This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Question regarding villager furniture gifting/original villagers

User Info: Recon868

Recon868
1 month ago#1
So to start off I love the villager Roald, he was one of two initial villagers in my island. However early on I gave him a fishing rod and he put it in his house as a furnishing. My question is, if I keep gifting him furniture, will he eventually swap out the fishing rod for something I gave him?

My other question is regarding the initial villager furnishing. Roald's house is so plain, just a boring wood furniture house. No nice wallpaper or flooring. Is it possible to gift him furniture that I want him to have to swap out the boring plain wood furniture? Is it possible to get him to change the wallpaper and flooring? He is my favourite villager but his house is so plain.

User Info: Kanuke98

Kanuke98
1 month ago#2
I still have originals on my Island and they won't change out wall or flooring but they will display other furniture I have given them. With my villagers I've tried this with it's not permanent they seem to rotate on occasion.
SW 0446-5014-6527 Mayor D.A. Town DragonRest Nth Hem. PST. DA-0778-0605-2109

User Info: 5963

1 month ago#3
Villagers will rotate the furniture you give them. I gave Hopper a paper kite butterfly, which he used to replace a radio thing, and now he swaps them out from time to time. There's also a limit on how many furniture items villagers can have in their "storage". I think if you give them enough furniture to fill their storage, they'll probably start getting rid of the older items to make room for new ones (haven't seen or tested this though, just speculation).
Err... Oh dear. I guess that doesn't really qualify as "news," does it?

User Info: Inferno00

Inferno00
1 month ago#4
5963 posted...
There's also a limit on how many furniture items villagers can have in their "storage".

Yes, 32 items.
"Burn in the fires of Inferno!"

User Info: AVM

AVM
1 month ago#5
I have issues with my villager gift-giving. I always seem to get it wrong and they don't like the things I give them. :( Does that hurt your friendship rating with them?
"All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others."

User Info: h9000

h9000
1 month ago#6
I asked a question about the mechanics of furniture a few days ago and someone posted a link to an awesome doc in the thread. You can see the original types of furniture your early villagers have and it makes it easier to change out the wooden block items if you know what to target.

That thread is here and you can find the Google doc link and check it out.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/248082-animal-crossing-new-horizons/78901072
DA-5029-3837-4867

User Info: yzman

yzman
1 month ago#7
Unfortunately original villagers will always have the crappy houses. You will need to get rid of him to not have the plain old house.
As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away

User Info: EHeroHaneKuribo

EHeroHaneKuribo
1 month ago#8
AVM posted...
I have issues with my villager gift-giving. I always seem to get it wrong and they don't like the things I give them. :( Does that hurt your friendship rating with them?

Unless you're giving them garbarge your friendship won't go down. The little capitalists are more interested in the monetary value of the gifts that you give them above all else.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Question regarding villager furniture gifting/original villagers
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A