
1 year ago#9
You don't need to be a gamer (or know much at all about pokemon) to be familiar with Pikachu. And to me, Cloud is the Pikachu of Final Fantasy games and JRPGs in general.

But to be fair, there hasn't been a Final Fantasy Go craze a few years ago, nor a movie starring Cloud as a hard-boiled detective in Midgar. *lol* >=P
5 > 7 > 4 > 11 > 9 >10 > 6 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 8 > &B
(edited 1 year ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Mega Man 8
  3. I just realized something REALLY disappointing about this game
  • Post New Message

Need More Help?

1. Guides and Walkthroughs 15 Guides / Maps
  2. GameFAQs Q&A 3 Questions (3 Answered)

GameFAQs Q&A