You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2 VR
  3. No dlc, no cross save, and no co op. Why would anyone buy this?

User Info: Larni69

Larni69
7 months ago#11
I think this is just a cash grab to drum up some funds for BL3.
How do I change my name?

User Info: Nurbis

Nurbis
7 months ago#12
Games like this were the whole reason I got the PSVR. Literally, my first thoughts on PSVR were how awesome Borderlands, Skyrim, and Fallout would be in VR if they made them for it.
I have no idea how much effort it takes to convert a game to VR, it could be minimal or it could be very complicated. On top of that, you don't really know how much of a market there is for this so they may make this VR version that sells very little and they lose a lot of money on it. In that respect, I can understand a company limiting how much of the game they are going to convert over.
I am disappointed that none of the DLC is included and yes, it is probably overpriced by 10 to 20 dollars, but this was one of the games on top of my VR wishlist so no way I am skipping it. It isn't like the base Borderlands 2 game wasn't amazing in the first place.
I completely understand the reasoning people have for not buying this but if this doesn't do well then I doubt we get VR support on Borderlands 3.

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
7 months ago#13
Nurbis posted...
Games like this were the whole reason I got the PSVR. Literally, my first thoughts on PSVR were how awesome Borderlands, Skyrim, and Fallout would be in VR if they made them for it.
I have no idea how much effort it takes to convert a game to VR, it could be minimal or it could be very complicated. On top of that, you don't really know how much of a market there is for this so they may make this VR version that sells very little and they lose a lot of money on it. In that respect, I can understand a company limiting how much of the game they are going to convert over.
I am disappointed that none of the DLC is included and yes, it is probably overpriced by 10 to 20 dollars, but this was one of the games on top of my VR wishlist so no way I am skipping it. It isn't like the base Borderlands 2 game wasn't amazing in the first place.
I completely understand the reasoning people have for not buying this but if this doesn't do well then I doubt we get VR support on Borderlands 3.

The problem is like...yeah vr is cool, but I'm not gonna go through all that grind to level and unlock stuff, AGAIN, BY MYSELF, and not even have the variety of the dlc (ftr, I mostly used the mechromancer, who is NOT included in this version, as she was dlc). Remember that the dlc amounted to around 2/3 of the games total content.

Even the vita version, as broken as it was, at least included the first 4 dlcs (pirate, torgue, and the other 2 vault hunters)
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards

User Info: LegoLeonidas

LegoLeonidas
7 months ago#14
Degalon posted...
Nurbis posted...

The problem is like...yeah vr is cool, but I'm not gonna go through all that grind to level and unlock stuff, AGAIN, BY MYSELF, and not even have the variety of the dlc (ftr, I mostly used the mechromancer, who is NOT included in this version, as she was dlc). Remember that the dlc amounted to around 2/3 of the games total content.

Even the vita version, as broken as it was, at least included the first 4 dlcs (pirate, torgue, and the other 2 vault hunters)

Yeah, I'm definitely gonna miss Krieg and the Assault on Dragon Keep DLC. The stupidly optimistic part of me is hoping they might add in the DLC if it sells well, but the more realistic side of me says that probably won't happen.

Still probably gonna buy it. I already have the PSVR set, and I love Borderlands 2. I think for me personally, the experience will be worth the $50.
"I have nightmares about Hell, where all I do is add up numbers and try to have conversations with people like you." - Bob the Skull

User Info: hungrymike

hungrymike
6 months ago#15
Got it cuz I never play the original and I wanted a new VR experience. I feel like I got my money's worth.

User Info: Troika19

Troika19
6 months ago#16
I might have agreed with TC is Borderlands 2 vanilla wasn't already a stacked game.
Gamefaqs. Where people spend more time arguing about politics, than arguing about games. While the mods pick their arses.

User Info: Zalitogf

Zalitogf
3 months ago#17
Aim support: here
Dlcs: coming
Multiplayer: MAAAAAYYYYBEEEEEEE
2 DS, 3DS, Nintendo Switch, PSP, Ps2, Ps4, Playstation VR, Aim Controller VR

Degalon
3 months ago#18
Zalitogf posted...

I actually picked it up on sale when I heard the dlc was coming (tbh I regret it after realizing I have to choose between being able to move normally with controller or being able to aim with the move controllers. Trying to move around with the moves is a huge handicap, why aren't there thumbsticks on those things?!)

User Info: Zalitogf

Zalitogf
3 months ago#19
Degalon posted...
Zalitogf posted...

I actually picked it up on sale when I heard the dlc was coming (tbh I regret it after realizing I have to choose between being able to move normally with controller or being able to aim with the move controllers. Trying to move around with the moves is a huge handicap, why aren't there thumbsticks on those things?!)

I am used to play with DS4... I dont like with the moves, and the aim controller is kind of meh for now (my tracking gets crazy with it)

I cannot wait to get the rough rider and run like crazy with maya
2 DS, 3DS, Nintendo Switch, PSP, Ps2, Ps4, Playstation VR, Aim Controller VR

Degalon
3 months ago#20
Zalitogf posted...
Degalon posted...
Zalitogf posted...

I am used to play with DS4... I dont like with the moves, and the aim controller is kind of meh for now (my tracking gets crazy with it)

I cannot wait to get the rough rider and run like crazy with maya

The problem is playing with the ds4 kinda defeats the point of vr. Might as well just go back to the handsome collection.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2 VR
  3. No dlc, no cross save, and no co op. Why would anyone buy this?