You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2 VR
  3. No dlc, no cross save, and no co op. Why would anyone buy this?

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
7 months ago#1
You had ONE JOB GEARBOX!

ONE JOB!

There's nothing to really justify buying this.

No dlc means over half the game is missing, including 2 of the 6 vault hunters.

no cross save functionality means we have to start all over AGAIN.

No co op, despite the game being ALL ABOUT CO OP, means it's just gonna be a boring grind replaying by yourself.

And it's just borderlands 2. No BL1 nor presequel.

There's really NO excuse for any of this.

Why release this without like...all the content? The ps4 versions included all dlc? What's the excuse here? Even the Vita version at least included the two dlc hunters and the Scarlet dlc.

No cross save because....why? "It's a brand new game"? HOW? we already HAVE borderlands 2 on ps4. Only now we can look around freely and...they changed some perks because there's no co op? Which brings us to

WHY IS THERE NO CO OP?! That's like half the point of borderlands is playing with up to 4 people! Don't give me that "but can't use slo mo with other people" because we didnt need that gimmick in the FIRST PLACE, and it's as simple as making it not function when other people are in the game.

Why no presequel? This should have just been a damn patch to the Handsome Collection, if i'm being honest.

I was all excited and would have finally had a real game worth buying PSVR over, until I saw that, NOPE, it's just a stripped down tech demo version of the game.
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards
(edited 7 months ago)

User Info: LegoLeonidas

LegoLeonidas
7 months ago#2
I can understand the "no cross-save", to a point. The game is different enough for there to be some unintended consequences to transferring saves. But that feels like a shaky argument at best. Also, transferring a high-level character with endgame gear would really diminish the amount of time spent playing the new version. But that's really something most players would rather decide on their own, and again a shaky argument. I think they could have added it(and should have) with little effort.

As far as "no co-op" goes, I've always had a hard time getting my friends to play anyway, and I've never much cared for playing with randos. This one is kind of a toss-up for me. I probably wouldn't use it if it was added, but I know others would.

"Why no Presequel or BL1?" I think you are seriously underestimating the amount of work that goes into making a game for VR. It's a lot more than just "cut-and-paste". I don't know if you've ever looked into the 3DS scene, but early on Nintendo had plans to port a bunch of older games to 3D. They quickly discovered it was a LOT harder and more expensive than they anticipated. Borderlands 2(even without DLC) is a pretty damn big game. Asking for them to also do another big game on top seems a little much. It would also add to the cost and development time.

"No DLC". This is definitely my biggest complaint. Some of the best story bits(not to mention gear) is found in the DLC chapters. The DLC added plenty more life to the game, and it feels kinda short without it. I was disappointed when the Vita version was missing the last two DLC chapters and the final level-cap increase. This is worse.

Overall, I'm interested enough that I'm sure I'll buy it. If they'd included the DLC(or even stated that they intend to add it later) it would be a day-one buy for me. As is, I'll probably wait until it goes on sale. A big factor in this is that, unlike you, I already have a PSVR, so this is really just $50 to further enjoy a game I already love in a new way. If I had to buy a PSVR specifically for it, that would probably be a no-go.
"I have nightmares about Hell, where all I do is add up numbers and try to have conversations with people like you." - Bob the Skull

User Info: huyi

huyi
7 months ago#3
yeah this game has gone from a day 1 buy to a wait for a sale for me, sad thing about it is i don't have anything else to play after i've finished with red dead 2 and tetris effect has let me own too with it's dam price, i'm left with noting to play till next year now, sigh.
Loot Boxes, more Loot Boxes, Microtransactions, Battle Royale, that will be 300 mill per second please...

User Info: ImmortalDragonX

ImmortalDragonX
7 months ago#4
I would. I've never played a single Borderlands game. Ever. So this'll be a completely new and fresh to me both in terms of a playing BL and a new VR experience. Win-win.

That they didn't go Bethesda's route with Skyrim VR and include DLCs (and sadly, mods) is a little disappointing but, since I've not played it in the first place, its not like I really know what I'm gonna be missing. Plus who knows, they might work on those later? I mean...probably not...but still.
Insanity is a dish best served with fried rice and jello.
Youtube: ZanjitaShin. PSN: zanjita

User Info: E Nice

E Nice
6 months ago#5
Degalon posted...

WHY IS THERE NO CO OP?! That's like half the point of borderlands is playing with up to 4 people! Don't give me that "but can't use slo mo with other people" because we didnt need that gimmick in the FIRST PLACE, and it's as simple as making it not function when other people are in the game.

That's a funny excuse. Killing Floor 2 uses slow motion in co-op mode just fine and with six player co-op no less.
ive been eating soup drenched pizza for no reason? - Otaku84 returns

User Info: Outer_space

Outer_space
6 months ago#6
I'm surprised they're charging $50 with all that content missing.
https://i.imgur.com/PZvdWWQ.gif

User Info: LegoLeonidas

LegoLeonidas
6 months ago#7
Outer_space posted...
I'm surprised they're charging $50 with all that content missing.

Nah, it's not like just porting it to a new console. The amount of work it would take, $50 seems more or less fair. I'd definitely be happier if it included the DLC, but I get the feeling I'll love it anyway.
"I have nightmares about Hell, where all I do is add up numbers and try to have conversations with people like you." - Bob the Skull

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
6 months ago#8
ImmortalDragonX posted...
I would. I've never played a single Borderlands game. Ever. So this'll be a completely new and fresh to me both in terms of a playing BL and a new VR experience. Win-win.

That they didn't go Bethesda's route with Skyrim VR and include DLCs (and sadly, mods) is a little disappointing but, since I've not played it in the first place, its not like I really know what I'm gonna be missing. Plus who knows, they might work on those later? I mean...probably not...but still.

That's still no reason when you can just get handsome collection which includes both borderlands 2, presequel and all the doc for both, for way cheaper.
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards

User Info: Retro_Gamer_80s

Retro_Gamer_80s
6 months ago#9
I was interested in this game... but without the DLC and no co-op online? LOL no. I'll pass. I'm sure Borderlands via VR would be a hoot, but paying $50 to get LESS of a game that already exists? LOL why?! If it's that expensive and time consuming to make "The Handsome Collection" all in VR... then just don't make it at all, ya know? There's already news of BL3 coming up, so, I'm passing on this.
"Alright, Beef Burrito, I'll give you one more chance to take back what you said about my mom!" - Rigby

User Info: ImmortalDragonX

ImmortalDragonX
6 months ago#10
Degalon posted...
ImmortalDragonX posted...

That's still no reason when you can just get handsome collection which includes both borderlands 2, presequel and all the doc for both, for way cheaper.

Plenty of reason and all in two little letters; VR. I never played the originals because honestly, they did not interest me at the time. This does and that's all the reason I need.

Lemme tell ya..I played Zone of the Enders: Second Runner way back in the day when it first came out for the PS3. It was an awesome game that I had an absolute blast playing. When they came out with a remaster on PS4, I picked it up because I loved the game, but didn't play it much because I hit the wall of "meh, been there, done that". But I jumped all over ZOE: 2 MARS. Especially after playing the demo. Playing that game from inside the mech, zipping around, and blowing s*** up felt fantastic and exhilarating. More importantly, it felt fresh even though it was the very same game just done differently.

To this day, I still can't get into playing standard Skyrim. But VR is something that I can play for hours, no problem.
Insanity is a dish best served with fried rice and jello.
Youtube: ZanjitaShin. PSN: zanjita
(edited 6 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2 VR
  3. No dlc, no cross save, and no co op. Why would anyone buy this?