• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2 VR
  3. How have they changed characters for the reduced speed?

User Info: Holy_forks

Holy_forks
6 months ago#1
Is Zer0 still usable as a melee when you cant run?
Is it still possible to outrun melee enemies that swarm you?
Is Axton's ADS speed glitch still in?

Actually, is there still any equipment or perks that boost movement speed? What about aim speed?

A lot of characters or builds were based around moving fast or doing things fast. Now that most of those are actually physical things or artificially capped how does the balancing even work?
MHW elitist

User Info: ImmortalDragonX

ImmortalDragonX
6 months ago#2
Holy_forks posted...
Is Zer0 still usable as a melee when you cant run?
Is it still possible to outrun melee enemies that swarm you?
Is Axton's ADS speed glitch still in?

Actually, is there still any equipment or perks that boost movement speed? What about aim speed?

A lot of characters or builds were based around moving fast or doing things fast. Now that most of those are actually physical things or artificially capped how does the balancing even work?

By default, your movement speed is a bit slow, but you can step it up in the Comfort options and it does move at a pretty decent clip, as far as I've experienced. So...to answer your questions (as best I can)...

I've not had any troubles closing in on bads to punch them in the face. Admittedly though, its not something I often do. While the game does not have a sprint button, it does have a move+teleport option that is active by default, which makes covering ground quickly a breeze. There's also BAMF time (bullet time). Bads move slower while you move at pretty much normal speed.

I've back pedaled while shooting dudes in the face without them getting close enough to hit me pretty much on the regular. That answer your question well enough?

Not familiar with this glitch. Sorry.

Dunno about the movement speed buff skill/equipment. Can't remember if any of the skills gave any. And what do you mean about aiming speed? Are you talking about about how fast you move while aiming or how fast you actually aim. If its the former, yeah, its pretty slow. If its the latter, you aim as fast as you can turn your head or hold up your arm.

All in all, combat runs smooth as silk and plays out pretty damn quick and frenetic. Its enough to certainly keep you on your toes without actually making it feel unbalanced, unfair, and overwhelming.
Insanity is a dish best served with fried rice and jello.
Youtube: ZanjitaShin. PSN: zanjita

User Info: Holy_forks

Holy_forks
6 months ago#3
ImmortalDragonX posted...
e any. And what do you mean about aiming speed? Are you talking about about how fast you move while aiming or how fast you actually aim. If its the former, yeah, its pretty slow. If its the

Im just really in the dark on how skills that specifically say "increase reticle aim speed" like Axton's "Expertise' would even work considering aiming is now done with your physical body. "Lower recoil" skills also seem kind of useless. Zer0's "At 0ne with the gun" specifically only increases accuracy while shooting from the hip (not using Aim down sights). Playing solo with Maya, a character with an entire tree designed around co-op seems pretty backwards too.

I tried looking for a full list of skill tree's but as the game only just came out and it seems returning players to the game (more than a passing interest) either have not said anything or seem to be avoiding it. Granted its really early.
MHW elitist

ImmortalDragonX
6 months ago#4
Holy_forks posted...
e any. And what do you mean about aiming speed? Are you talking about about how fast you move while aiming or how fast you actually aim. If its the former, yeah, its pretty slow. If its the

Im just really in the dark on how skills that specifically say "increase reticle aim speed" like Axton's "Expertise' would even work considering aiming is now done with your physical body. "Lower recoil" skills also seem kind of useless. Zer0's "At 0ne with the gun" specifically only increases accuracy while shooting from the hip (not using Aim down sights). Playing solo with Maya, a character with an entire tree designed around co-op seems pretty backwards too.

I tried looking for a full list of skill tree's but as the game and only just came out and it seems returning players to the game (more than a passing interest) either have not said anything or seem to be avoiding it. Granted its really early.

Recoil is actually still a thing, but it works just a wee bit differently than you would expect. Instead of your gun jumping up as it normally would, your bullet spread tends to get a lot more crazy, especially with full auto guns. There are, however, a number of skills to help with this, though I haven't gotten far enough to test the high end of it.

There is also a dedicated ADS button (left move trigger if using the move controllers, dunno about dualshock since I haven't used one yet). Without pressing it, you're basically hip firing, so any skills that buff that are still valid.

The "reticle aim speed" skill of Axton's has likely been tweaked somehow but, I really couldn't tell you how right now as I haven't even started using him as of yet.

Maya's co-op tree, and every co-op oriented skill in the game really, has been altered to suit the single-player setting. For example, her rez skill has been changed to Empathy, which I believe gives a buff to her phaselock ability, IIRC. It was either that or a buff to BAMF time. Or something...i can't remember off top of my head. Point is, its no long a co-op oriented skill! Lol

Along with those, a number of other skills recieved tweaks and/or additional abilities to them so that they will jive well with the shift in playstyle.

User Info: Larni69

Larni69
6 months ago#5
There is also a dedicated ADS button (left move trigger if using the move controllers

I saw that in the tips but it did not work for me.

Is is locked to a specific control style?
How do I change my name?

ImmortalDragonX
6 months ago#6
Larni69 posted...
There is also a dedicated ADS button (left move trigger if using the move controllers

I saw that in the tips but it did not work for me.

Is is locked to a specific control style?

No, it isn't. With anything that doesn't have a zoom function, aka the popup window, it can be rather subtle visually. The biggest indicator is your movement speed slows way down. The only changes, as far as I can tell from digging through the settings, is to set ADS as a toggle or hold the button setting.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2 VR
  3. How have they changed characters for the reduced speed?
  • Topic Archived