• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2 VR
  3. I don't get the hate, this game is awesome.

User Info: NEKORODEO

NEKORODEO
6 months ago#1
Yeah I played through it all and all the DLCs last gen, but being IN Pandora is really cool. Great controls with two move controllers as well. I tuned all the stuff to make it as close to playing as normal as possible and it's pretty awesome. I have to re acquire some of my vr legs though since I've been playing lighter stuff like Tetris Effect.

Plus, (supposedly) this game's development hasn't been a factor in developing BL3.
"Girl , you know how I feel about you. It's like you're a fossil sample, and I'm an impatient paleontologist... 'cause I wanna date you badly." -NSP

User Info: valkyriealpha

valkyriealpha
6 months ago#2
The lack of aim support is a huge turn off for some vr buffs.

The high price for basically a remaster, this thing costs as much as the handsome collection last released with only 30% of the content.

Lack of coop, dunno about you, but I spent most of my time playing through the borderlands games with friends. Other vr titles on the psvr shows that this is very doable, yet they still left it out.

Waiting for atleast aim support to be added before buying, or when its under 10 dollars. Lack of physical version was also a put off for me.

User Info: Zalitogf

Zalitogf
6 months ago#3
I am doing every single side quest and enjoying rediscovering Pandora

So good game, the only complain is that the characters look a little smaller (probably I could put my eye's height a little more down)

I dont agree with you... this game is not awesome...

this game is awesomely BADASS!
2 DS, 3DS, Nintendo Switch, PSP, Ps2, Ps4, Playstation VR, Aim Controller VR

User Info: WickedRogue

WickedRogue
6 months ago#4
Are costumes even available to get in this game farm wise? Or did they completely remove them because of VR?
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a bad game is bad forever." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Zalitogf
6 months ago#5
WickedRogue posted...
Are costumes even available to get in this game farm wise? Or did they completely remove them because of VR

they are available the skins and the heads

Seems that TVHM is available also

you cannot sit in the secondary gun of the vehicles (I never did anyway)

Man this game is just so cool

User Info: ImmortalDragonX

ImmortalDragonX
6 months ago#6
valkyriealpha posted...
I would say that is more of an issue for fans of the Aim rather than for "vr buffs". One does not need be one to be the other.

The high price for basically a remaster, this thing costs as much as the handsome collection last released with only 30% of the content.
Except that this is a remaster you stick your head into. This is also very much like how Zone of the Enders 1&2 were remastered for the PS4 and bundled for something like $40, and Z.O.E. 2 was VR'd for about $30. I still picked up the latter.

Lack of coop, dunno about you, but I spent most of my time playing through the borderlands games with friends. Other vr titles on the psvr shows that this is very doable, yet they still left it out.
While I will agree with you that it is confusing that they dropped the multiplayer aspect, I still would hardly concider this to be a deal breaker for me. Most of the games I have with co-op in them, I play solo in anyway. If Techland did either the Dead Island games or Dying Light in VR but minus co-op, I'd still get it.

Waiting for atleast aim support to be added before buying, or when its under 10 dollars. Lack of physical version was also a put off for me.
Eh...most of my games are digital anyway so that doesn't really matter to me. Still though, I can understand the preference for physical copy.

Replies in bold.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking you for your thoughts on the matter. I'm just giving you mine, is all. Apologies if that seemed to be the case since things can get a little lost in translation to text.

All in all, I do not regret pre-ordering this game in the slightest. That may or may not be at least partially influenced by the fact that I've not played a Borderlands game before and this is all completely fresh to me in both terms of perspective and the actual game itself. Then again, I played the hell out of Zone of the Enders 2 way back in its original days, and I still loved the hell out of MARS in VR because it was such a different experience.
Insanity is a dish best served with fried rice and jello.
Youtube: ZanjitaShin. PSN: zanjita

Zalitogf
6 months ago#7
quoting ImmortalDragonX:

"I've not played a Borderlands game before and this is all completely fresh to me in both terms of perspective and the actual game itself"

This is the proper way to go actually... I played BL2 on PS3 for billions of hours (also on Vita and on PS4) and I am sooo surprise that is a new game... rediscovering the maps, being there, looking to my enemies eyes, feeling how good hitting with melee is now compared to flat version

I feel almost like you, its a new game with a story that I know

You are just missing Mister Torgue (and his EXPLOSSIONSSSSSSS!!!) and also the assault to dragons keep

"BLOW UP THE OCEAN!"

User Info: WickedRogue

WickedRogue
6 months ago#8
My only disappointment is they could have easily offered Gaige the Mechromancer or Krieg the Psycho with just the main game. Even just Gaige as she came out before a majority of the DLCs.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a bad game is bad forever." - Shigeru Miyamoto

User Info: NEKORODEO

NEKORODEO
6 months ago#9
I did enjoy gaige
"Girl , you know how I feel about you. It's like you're a fossil sample, and I'm an impatient paleontologist... 'cause I wanna date you badly." -NSP

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
6 months ago#10
valkyriealpha posted...

This.

Also I mostly used the Mechromancer, who was dlc, therefore I'm assuming she's not in the vr version.

Plus I don't want to have to regrind the skins and heads again. He'll in all my years of playing, I still have NEVER seen the bunk3r drop a head.
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2 VR
  3. I don't get the hate, this game is awesome.
  • Topic Archived