• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Online
  3. Legendary Animal Cooldowns
zebatov 3 months ago#1
If you see a legendary animal, but don’t go after it, and it disappears, do you have to wait the three days before seeing an animal of that type again? Or is it only if you skin/sample it?
If the truth is bothersome, then change what's true.
nbjjago 3 months ago#2
Yes
zebatov 3 months ago#3
nbjjago posted...
Yes

Is that to the first part or the second part?
zebatov 3 months ago#4
(message deleted)
nbjjago 3 months ago#6
Chase the gold ? when you see it. If you don't you'll have to wait the 3 days period. I was on a mission and rode pass one, when mission completed I went back and it didn't spawn again. I have most of the legendaries now so I don't bother chasing them so much..
shustas 3 months ago#7
If you see golden ? and DON'T GO after it you will not get a cooldown
guerrillakidney 3 months ago#8
If it spawns at all you will acitvate the cool down
jedgar33797 3 months ago#9
I’ve had the moon beaver run and submerge underwater, notifying me that it escaped. I turned the game off the second that message appeared and loaded it again (used a forced solo session to spawn legendary animal) and it appeared again soon after.

I’ve also done this with accidental run-ins, where I’m trying to avoid cool downs, or in search of another of the same species. By also turning off the game and then reloading, successfully spawning the desired variant immediately after.

One thing to note. You’ll automatically trigger a cool down if you kill/sedate said animal.
XBL / PSN: jedgar33797
Analog, digital, stereo, mono I don't care, GTA is a hard act to follow.
(edited 3 months ago)
zebatov 3 months ago#10
guerrillakidney posted...
If it spawns at all you will acitvate the cool down

And if you see the yellow “?”, does that mean it has spawned, or it will if you investigate it? I noticed some of the “?” appear to not move, as if they’re just a general marker.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Online
  3. Legendary Animal Cooldowns
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A