This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Out Of All Of These Options, What Do You Want Back The Most?

User Info: KirbyFan

KirbyFan
1 week ago#1
What Do You Want Back The Most?

Okay. Here's a couple of disclaimers before I start this.
1. I absolutely love this game. It included so many QOL changes and the graphics are absolutely stunning! I love how they added so many new animations for our animal friends. But still, we should still be able to criticize it. I don't think that I would hate a game that I sank over 400 hours into.
2. Unfortunately, so far, the only main AC games that I've played were this and NL. I've always wanted to play the others though. So sorry about most of these options only being from that game...
3. I know that you guys will be the ones voting, but I think that I should give my personal reasons for these options anyways.
4. Sorry if I don't answer you guys. Just know that I will be checking this. It's just that there's usually a lot of responses and it's a hassle to log into this account sometimes, lol.

Okay, now with all that out of the way.. Let's get started! These are the options and the reasonings behind them.

Tortimer's Island: Okay , yeah, I know. This island was a really easy way to farm bells. But to be fair, there are many more ways to farm them in this game. I mean, turnips anyone? Anyways, I would love if they added it back. It would make playing with friends a lot more fun. And it would make so much sense. Come on, it's an island!

House Visiting: I miss this feature so much. It made your Villagers feel much more "human". Going on playdates and chatting with them. I remember how Villagers with high friendship levels would randomly (and sometimes annoyingly) barge into our houses to give us a gift. Though, I can definitely get behind why they removed them. In this game, you could move houses ANYWHERE. Even to out of reach places. Or maybe it could have something to do with the next option...

Fleshed Out Villagers: (Okay, I honestly just said that for this segway. I don't think that they removed that because of this. Anyways..) I know that this has probably been brought up to death, but ever since New Leaf, it seems like the Villagers have been on a really fast decline. I'm happy that they have more animations now and can interact with outside items with each individual Villager having specific quirks (for instance, Muffy is more likely to sing than other Villagers) They went from being one of the main draws of the game to just being commodities that you could just trade or buy for just a few NMTs. (Or literal thousands if you're a "good Villager"...) Back then, they actually had fleshed out personalities that you could connect to. But now they are way too nice. In fact, Crankies went from being one of my favorite types to being a one of my least favorites. (My new favorites are Smugs and Ucchis if you're curious.) I'm not saying that they should make them mean, I'm just saying that they should probably make their personalities more varied or give them some more dialogue at the very least. (Also, this is just a sidenote, but has anyone else noticed that they don't ask you for favors that much anymore? I mean, they sometimes do if you just talk to them a bunch, but from what I've seen, they don't ping to ask you for favors, and I personally haven't gotten multiple requests at once. Also, have you played anything with them lately? Because I haven't. I think that they asked me to do this scavenger hunt thing once, you know where you have to find then dig up an item that they buried, but other than that, I haven't been asked to play anything..) There could be a couple of reasons why they nerfed their personalities. Maybe they put them on the back burner so they could work on their animations. Or maybe they toned them down for a similar reason that they toned down Resetti. I feel like this one is more than long enough so I'll just move onto the next option...

Old Furniture: It's kind of weird how they removed them from a game that's all about customizing your island. But there's so many good sets that they got rid of. Like the Robo Series, the Sleek Series, the Rococo Series, and most importantly, Froggy Chair... Hopefully they'll add them back in a patch.

Café, Gyroids, & Gyroid Storage: Okay. I know that is just an extension of the previous option, but Gyroids are worth it. Though it's obvious why they aren't in the game yet. Gyroids are based on Haniwa and the last time I checked, the island that you arrive in is completely deserted. (Besides the fish, plants and bugs.) Or maybe Nook got wise about hiding his victims... If they do add them back, I think that they'll only be obtainable from working at the Café. Since coffee beans are basically useless in this game.

Destroyable/Wilting Flowers: Time travellers know how annoying these plants can be. You can't destroy them with shovels anymore and you can't destroy them by running. So they just grow and grow until they practically take over the town. Then you'll have to waste bells, shovels, and/or time getting rid of them...

Different Custom Design Slots Per Account: (..That's a mouthful.) If our different accounts are going to be stuck on the same island, then our different accounts should at least be able to have our own slots. It's so annoying trying to manage them...

Ordinances: Not really sure why these were removed tbh. These really helped us personalize our towns.

Removed Villagers: There were some really cool ones that got the axe. Woolio the GOAT (or rather sheep..), Bow & Meow (matching robots), Pierre & Shoukichi (Clowns that will really go well with Pietro and Marcel), and Zoe. (Cool mysterious anteater.)

Other: Maybe you don't want any of the other options on this list. Or maybe you want something else. Idk. Anyways, if you picked this, you should probably comment what it is you want back.

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read all of this incomprehensible broken English that I spent hours on. I hope that this one doesn't get ignored, lol.

Oh, and sorry if there's any mistakes. I swear. Gamefaqs on mobile is such a pain. While typing this, it decided that it'd be cool to completely get rid of anything. Luckily I copied most of the text. But unfortunately, something might've gotten messed up while typing this beast of a post.

User Info: danmiy12

danmiy12
1 week ago#2
tortamier, makes online not as useless and since most of the prizes there are already in game that means a ton of new items added to the game. It doesnt have to be called torimeter island as he might have died, even kappn island would be awesome and function the same. As of now, online is really bad and serves no pt unless you are trading or something. We need more multi content that this will be perfect imo.
super mario maker 2 maker id:GFH-MCB-51H AC NH Dream address:DA-8686-0818-6844
Monster hunter HH Main 20k+ uses over 5 games/ switch fc SW-7322-5459-7505
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Silver79

Silver79
1 week ago#3
I probably miss the island visits the most. I thought they were a nice touch inngiving that community feel.
ACNH Dream Address: DA-0382-7289-2933
SSBU Mains: Chrom, Robin

User Info: MDS2005

MDS2005
1 week ago#4
well technically Mario stuff has been confirmed to return... eventually... at least some of it... but that doesnt say anything about the other Nintendo items, so i voted for Old Furniture.
I want that Zelda and Splatoon and Metroid and so on... stuff.

The rococo stuff is pretty cool too i guess.
Cats.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: h9000

h9000
1 week ago#5
Re: fleshed out villagers.

A thing I noticed grinding out Smile Island, talking to all my villagers 5+ times in a row, is that they have a lot more dialog than you ever see if you just talk to them once a day. All these interesting stories they tell are totay buried for no reason I can understand. It doesn't make them super Fleshed Out but it def in it helped me bond with them more.
DA-5029-3837-4867

User Info: widnow

widnow
1 week ago#6
h9000 posted...

A thing I noticed grinding out Smile Island, talking to all my villagers 5+ times in a row, is that they have a lot more dialog than you ever see if you just talk to them once a day. All these interesting stories they tell are totay buried for no reason I can understand. It doesn't make them super Fleshed Out but it def in it helped me bond with them more.
It annoys me that most villagers give you a snarky comment if you talk to them more than a handful of times within a few hours. It makes me talk to them less, TBH.

KirbyFan
1 week ago#7
MDS2005 posted...
well technically Mario stuff has been confirmed to return... eventually... at least some of it... but that doesnt say anything about the other Nintendo items, so i voted for Old Furniture.
I want that Zelda and Splatoon and Metroid and so on... stuff.

The rococo stuff is pretty cool too i guess.
This is going to sound off, but out of all the items that they bring back, I hope that they bring back the fire bar the most.

User Info: danmiy12

danmiy12
1 week ago#8
I'm surprised how varied this is lol, goes to show how imcomplete this game is as of now. Too many things still needed to be added and even if they add 1 of those features, something else will still be missing.
super mario maker 2 maker id:GFH-MCB-51H AC NH Dream address:DA-8686-0818-6844
Monster hunter HH Main 20k+ uses over 5 games/ switch fc SW-7322-5459-7505

KirbyFan
1 week ago#9
h9000 posted...

Yeah, I actually heard about that. I just forgot to bring it up. (Just like how I forgot to bring a bunch of other things up like how they only brought back the sloppy rug for some reason)

It's a shame that they're buried under all that generic text though. Most players will never get to experience their unique dialogue.

User Info: widnow

widnow
1 week ago#10
It would be interesting to datamine the game, count how many lines of dialogue each villager (or archetype) has, and compare them to past entries. I haven't played this series since Wild World, but I do remember them being more interesting even back then.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Out Of All Of These Options, What Do You Want Back The Most?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A