Everyone keeps saying i pretty much slaughtered clinton park

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Deus Ex
  3. Everyone keeps saying i pretty much slaughtered clinton park

User Info: Omnipot3nt

Omnipot3nt
8 years ago#1
Wtf? "he left it like a graveyard" or "back in my day we were civilians first" everyone is either congradulating or hating me saying I killed everyone in clinton park, but the only 2 weapons I've ever used are baton and tranq darts, wtf is this? I've never killed ANYONE.

User Info: I_Usagi

I_Usagi
8 years ago#2
At that stage in the game, the AI stops distinguishing between KOs and kills. Every NSF trooper on his back counts as a de facto kill, and allied AI reacts to them as such.

Omnipot3nt
8 years ago#3
Seriously? Thats lame, whats the point in non-lethal weapons then? It makes it harder.. I like to do stealth knock outs, but it seems its 100% useless? Thats too bad. But during the first mission it said that I was being sneaky and non-lethal.. dissapointing.

Never really played this game back in the day, but I was expecting it to at least tell the difference between someone being sneaky and non-lethal to a murderer.

User Info: TheBionicRock

TheBionicRock
8 years ago#4
Actually I'm pretty sure the clinton park issue happens because it counts friendlies kills as your own. So if a group of soldiers slaughters some NSF while you're wandering around it counts as you having killed them. This seems most likely to happen if the NSF in the fort wander too close to Anna triggering a fight. I will probably test this theory on my next playthrough but I'm fairly certain it's accurate.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

User Info: BigBoct

BigBoct
8 years ago#5
It's not that the game counts allied kills as your own, it's that the check on whether you KO'd or killed them is ****ed up and considers you to have killed them if any of them are killed instead of KO'd. Shifter fixes it.

I believe the last character that the game distinguishes between a kill and a KO is Rock, the zyme dealer in the abandoned Brooklyn Bridge Station.
"The most fascinating thing is, I've seen [gotta scratch] dole out advice on women. It's like Bud Dwyer giving out handgun safety advice."
--Coolhand

User Info: Flamin_Mongoose

Flamin_Mongoose
8 years ago#6

OP it's not that it doesn't distinguish if I remember correctly. But if you go to clinton park at all. The game sees that you were there for the slaughter and counts it against you. There is a way to avoid this. You just have to find it instead of going along the path the game presents as the easiest.

Omnipot3nt
8 years ago#7
OP it's not that it doesn't distinguish if I remember correctly. But if you go to clinton park at all. The game sees that you were there for the slaughter and counts it against you. There is a way to avoid this. You just have to find it instead of going along the path the game presents as the easiest.

If you mean the back way behind the vending machine, that is what I did, still ended up as such.

User Info: BigBoct

BigBoct
8 years ago#8
Like I said, the check on whether you used lethal or non-lethal force at Castle Clinton is bugged in unmodded DX, and will consider that you used lethal force if any of them die, even if it was Anna and the troopers that killed them. The Shifter mod fixes it.
"[Kaizo Mario World] is the video game version of cutting yourself."
--Proton Jon

User Info: Tromeritus

Tromeritus
8 years ago#9
Yeah, that sucked. I didn't even know about the vending machine path, so I stood at the entrance with allies trying to figure out if I could take them out without casualties. Next thing I know, Anna draws her weapon and Rambos the damn place. I get back to HQ and the NPCs act like I'm an assassin when I never made a single shot there (I shot 2 tranq darts, which missed).

Le sigh.
[ www.freerice.com ]Every correct answer donates 10 grains of rice to UN World Food Programme.
NP: AvP 2000, Half-Life, Deus Ex, Tropico 3, Team Fortress 2

User Info: Great_Ragnarok

Great_Ragnarok
8 years ago#10
Dude use the shifter mod for this game. might also want to look up
on the HD mod. They are both compatible. and then try the path through
the vending machine. Now the game will register things properly.
and you'll get extra ammo when you speak to carter.
They have a different discussion as well where Denton makes the
criticisms on Unatco, saying Unacto isn't civilized as he imagined etc.

but yeah I agree, the consequences for taking the civilized path is minimal.
I wish there were better rewards and stuff. oh well.
  1. Boards
  2. Deus Ex
  3. Everyone keeps saying i pretty much slaughtered clinton park

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
The Deus Ex Universal FAQmetroid131953/7 9:24AM