Wow!!! That lag!!!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: mustain2121

mustain2121
3 weeks ago#1
I'm on 150MBPS wired LAN. I joined or had people join my game and it becomes a slideshow. Completely unplayable. Have they addressed this? Is there a workaround??
PSN: mustain21
"Chickens used to rule the earth eighty years ago when dinosaurs roamed Mexico" - Guacamelee 2.

User Info: getterwing

getterwing
3 weeks ago#2
mustain2121 posted...
I'm on 150MBPS wired LAN. I joined or had people join my game and it becomes a slideshow. Completely unplayable. Have they addressed this? Is there a workaround??

create a private lobby and play with your friends only.

Currently, no other workaround. Without connection quality filter, you cannot prevent random players from overseas joining your games.

User Info: mustain2121

mustain2121
3 weeks ago#3
getterwing posted...
mustain2121 posted...

Currently, no other workaround. Without connection quality filter, you cannot prevent random players from overseas joining your games.

I see. Thanks for the heads-up. I guess I'll have to round up my friends who play this game.
PSN: mustain21
"Chickens used to rule the earth eighty years ago when dinosaurs roamed Mexico" - Guacamelee 2.

User Info: spanky1

spanky1
3 weeks ago#4
getterwing posted...
mustain2121 posted...

I really don't see why it's such an issue. I mean, it's P2P, right? Tons of other games use P2P, and this doesn't happen. Hell, Call of Duty is P2P. Just saying it's other people's connections doesn't explain what is happening with this game. I have no other problems with any other online games. This is the only one that completely craps out when playing with people. There's something wrong with it.
http://i.imgur.com/DCjoiZ0.jpg

getterwing
3 weeks ago#5
spanky1 posted...
getterwing posted...
mustain2121 posted...

I really don't see why it's such an issue. I mean, it's P2P, right? Tons of other games use P2P, and this doesn't happen. Hell, Call of Duty is P2P. Just saying it's other people's connections doesn't explain what is happening with this game. I have no other problems with any other online games. This is the only one that completely craps out when playing with people. There's something wrong with it.

do you know how Internet works? Do you know what is 'ping', what is 'ms'?

the focus is not "other people's connections", it is "the connection between you and the other player(s)". Do you know what is the difference?

spanky1
3 weeks ago#6
getterwing posted...
spanky1 posted...
getterwing posted...
mustain2121 posted...

the focus is not "other people's connections", it is "the connection between you and the other player(s)". Do you know what is the difference?

Of course I do. I don't see how that matters with regards to what I said though?

I'm wondering what it is about this game that makes it different compared to other games where you have a connection between other players. Other games work, this game doesn't. So there's something wrong with this game.

getterwing
3 weeks ago#7
spanky1 posted...
getterwing posted...
spanky1 posted...
getterwing posted...
mustain2121 posted...

Of course I do. I don't see how that matters with regards to what I said though?

I'm wondering what it is about this game that makes it different compared to other games where you have a connection between other players. Other games work, this game doesn't. So there's something wrong with this game.

are you sure your "other players" in this games are the same as your "other players" in other games?

I assume that you know what is a "connection quality filter" (a common features in nowadays games) and the fact that it is absent from this game?

spanky1
3 weeks ago#8
getterwing posted...
I assume that you know what is a "connection quality filter" (a common features in nowadays games) and the fact that it is absent from this game?

Well there you go. That answers my question, thanks.

Could have saved a lot of pointless discussion by just going there in the first place, lol.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived