• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Online
  3. What to spend the free gold on?

User Info: Razgriiz

Razgriiz
1 week ago#1
I already have the duster and gloves I wanted and not sure what else to get. Thoughts?
As the demon sleeps, man turns on man. Its own blood, and madness soon cover the earth. From the depths of despair awaken the Razgriz.

User Info: xGenocidest

xGenocidest
1 week ago#2
Keep saving for a Horse, or Pamphlets.
-

User Info: Tmk

Tmk
1 week ago#3
Nothing.

Here's my policy on gold: I started with -42 gold.

I can't spend any gold, until I have more than 42, and I can't go under 42.

The best horse in the game, unlocked at rank 70, costs 42 gold.

It is by far the best thing to spend gold on, and getting 42 gold is going to be a hell of a grind.

Don't just expect, even with the +15 gold, you'll get there naturally by rank 70 when rank 50 people who got there by doing stuff that nets them the best gold rates only have like 10 gold. Even if gold payouts were doubled...it's not enough.

So save your gold. It's by a very wide margin the hardest thing to get.
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)

Razgriiz
1 week ago#4
Tmk posted...
Nothing.

Here's my policy on gold: I started with -42 gold.

I can't spend any gold, until I have more than 42, and I can't go under 42.

The best horse in the game, unlocked at rank 70, costs 42 gold.

It is by far the best thing to spend gold on, and getting 42 gold is going to be a hell of a grind.

Don't just expect, even with the +15 gold, you'll get there naturally by rank 70 when rank 50 people who got there by doing stuff that nets them the best gold rates only have like 10 gold. Even if gold payouts were doubled...it's not enough.

So save your gold. It's by a very wide margin the hardest thing to get.

Rather get the white arabian
As the demon sleeps, man turns on man. Its own blood, and madness soon cover the earth. From the depths of despair awaken the Razgriz.

Tmk
1 week ago#5
Well, if you prefer the White Arabian enough to suffer the stat loss for health/stamina, then...

Can't say for sure. We don't know what the pamphlet prices are. The ones I had unlocked that cost gold were changed to a lot of money instead, but I barely have any unlocked.

Until we know the current price for each one, and also some of the higher tier upgrades, like the best saddle and stuff, it's probably best to hold off. We don't know what all NEEDS gold is the trouble.

User Info: XCrimsonSamurai

XCrimsonSamurai
1 week ago#6
I bought a nice vest and got my teeth did.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2239148

Razgriiz
1 week ago#7
Tmk posted...
Well, if you prefer the White Arabian enough to suffer the stat loss for health/stamina, then...

Can't say for sure. We don't know what the pamphlet prices are. The ones I had unlocked that cost gold were changed to a lot of money instead, but I barely have any unlocked.

Until we know the current price for each one, and also some of the higher tier upgrades, like the best saddle and stuff, it's probably best to hold off. We don't know what all NEEDS gold is the trouble.

Been curious for years, what's with your signature?

User Info: Project_Weird

Project_Weird
1 week ago#8
I’d keep it for now, gain a little more. You might want something that’ll cost a wee bit more down the road, if they add new stuff or whatever.
PSN: Demendred

User Info: _Caker_

_Caker_
1 week ago#9
Just hoard it unless you really need something. Who knows what they're gonna add in the future that needs it
I disagree.
http://i.imgur.com/E11krvB.gif

Tmk
1 week ago#10
Razgriiz posted...
Been curious for years, what's with your signature?

It's secret messages by way of anagrams. My sig is just my way of conveying some references in a hidden way. Technically, 6 references. Some more hidden than others.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Online
  3. What to spend the free gold on?
  • Topic Archived